Odense Vs. Motherwell

LadywellToi

id have been reasonably happy with a 2-1 defeat before the game which keep us right in the tie which is the main thing.the goal at the end was the least we deserved well done tom hately :thumbup: its game on now for next week

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought we controlled the second half without looking like scoring and definately did not deserve to lose the second goal but Hately scoring in injury time was no more than we deserved. Sorry huge Jenno fan but he was naive to make that challenge this is Europe not the SPL. As some one said next week is arguably the biggest game financially for the club so lets coax anyone who has a chance of going to get to Fir Park and lets be PART OF HISTORY IN THE MAKING.

Thought we gave a bloody good account of ourselves there. They're not anything to fear I don't think. That said, they get forward more incisively than we do, but most teams do, to be fair. We play the ball quite well on the ground, but sometimes it's just too slow and obvious.

Yip, us in a nutshell. That said I think Blackman's yer man for giving us a more incisive attacking threat. Reckon he should start next Thursday.

It would be well overdue. The refs we've had in Europe recently have been absolutely rotten. Bar the last minute tonight we've had next to nothing off them.

Anytime I see a Scottish team in Europe they seem to get very little from officials. Maybe I'm just biased but looks to me like Scottish teams aren't best liked.

As regards the ref decisions, I think that they have a pre-concieved idea that Scottish teams are aggressive long ball merchants so already have a few bookings in their minds.

I think Motherwell have played the refs as well as they can, no daft bookings, no diving in and yet we still find ourselves a man down.

Very strong performance, good result, just wish Craigan had a bit more pace to get to that ball for the second goal.

Real chance next week. Lets make some NOISE!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Now that I've calmed down a bit, I worry slighty that the midfield may be too light without Jennings in there grafting with Lasley.

If Forbes gets the nod, maybe this is the game he'll rise to the occassion again and prove me wrong

That aside, glad I trusted we'd get something from the game and got my tickets on Sunday - Thursday cannae come quick enough - we've had enough nearly moments in recent years - this is a cup final

Get in there and create a noise that'll make them wonder what's hit them :thumbup:

MON RA DOSSERS

What a fucking free kick..... absolutely outstanding.

It was the least we deserved as we were bye far the better of the two teams. I cannot fathom why again we had a bad bad referee, we just dont get decent refs. Eric Djemba-Djemba must feel like the luckiest man alive, 4 or 5 bookable fouls and doesnt even get spoken too. Reynolds 1 foul, yellow card, Saunders the same and Jenno 3 fouls which led to two yellows.

Thats not to even mention 2 or 3 really good pen shouts.... again.....

Really pleased that the tie is still alive, that goal will put at least another 2000 or 3000 bums on seats at Fir Park next week and in the long run could be worth £3m to a club like ours.

Lets back the team 1005 and roar them to victory next week and secure the future of our club for years to come....

MON THE WELL..................................

Absolute priceless goal by hateley!! It's still obviously going to be tough and everyone needs to be on there game. A central midfield of lasley and forbes is worrying tho! Anyone within 200 miles of fir park BUY A TICKET AND ROAR THE WELL INTO THE GROUP STAGES!!!!! :thumbup:

Hahaha. That's a belter from Lobey Dosser upthread.

Let's get behind the team next week, it CAN make a massive difference. No fuckin' moaning if it's 0-0 with 70 mins gone, please. We can win this. If we do, well I don't know but it'd good

Ok things have calmed down a bit so I’m gonna put my 2 cence in....

...and to be honest it was going to be somewhat more brutal had THAT goal not happened with the last kick of the ball!

Anyway...for me we were without doubt the better team tonight. The defence was solid apart from the 2 obvious fluffs, the midfield dominated, the entire game and with the exception of the last 10mins or so we were always the team on top for me! The forwards showed good energy and never gave up, however there back line coped well and we never really managed to open them up.

Randolph - Had virtually nothing to do and the little he did he coped with very well. Put no blame at him for first Odense goal as he was in a perfect position for any shot coming in.

Hammel - Solid display from Hammel, good positioning and moved the ball efficiently. Would have like to see him threaten at their end a bit more though.

Craigan - Was having a superb game up until their 2nd goal when he was posted missing. Was enraged that he never got a foot in their when it seemed like the easiest thing to do and to make things worse he seemed to give up! I expect better from our Captain.

Reynolds - First class. Hardly put a foot wrong all night and he is my man of the match without question.

Saunders - Should have done better at the first goal, but other than that he done very well making a few great tackles.

Humphrey - Full of running, full of ambitions, full of energy....but someone please teach him to cross. If he could even deliver one good ball of every three we will reap huge rewards due the great positions he gets himself into.

Hateley - That free-kick alone is enough! Oustanding goal! However, have to be honest, thats the poorest I've seen him look for a while. Gave the ball away too often, spet to long on the ball, tried stupid things rather than keeping it simple...then he pops up with a moment of genius that made me jump about like a dafty!

Lasley - Thought he had a brilliant game as well. Great tackling and kept it simple. When he went off we started to loose our grip in the middle a bit.

Jennings - He must be gutted...was NEVER a booking ! He was the one fouled! He had a great shift breaking up play and I really think we will miss him next week!

Sutton - Put in a tireless shift that we've come to expect from him. Won loads of headers against two giant centre halfs and brought others into play well.

Murphy - Really should have scored tonight and for me he was a little off the pace tonight. Good link up play with Sutton in the first half but looked tired in the 2nd half for me. When Sutton forced the spill off Carroll he should have punced on it.

Forbes - I like Forbes, think he has bags of talent, but tonight he was a bomb scare! His touch was shocking, his passing wild and he looked completely out his depth. Him comming on for Lasley coincided with OB getting a better grip of the midfield. Need much more if he is picked for Jennings next week.

Blackman - Looks a decent aquisition! Good first touch and decent pace. Managed to win us the freekick and added a bit extra up front that Murphy didn't suply tonight.

McHugh - As happens all too often with him, never really had much time to make an impact. Few decent touches.

As for OB, I was suprised at how average they were! The are big and strong at the back and lack pace in the team with only Utaka looking quick. They are a route one team and we coped with that quite easily tonight. They are also a bunch of diving bar stewards, going down at any opportunity - especially Caca! They have ability as they showed in flashes but they are no better than than us on our day.

Finally, the referee! The fucking pig shagging blind fucking geriatric cumstain of a man that he is was nothing short of a disgrace for me tonight. Never a red card, two stone wall penalties, maybe three, pulling us up for every 50-50, stupid pointless bookings (Saunders) for very soft fouls, refusal to let the game flow, not spoting diving and play-acting and general lack of any coherance makes me thankful for Ian Brines! Even Hateley's free kick came from a ridiculous soft foul, one of the very few we got tonight. His bias toward OB seems aparant to us 'Well fans, but I think he was shocking all round!

Next week, as has been said, is one of the biggest games I've ever know as a 'Well fan! We have an incredible chance judging on tonight and I hope we can do it. It won't be easy as I think OB are very solid at the back. We only had 2 or 3 chances tonight, and only Murphy's was clear cut. We need to bring our A game and attack them from the off. I believe they will sit in and play on the break utilising Utaka's pace. We need to score early and keep the ball the way we did at times tonight!

I genuinely believe we can do it and I would urge ever single 'Well fan to get to Fir Park and put the shitters up them with the atmosphere! We took 17,000 to the CIS Cup final a few years back, we only need 12500 to fill The 'Ark and hopefully witness Motherwell folklore being written!

Mon the 'Well!!