Odense Vs. Motherwell

LadywellToi

I'd be interested to know if there is any option on Blackman written into his loan or he is merely being farmed out to get 1st team football while certainly being in Blackburn's future plans.

I cut this from the Daily Record website, from yesterday..

It sounds like he is still aiming to be part of Blackburns plans, although if this proposed takeover goes through and Sam Allardyce is handed a £100m transfer kitty...(wtf would he know what to do with that amount of money anyway?)...I can't see him being there much longer, esepcially if he isn't figuring much already.

NICK Blackman watched in awe as hero Wayne Rooney bagged a famous debut hat-trick on a Champions League glory night for Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Now the on-loan Motherwell striker is looking to make his own explosive start in Europe after his switch from Blackburn.

The Englishman made his debut during the defeat to Hibs on Sunday and is set to taste continental action for the first time at Odense's TRE-FOR Park tonight.

The Salford boy's only experience of European football so far has been watching boyhood heroes United - with Rooney's incredible bow in a 6-2 win against Fenerbahce six years ago the highlight.

And while this evening's Europa League play-off first leg might not have the same billing, Blackman knows the big guns lie in wait if Well can overcome the Danes and reach the lucrative group stage.

The 20-year-old, who started out at the Red Devils' academy alongside the likes of Danny Welbeck, said: "I am a Manchester United fan. I sometimes get to see them play on big European nights if tickets become available and I've been to watch a few good games.

"I was there when Rooney scored his hat-trick on his debut. I was there when they played Porto the other season as well.

"It's great to think I now have the opportunity to play in Europe so early in my Motherwell career.

"There are some really big teams in there and this is a winnable fixture so fingers crossed the boys can do it. This is a great opportunity.

"If we got to the groups a big tie like Manchester City would be really special, particularly with me being a United fan. A glamour tie would be good for the club financially as well.

"If Manchester City came along then hopefully I would get a chance. I have seen a couple of Manchester derbies in the past.

Howlers "I was born in Salford and have lived there all my life. I was at Man United as a kid and it was a great opportunity for me to learn my trade at probably the best club in the world."

Blackman is likely to face some former United players in the Odense ranks with fit-again keeper Roy Carroll set to take his place between the sticks and Eric Djemba-Djemba assured of a place as midfield enforcer.

Blackman said: "I remember Djemba-Djemba. He was a really tough tackler. He went to Aston Villa afterwards.

"I remember Carroll as well. He had a few mistakes in his time but was the United keeper for a good few years. Hopefully he'll have a few howlers against us.

"Football can change really quickly. One minute I am playing with reserves, the next I could be playing European football.

"It is good exposure as a lot of people watch Scottish football. The European aspect is a bonus. Motherwell deserve great credit for the work they have put in last season and what they have achieved."

While Blackman - who scored nine goals in pre-season for Rovers - is happy at Motherwell, his aim is to prove his long-term worth at Ewood Park where he worked under Fir Park assistant boss Archie Knox.

The frontman aims to emulate the likes of Lukasz Jutkiewicz and John Ruddy whose successful loan spells in Lanarkshire led to moves to the Championship.

He said: "My loan to Motherwell is about showing Blackburn I am worthy of a place in their first team.

"I will take heart from Jutkiewicz because he did a great job for Motherwell and the fans really took to him. Everyone has good things to say about him so hopefully I can do something similar.

"You get great exposure in the SPL and he has done really well for himself by getting a move to Coventry.

"This is the last year of my contract so I knew it was going to be a big season and I had to hit the ground running. I scored nine goals in pre-season and just wanted to give myself the best possible chance to try to push on into the first team.

"Coming to Motherwell will be a great experience and I still have belief I can get into the first-team squad at Blackburn.

"It is a great opportunity to play European football and for the boys to qualify for the group stage. I started Rovers' pre-season friendlies against Hearts and Celtic so that must have impressed someone at Motherwell.

"I was called into the gaffer's office on the Monday and told Motherwell were interested so I thought it would be a great move. I spoke to Blackburn coaches Steve Kean and Neil McDonald and they said I should go for it. I was also at Rovers when Paul Ince was manager and I know quite a bit about Archie.

"I remember him shouting a lot but everyone listened because he was an authority figure."

Rovers are at the centre of a multi-million takeover by an Indian businessman and if it goes through boss Sam Allardyce could get a £100million transfer kitty.

That would make Blackman's target of a top-team place even harder but he's not giving up on his dream.

He said: "It would be great for the club if the takeover happened because the more money they get, the better standard of player they can get. It would be good if they weren't working off such a tight budget.

"Of course it would be harder for younger players like myself to get into the team if that was to happen.

"But that is what you have to put up with in the Premier League.

"I have a few friends at Manchester City and it's even worse there.

"I definitely have the belief I can get into the Blackburn team.

"My aim is to be the club's main striker but I have to do as well as I can at Motherwell and see where it takes me."

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope. According to UEFA, our Yellow Card count seems to be...

Jennings - 2 (both last night)

Hammell - 1

Craigan - 1

Lasley - 1

Fitzpatrick - 1

Saunders - 1

Reynolds - 1

Reading the rules, it is 2 (then 4 and 6)yellows in seperate matches which leads to a one-match suspension during the Qualifiers. If the team makes it to the Group Stages, the yellow card count is removed and it is then 3 yellow cards. Not sure if that means if Craigan et al get booked and we go into the Groups does that mean they will or won't be suspended. It is rather vague on that point!

Have to admit when the second went in I all but gave up last night.

The away goal was vital though. 1-0 does it.

Not getting too excited yet as we've all experienced this stuff before. Ie nancy, 1 goal down, kick off at Fir Park and concede 2 in 15 mins. CIS final 2 down in 10 mins etc.

We do look alot better in Europe these days though. Possibly down to the team playing the last couple of seasons or Craig Brown's experience. Probably both.

If we do go through Fir park will be absolute bedlam.

Can I just say now... please can we not get put out on away goals.. would prefer a good pumping than that to happen (again).

I think we played pretty well last night. I'm sure someones already said (but I don't have time to read the whole thread) but it was quality that it was the ref who'd given us very little all night made us retake the free kick giving us the goal - don't know that I've ever celebrated a goal which didn't mean we win/draw so much before!

Was a cracking trip all in and fingers crossed we do them at Fir Park!

Can I just say now... please can we not get put out on away goals.. would prefer a good pumping than that to happen (again).

I can't really see us going out on away goals, tbh. If we do go out, my guess would be more likely a frustrating failure to score on the night (and possibly losing another one or two in the process while we're pressing).

At least we know exactly what to do .

Anyone fancy to a 'welcome to hell' welcoming party down @glasgow airport !!! Works for the Turks.

Remember in the 2006 world cup the German fans turned up outside the England hotel the night before the game and had a party, the players were knackered due to lack of sleep.

Might not be fair play BUT it is worth £2 Million.

:evilgrin:

Randolph was at fault with the 1st goal, inswinging crosses into the box he cant deal with!! Rooted to his goal line!!

Craigan is way too slow and his distribution is god awful........How bad are Northern Irish centre halfs if he's still their top choice!! 2nd goal was embarrassing!!

Midfield needs fixed badly, way too slow!! ok (Humphreys) is quick but so is usain bolt, i'm guessing he cant cross a ball either!!

Lasley.....too slow, no vision...tries hard tho

Jennings........too slow, creates nothing!!

Hateley.....been to the gym too much, has got slower!!

plus side, we're still in the tie, and odense aren't that good apart from djemba dude and utaka who will cause us problems due to our frailties above!!

Oh come on mate, give the lads a break, they have all performed fantastic to get that type of result in Norway. Yes a few below par rounds from some individuals, but you have got to be happy with an away goal.

Jennings - breaks everything thing up in the middle, i agree he is not a creator but a workhorse which is needed when your weak up front.

Lasley- i agree with his vision, but he is too much like Jennings, one or the other needs to be changed, fortunatly Jennings will sit the next tie out, lets see who comes in.

Hately- Great goal, and for that alone i shall leave him out of my Post mortem.

Craigan- Agree to slow, but to be fare so are most Club captains that play centre back.

Humphrey- Was played out of position first half, but tried his best never the less, second half he was ripping the left back to pieces, which resulted in the left back being subbed. And a point to note the lowest point scorer from the papers on the Hibs game was the (left back) after Humphrey left him needing some there there cream from his mummy. The team had watched Humphrey on Sunday, so i amagine thats why Mr Brown changed him to the left to put a spanner in the works, not sure that paid off as if Humphrey was on the right from the start i think the score would of been different. Good effort Humphrey, keep it up, One to watch in the SPL this season and i have a feeling that he will gel with Blackman, soon.

Don't know if you have seen it, but there are highlights from the match here:

http://tv2sport.dk/node/61358

Think it's the worst match OB played this year (actually, this years season of the Superliga has been the worst since the 99-2000 season.. So that's quite awful!)...

Our defensive really wasn't good, and generally our play was uninspired and bad. We were lucky with the 2-1 victory...

Sunday we're playing against Brøndby IF that won 2-0 against Sporting Lissabon this week. Gonna be a tough one...

Hope we will improve our play for the return leg.. Otherwise, we're out of the UEFA cup.

What a trip, what a goal, I was lucky enough to witness the Faddy goal in Paris but that goal for the Well was something special to celebrate, the Odense fans were all saying how they felt like it was a defeat, the stuffing could be knocked outa them fellow Dossers and the home leg still to come, a great chance to progress. Would just like to say also, what a city and country, very clean, very friendly, by most my best trip abroad, loved every minute of it, apart of course the price for the cider RYAN. Haha that man knows how to do business running around with a drill on the morning of the match hanging up the Well flags.

Looking forward to having a drink with the Odense fans, Neils, Randi, you will like the prices :nod:

article-0-027610D000000578-351_468x759.jpg

PaulScholesAP_468x654.jpgarticle-1213578-06685ACE000005DC-533_468x278_popup.jpg

article-1173877-04B07C8B000005DC-593_468x677.jpg

PaulDurkin1[1].jpg

Aye very good Diggle, never let a "in the Man Utd. vs Newcastle game" get int the way of a google image search.

Odense_BK, did you see the rating in the paper that were mentioned earlier in this thread? Based on what you wrote I'm guessing you don't agree with the points awarded to either teams players?