Odense Vs. Motherwell

LadywellToi

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought the game was evenly matched but some poor refereeing and woeful diving marred an otherwise un-inspirational game.

Reynolds Booking- Was never a booking, especially not after only 2 mins.

Jennings' First - I thought it was inconspicuous, Nothing in it really.

Jennings' Second- Definately a Yellow!

First Goal (Odense) - Lucky bounce past the Keeper, Defence was static.

Second goal (Odense) - A Clear Free kick to the 'Well was turned down in the run up to the goal. Good Composure from the guy.

Hateley's Goal - Top Quality Free kick in to the top corner of the Net, lucky when ref ordered the re-take.

referee- Absolute tosser. Booked our players for nothing but when one of their playing dive into leg breaking challenges. Very inconsistant.

Did anyone else think the Police were taking the pish with the route of the March?????? And the pissing in the bushes?

Hello Motherwell-supporters.

A few thoughts on the game from an OB-fan.

First of all, it was not a very good game from either side in my opinion. OB played what was probably the worst game we've played in over a year. Our defence backed away from every challenge, when they weren't busy making risky free kicks. Our midfield was not supportive for either defence or offence, and the players strolled around the pitch like it was a sunday walk in the park.

The attitude from our players was one of arrogance and a feeling that no matter what, they would still make it through. It cost us dearly, when one of our crap midfielders made a clumsy and stupid challenge in overtime, that ultimately cost us your goal.

The ref was dodgy as well. He must have swallowed the whistle, because every time he moved, it seemed like he blew it. You were denied at least one penalty, when A.M. Christensen had his arm on the ball in the first half.

I can assure you, that this is not the normal level of performance from OB, and I would be very surprised if we saw a repeat perfomance in Scotland. Motherwell were clearly on level with us in Odense, but in 8 games out of 10 we should beat you, if our players would just remember how to play football.

As for the supporters, it was great to see the turnout, and having a few (or a lot of) pints with your supporters in Ryans and Slotskroen. You are a very friendly and funny bunch, and you are welcome back in Odense any time. I had a very good time, and it was great to see the love and passion for your club on display.

As I said to those supporters I spoke to after the game: If OB can't beat you over two games, we have no business in Europe anyway, and at least it will be a team with traditions and history going through to the group, making some well needed money.

Thank you for the game, and the exemplary kindness and respect your supporters showed in Odense.

I can assure you, that this is not the normal level of performance from OB, and I would be very surprised if we saw a repeat perfomance in Scotland. Motherwell were clearly on level with us in Odense, but in 8 games out of 10 we should beat you, if our players would just remember how to play football.

I suppose we could argue that with your team aswell, because Motherwell were certainly off Par in the match although I think we did control the majority of the game.

What are your thoughts on Our red Card??????

The attitude from our players was one of arrogance and a feeling that no matter what, they would still make it through. It cost us dearly, when one of our crap midfielders made a clumsy and stupid challenge in overtime, that ultimately cost us your goal.

I'm sorry, but why should you beat us 8 out of 10 times? How many times have you seen us play? You almost contradict yourself by saying your players were arrogant then go on to say you should thump us almost everytime we play you. We're not a bad team, I'd have thought Thursday would have shown you that.

Maybe it was the Tuborg, but I thought the Ref utterly attrocious, I thought the antics of some of the OB players to be downright disgraceful, I thought we gave away cheap goals, I thought we did not put Carroll under enough pressure in the 1st half, and I thought Hately's goal to be absolutely magnificent. Could prove to be a very very valuable goal.

The game was even for the most IMHO, and I know we can play much better.

At 2-0 we were out. However at 2-1 were are far far from it. Lets fill Fir Park and scare the life out of them and help the boys create history and give us the Big Time for a few months.

Respects to everyone at Ryans, and to the locals who were very welcoming.

And I got my Euro away goal ........ apologies for the tears, but it could not be helped.

I suppose we could argue that with your team aswell, because Motherwell were certainly off Par in the match although I think we did control the majority of the game.

What are your thoughts on Our red Card??????

Ridiculous. The first card was ok, the second was in no way a yellow, especially when it led to a sending off. The ref was p*** poor. Djemba-Djemba and A.M. Christensen must have thanked their lucky stars that they came away from the match without a booking.

Ridiculous. The first card was ok, the second was in no way a yellow, especially when it led to a sending off. The ref was p*** poor. Djemba-Djemba and A.M. Christensen must have thanked their lucky stars that they came away from the match without a booking.

I also thought a few of Your players almost refused to stay on their feet, Caca was one of them....

The seriously, as I said earlier would be lucky to Referee sunday league games with performances like that!

I'm sorry, but why should you beat us 8 out of 10 times? How many times have you seen us play? You almost contradict yourself by saying your players were arrogant then go on to say you should thump us almost everytime we play you. We're not a bad team, I'd have thought Thursday would have shown you that.

I meant with the perfomance you delivered on thursday. OB played the worst game in recent memory, but we were still unlucky not to win with two. I was in no way impressed by Motherwells level of performance. Most of the teams we meet in the danish league plays on a higher level. Some on a much higher level. What made the difference was better tactics from Brown and a lot of fight and heart from the Motherwell players.

But it shouldn't be any surprise we played the way we did. Scottish football gets a lot of bad press but it's really not as bad as is made out. We are proof of that! If you compare Danish club football to Scottish club football in European competitions, not been a big, big difference over the years.

My memorys not the best but i dont remember feeling like we were ever getting a bit of a doing, a la Nancy away, and somehow we were 2 down.

Pretty sure big darren in goals didnt really have too many saves, and by all accounts we were denied a 'stonewall' pen that would have got us a 2 each.

Not being greedy though, would have taken 2-1 before a ball was kicked, gives us a fair chance next week at our place, and that seemed to make most folk pretty happy at full time :mellow:

We must be the luckiest team in europe,in the last round against Aalesund in Norway we were told by the Norwegians that was the worst they had played at home in 2 years,now we have a Danish fan saying thats the worst they have played in recent memory,could it be down to not being allowed to play their normal game,just a thought.

But it shouldn't be any surprise we played the way we did. Scottish football gets a lot of bad press but it's really not as bad as is made out. We are proof of that! If you compare Danish club football to Scottish club football in European competitions, not been a big, big difference over the years.

We knew Motherwell didn't play "kick-n-rush", and that your coach was a experienced ol' dog. I think both teams supporters had expected more from the opposing side. That was the feeling you got after the game, anyway.

But even with Celtic and Rangers being regulars in the Champions League, Scotland still finished 8 places below Denmark in last years european coefficients:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/d.../ccoef2010.html

What a celebration after that goal. I didn't think we were ever going to leave after the game :P .

The stewards looked shocked about the noise we made after the game. Ryan's bar was fantastic after the match too. What a sing song we had and I must admit I felt sorry for the singer that was booked. Everytime he tried to sing the well fans would belt out another tune. He gave up in the end and the well fans took control of the mic.

Great experience and roll on the Thursday :mellow:

We must be the luckiest team in europe,in the last round against Aalesund in Norway we were told by the Norwegians that was the worst they had played at home in 2 years,now we have a Danish fan saying thats the worst they have played in recent memory,could it be down to not being allowed to play their normal game,just a thought.

There is no doubt that the speed and tenacity the Motherwell players showed threw the OB players off a bit. We have a very aged and slow defence, and fast players tend to hurt us. I was surprised your lot didn't take more shots from the distance.

There is no doubt that the speed and tenacity the Motherwell players showed threw the OB players off a bit. We have a very aged and slow defence, and fast players tend to hurt us. I was surprised your lot didn't take more shots from the distance.

But so do we have a fairly slow defence and we struggled against Chris Sorenson and co. throughout the match.

What a trip! Easily was the best European away trip seeing the Well, Wednesday night in Ryans Bar was unbelievable and Thursday was a cracking day as well. Didn't get back till 4 this morning after a long drive up from London but it was all worth it. Roll on Thursday night, Mon the Well!!!!!!

He's only on loan..........

A few thoughts on the game from an OB-fan.

First of all, it was not a very good game from either side in my opinion. OB played what was probably the worst game we've played in over a year. Our defence backed away from every challenge, when they weren't busy making risky free kicks. Our midfield was not supportive for either defence or offence, and the players strolled around the pitch like it was a sunday walk in the park.

The ref was dodgy as well. He must have swallowed the whistle, because every time he moved, it seemed like he blew it. You were denied at least one penalty, when A.M. Christensen had his arm on the ball in the first half.

As for the supporters, it was great to see the turnout, and having a few (or a lot of) pints with your supporters in Ryans and Slotskroen. You are a very friendly and funny bunch, and you are welcome back in Odense any time. I had a very good time, and it was great to see the love and passion for your club on display.

As I said to those supporters I spoke to after the game: If OB can't beat you over two games, we have no business in Europe anyway, and at least it will be a team with traditions and history going through to the group, making some well needed money.

Thank you for the game, and the exemplary kindness and respect your supporters showed in Odense.

Thanks for your thoughts. My biggest concern is that OB only played to 80% of their capability and can play much better. I think that their celebration of the first goal showed that they thought they were out for a practice match.

Having said that Fir Park will be a very difficult place to come. It is a small, compact stadium with the fans being very close to pitchside. Rangers and Celtic have had many a tough visit and it will be a difficult night for OB. They may well regret the rather relaxed attitude from the first game. For our players it will be one of the biggest games of their lives and as a club, one of the biggest in our history so OB are going to be up against a team and support that are fired up and ready to go. Looking forward to the reaction from the East Stand the first time a OB player takes a dive. Roll on Thursday. Cannot wait.