Odense Vs. Motherwell

LadywellToi

For our players it will be one of the biggest games of their lives and as a club, one of the biggest in our history so OB are going to be up against a team and support that are fired up and ready to go.

Have OB been in the group stages before? I was expecting a bigger home support in Denmark but was told by someone that it was only a small game for the club.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dont know about the group stages. Think they've been to a quarter final in europe, and beat real madrid on the way, possibly around 1995. At least thats what i remember one of the locals telling me before the game.

Crowd was really small though. Official site has the crowd as over 14000, but if thats the case their capacity must be about 30 odd thousand cos the place was only about half full.

Dont know about the group stages. Think they've been to a quarter final in europe, and beat real madrid on the way, possibly around 1995. At least thats what i remember one of the locals telling me before the game.

Crowd was really small though. Official site has the crowd as over 14000, but if thats the case their capacity must be about 30 odd thousand cos the place was only about half full.

The local paper recorded the the crowd at just over 5100.

Yep. They lost to Parma in the quarter finals in '95, beating Real Madrid in the previous round.

Wikipedia

And their UEFA record according to UEFA.com:

Biggest win in UEFA competition:

26/06/2004, Ballymena 0-7 Odense, Ballymena

Biggest defeat in UEFA competition:

02/10/1990, Real Madrid 6-0 Odense, Madrid

Appearances in UEFA Champions League: 3

Appearances in UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 2

Appearances in UEFA Europa League: 9

Appearances in UEFA Intertoto Cup: 6

Player with most UEFA appearances: 36

Steen Nedergaard ( DEN)

Top scorers in UEFA club competitions: 9

Mwape Miti ( ZAM)

Thanks for your thoughts. My biggest concern is that OB only played to 80% of their capability and can play much better. I think that their celebration of the first goal showed that they thought they were out for a practice match.

Having said that Fir Park will be a very difficult place to come. It is a small, compact stadium with the fans being very close to pitchside. Rangers and Celtic have had many a tough visit and it will be a difficult night for OB. They may well regret the rather relaxed attitude from the first game. For our players it will be one of the biggest games of their lives and as a club, one of the biggest in our history so OB are going to be up against a team and support that are fired up and ready to go. Looking forward to the reaction from the East Stand the first time a OB player takes a dive. Roll on Thursday. Cannot wait.

They might have been at 80% but i think we were at that level as well,more to come from us too,its all gonna come down to what happens on the night,they play as they did in that leg,and we up our game mmmm,gonna be a night and a half.

Yep. They lost to Parma in the quarter finals in '95, beating Real Madrid in the previous round.

Odense_Boldklub#1994.E2.80.9395_UEFA_Cup:_The_Miracle_in_Madrid

I seem to recall Flamurtari boasting about games against Barcelona from around the same period, didn't do them any good in the second leg last season!

And yes, I know that Odense aint Flamurtari........!

Taken me a while to read through all the posts.

It was a great trip more so for that last minute goal.

Interesting to read from the Denmarkians (in Joke) how they played poorly. How they ought to beat us more often than not. I hope that the team come to Fir Park with that attitude. It was a nice wee stadium but boy was that not a poor home support. Worse even than us for a European tie. Some papers have stated the attendance as 14,900. It was no more than the 5000 local press stated and 6-700 were Motherwell fans.

They do have some decent players as you would expect but overall I thought we matched them and with a bit more composure up front would have scored more than 1.

Now we go back to Fir Park and unlike the Nancy game we HAVE the vital away goal. That plus a determined team, wily old Manager and hopefully a good crowd will give us the slightest of edges to create what would be a unique and probably not to be repeated history for the club.

We NEED ALL Well fans to get down to this game. With a large and noisy backing we CAN do this and will hopefully have a fairer referee, who might even be slightly swayed by the baying mob. One things for sure if they dive like last Thursday the East stand may have a wee word :whistling:

I am so looking forward to this game. We have done well so far whatever happens, but this could be the best and biggest night in Fir Park in my 40+ years. DO NOT MISS IT :cheers:

Wednesday v v drunk met up with special aka, brazilian,dmsd and postie jim as well as a few others for a excellent day in Ryan`s Thursday rough as!! late goal gives us an edge i think, bit to much divin from odense. Here`s to the group stages and an ongoing european tour.

:whistling: Come on ye well

Anyone know what those shots were? I'm sure one was called "fisk" maybe? Another that was orange and around about 60% was brutal.

I not sure which orange shot is, but we do have one here in Denmark called "Fisk" meaning fish. It's deadly, 'cause you can just keeping drinking 'em, without noticing you're getting drunk.

I also saw some of you lads trying our "Gammel Danish", a special kind of shots, that's very famous. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gammel_Dansk