Odense Vs. Motherwell

LadywellToi

Amy idea if this bus still runs from Billund?

Billund Airport only has one terminal and a limited selection of international flights. Upon arriving at Billund Airport, take the "737 Ekspressbussen" (Express Bus) to "Dannebrogsgade" which is right behind Odense Railway Station. This trip takes approximately 1½ hours, and costs DKK 100.00 (approx. $ 15).

Billund is out in the sticks and u'll find it dificul coming to Aarhus, from where u'll have to catch a train. I'm not aware of any busses directly to Odense from there, but id be surpriced if there was one...

Copenhagen is the safest bet...

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all the information, one thing you can be sure of is that the Motherwell fans who travel will have a great time and there will be no trouble, and that you will have a great welcome in Scotland. It was great fun last night having a drink and a chat with the Alesund fans and just the way it should be.

That's the spirit. After all we go abroad to support our team and have a ball! U'll find that u're given a warm welcome in the Odense centre. Lets have a pint and a laugh before and after the game!

Looking forward to the same reception in Motherwell!

Hello Motherwell-supporters

We are looking forward to seeing you in Odense for an exciting match, and hope it will be two good games, with a lot of travelling fans from both sides.

A little info about Odense. The town itself is a bit spread out, but the city center is quite concentrated. Most of the hotels in Odense are in the city center, so that shouldn't be a problem. A couple of your supporters have already inquired about hotels at our forum. In this tread are a couple of recommendations:

http://ob.dk/forum/thread/418801.aspx

When you are in Odense, the easiest way to get to the stadium is by bus from the central station. Alternatively it's about a 30-minute walk from the city center or train station.

As for troublemakers and such, that is not really our style. Not a lot of hooligans (if any), and if you act respectfully towards the city and its inhabitants, you should be met with friendliness in Odense.

A little about the team:

We have Roy Carroll on goal, who stated that one of the reasons he came to OB was to ressurect his failing career. So far he has done just that, with performances ranging from the solid to the great. He won "The golden cage" for best goal keeper in the league for his first half-season.

Our defence is build around dane A. M. Christensen and norwegian A.R. Haaland. They are very experienced, but not as fast as they used to be. (Which wasn't much to begin with ^_^ ) The backs are young norwegian E. Ruud on right, and experienced dane (and team captain) C. Sørensen on left. Both are good in the offensive aspect as well, with Ruud filling in on the wing in case of injuries.

The midfield is usually comprised of a diamond formation, with former Man. U and A. Villa player Eric Djemba-Djemba in defensive midt. He has been very solid in that position, and has consistently been one of the best midfielders in the league. The wings are usually icelandic R. Gislason on the right, and young dane J. Absalonsen on the left. Both are fast and both have a great workman-like attitude to the game, combined with a good shot.

The attacing midfielder is dane H.H. Andreasen, who is more of a box-to-box workhorse, than a brazilian-style technical midfielder. Has great heading game, though.

The attack is build around nigerian Peter Utaka, younger brother of Portsmouths John Utaka. He is one of the leagues most dangerous strikers, with 42 goals in 78 games for OB. His partner in this season had mostly been targetman Henrik Toft (dk), who unfortunately is injured pt.

With Toft out, the likely partner for Utaka is swedish-gambian Njogu Demba-Nyrén. (Who is c***, but you did not hear that from me. ^_^ )

Our coach, former EC-winner, and captain of the danish national team, Lars Olsen, favors a controlled, physical game with contra play and a lot of wing play.

As for how good we are ranking-wise, I would say that we are not as good as Celtic or Rangers, but we should hope to match any other team in the scottish league. I would rate our chances at 60-40 to OB, depending on whether or not we get our midfield to work as a team in the next couple of matches. (Which has been a problem in this season)

Hope you all found this little primer interesting, and we are looking forward to seeing you in Odense.

Best wishes

An Odense Boldklub fan.

Stadium is here. http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=55.397917&a...r=0&src=msl

Where would a good place be for Motherwell fans to meet up?

Depends how soon u arrive. If u got a few hours to kill any bar in the centre will do. I might even let u guys buy me a pint... ^_^) From the centre u are a 15-20 minute walk away from the ground... And u wont get lost - just follow the rest of us...

Stadium is here. http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=55.397917&a...r=0&src=msl

Where would a good place be for Motherwell fans to meet up?

"Ryans" is an irish pub right in the center of town, which is large and nice.

Other than that I can recommend "Sir Club" on "Nørregade" (Norre street)

or

Restaurant Stadion on Christmas Møllers vej (Christmas Mollers street. Don't worry, it's a pub, not a restaurant) This one is right next to the stadium, and is often frequented by the away supporters. A bit on the small side, though.

Stadium holds 15,000 .... how many tickets will we get ? Looking at the site tonight, and as we venture into far more accessible parts of Scandinavia, it would appear that we could have a decent amount travelling.

As luck would have it, I'm off that week so Aberdeen to Copenhagen looks like my best option.

Stadium holds 15,000 .... how many tickets will we get ? Looking at the site tonight, and as we venture into far more accessible parts of Scandinavia, it would appear that we could have a decent amount travelling.

As luck would have it, I'm off that week so Aberdeen to Copenhagen looks like my best option.

It wont be sold out so u just come as many as u want... ;o)

Bad news big man........... a good few of the EOSMFC are booked on that flight on the Wednesday. If you can make it along I might just let you buy me a drink...must be your turn anyhoo :cheers:

I would book quick though. We were going EDI-LHR-Copenhagen bfore the bl00dy prices doubled in a little over 2 hours :wallbash:

Everyone and everyone's dog seems to be going! No one I have asked has said no yet :cheers: could be quite the turn out... :wallbash:

I reckon we'll take at least 500 maybe even as much as 1000 as it's not too expensive to go to and again it could be our last time in Europe for a while. Mon the Well.

I see roy carroll is there number one GK. More confident now :(

He he, I know where u're coming from but he's actually been outstanding and was voted best scandinavian keeper last year. But yeah, I almost puked when we signed him.... But I stand corrected ;o)

I guess we all loved the draw. Now it's time for business. Looking forward to ur chants and lets get some pints, eh?! :O)

I'm totally unsure of what to do here...

I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but I have NEVER been to a 'Well away game in Europe and me and my mate had agreed we'd make a fucking good effort to go to this leg if we got through the Aalesunds tie.

The main problem for me is (aside from the normal financial ones) since i've booked to go to Oz at Christmas, I've got no holidays left for 2010 at all, not one single day left.

So do I ask for time off unpaid, which is pretty much unheard of in my work, or do I phone in sick for two days and sit in the 'Well end with my Fonejacker balaclava on so no c**t recognises me?

I'm totally unsure of what to do here...

I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but I have NEVER been to a 'Well away game in Europe and me and my mate had agreed we'd make a fucking good effort to go to this leg if we got through the Aalesunds tie.

The main problem for me is (aside from the normal financial ones) since i've booked to go to Oz at Christmas, I've got no holidays left for 2010 at all, not one single day left.

So do I ask for time off unpaid, which is pretty much unheard of in my work, or do I phone in sick for two days and sit in the 'Well end with my Fonejacker balaclava on so no c**t recognises me?

Danish TV just love to air the away team supporters, mate. Just a fair warning....! ;o)

I really appreciate the heads up OSH... :(

I might save my money, and my asking for unpaid leave, for the group stage away games then!! :O:lol:

Regardless, not sure our media will be hugely interested in taking the option up, not when one of the Ugly sisters are also playing in the same comp that night.