Odense Travel Thread

Neil

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea CHL, but perhaps on HERE Think Cloudy has another site.

I've spent the last 5hrs trawling all possible options and the reality is that all the cheap/reasonable deals are gone. It's obvious word is out that an unusually sizeable amount of people want to make return journies to certain parts of Denmark 18/19/20 Aug. :thumbup:

I've even been looking at flying to Malmo, Hamburg and Berlin looking for a deal.

Glasgow - Gatwick - Copenhagen and back again can still be had for about £180 total return on Easyjet. Norwegain also has options for about the same price as Easyjet from Gatwick on the Copenhagen leg.

My Dad and I looked at that Prestwick - Gothenburg return but as you say we can't get back from Odense to Gothenburg on the Thursday night or the Friday Morning for the lunchtime flight. Thought about hiring a car but not likely to be sober enough to drive at 6/7am on the Friday never mind the Thursday night! Now going out on the Prestwick - Gothenburg flight and back from Copenhagen to Gatwick on the Friday night with Easyjet, overnight at Gatwick and back up to Glasgow on the Saturday with BA. Five airports, four countries, three airlines, one game of footbal, must be mad! Staying in the Odense Congress Centre Wed & Thu. Just trying to wokr out how to get from Gothenburg to Odense but a least we only need to do it one way! Looks like airport bus to Gothenburg centre, bus from Gothenburg to Copenhagen and train from Copenhagen to Odense, not booked that yet as still hoping to make the journey a bit quicker/easier someway! Live in hope. Mrs raging as I have just about spent every hour since the draw was made looking at flights, hotels, public transport etc etc. Its all fun, especially if we get a result!

My Dad and I looked at that Prestwick - Gothenburg return but as you say we can't get back from Odense to Gothenburg on the Thursday night or the Friday Morning for the lunchtime flight. Thought about hiring a car but not likely to be sober enough to drive at 6/7am on the Friday never mind the Thursday night! Now going out on the Prestwick - Gothenburg flight and back from Copenhagen to Gatwick on the Friday night with Easyjet, overnight at Gatwick and back up to Glasgow on the Saturday with BA. Five airports, four countries, three airlines, one game of footbal, must be mad! Staying in the Odense Congress Centre Wed & Thu. Just trying to wokr out how to get from Gothenburg to Odense but a least we only need to do it one way! Looks like airport bus to Gothenburg centre, bus from Gothenburg to Copenhagen and train from Copenhagen to Odense, not booked that yet as still hoping to make the journey a bit quicker/easier someway! Live in hope. Mrs raging as I have just about spent every hour since the draw was made looking at flights, hotels, public transport etc etc. Its all fun, especially if we get a result!

I know how you feel mate. Only my Mrs was laughing when I told her couldn't get the route to work out having spent all day on the computer. Don't think I'm going now but try www.bahn.de for trains from Gothenburg to Odense. Good luck!

I know how you feel mate. Only my Mrs was laughing when I told her couldn't get the route to work out having spent all day on the computer. Don't think I'm going now but try www.bahn.de for trains from Gothenburg to Odense. Good luck!

After the price of flights sky rocketted I decided to train it all the way.

Tuesday night sleeper Motherwell to London Euston.

Wednesday morning Eurostar London St Pancras to Brussells.

Wednesday afternoon, Brussells to Cologne.

Wednesday night sleeper Cologne to Odense, arriving in Odense 08.16 Thursday Morning.

Have a great time all day drinking and meeting fellow Well fans :lol: and watching a famous victory.

Booked into City Hotel in the centre of Odense for the Thursday.

Friday morning train to Copenhagen, train to Hamburg then train to Cologne then Brussells.

Eurostar to London and finally, Scotrail sleeper to Motherwell arriving Saturday morning. :lol:

5 countries twice in 3 days :lol: I cannot wait.

Anyone else in the City Hotel or taking any of the trains mentioned?

Wednesday night sleeper Cologne to Odense, arriving in Odense 08.16 Thursday Morning.

Have a great time all day drinking and meeting fellow Well fans :lol: and watching a famous victory.

Friday morning train to Copenhagen, train to Hamburg then train to Cologne then Brussells.

Eurostar to London and finally, Scotrail sleeper to Motherwell arriving Saturday morning. :lol:

5 countries twice in 3 days :lol: I cannot wait.

I'm liking that

if the charter is too much I'm all over that tomorow afternoon

a few questions sleeper gets in back of 6 to Euston

so does that mean the 08:20 eurostar? any recommendations on best ticket to get ? standard or the leisure selct about £15 extra for a meal and extras?

just seen Eurostar ticketed all way London to KOLN return is now £381! and sleeper to London is another £103 and I wouldn't even be in the right country

Think im booked up?! Dodgy Thailand internet connection slowed me down

Plane from Aberdeen to Copenhagen and back - £192

Train from Copenhagen to Odense - £???

3 nights in a shared dorm in Danhostel Odense City for just over £100

Leaving on Tuesday returning (very early!!) Friday

Just hoping Big Pie still going to sort me with a ticket, otherwise thats the next thing to worry about??

Oh aye, also flying solo as nae other GD tagging along, so needing a drinking partner. Offers??

:notworthy:

Have a great time all day drinking and meeting fellow Well fans :notworthy: and watching a famous victory.

Eurostar to London and finally, Scotrail sleeper to Motherwell arriving Saturday morning. :wub:

5 countries twice in 3 days :woop: I cannot wait.

Thats an absoloute belter! How much is that costing ye?

Think im booked up?! Dodgy Thailand internet connection slowed me down

Plane from Aberdeen to Copenhagen and back - £192

Train from Copenhagen to Odense - £???

3 nights in a shared dorm in Danhostel Odense City for just over £100

Leaving on Tuesday returning (very early!!) Friday

Just hoping Big Pie still going to sort me with a ticket, otherwise thats the next thing to worry about??

Oh aye, also flying solo as nae other GD tagging along, so needing a drinking partner. Offers??

:notworthy:

He he, thumbs of for some of the very alternative travelling plans!

I'm pretty sure the game wont be sold out, so ticket wise u are ok. If it's sold out no away supporter will be rejected at the gates after having travelled that long. We'll place u in the commentator boxes if we have to! :woop:

He he, thumbs of for some of the very alternative travelling plans!

I'm pretty sure the game wont be sold out, so ticket wise u are ok. If it's sold out no away supporter will be rejected at the gates after having travelled that long. We'll place u in the commentator boxes if we have to! :nod:

:lol:

i don't forsee any problems with tickets but what's everyone's estimates for our support next week? i thought originally we would be doing well to get 500 but other people i've talked to think it'll be a fair bit more.

hopefully the tickets will be on sale by sunday so everyone can get sorted at the hibs game.

Going via Manchester on the Wednesday 18th to Copenhagen and back Friday on Easyjet. Space for 2 in car to Manchester and back leaving early Wednesday morning from Motherwell to catch the 13.05 flight arrive back in Manchester 17 35 Friday then back up the road, anyone require a lift geeza shout.