Odense Travel Thread

Neil

I don't known whether anybody mentioned it - but to you who are supposed to stay over on the Congress Center. It is almost as far away from the Stadium as you can get. But then again, it is our headquater - so perhaps you will meet a couple of the bosses (Kim Brink and Thomas Christensen). No players are 'staying' at the hotel, only the administration.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't known whether anybody mentioned it - but to you who are supposed to stay over on the Congress Center. It is almost as far away from the Stadium as you can get. But then again, it is our headquater - so perhaps you will meet a couple of the bosses (Kim Brink and Thomas Christensen). No players are 'staying' at the hotel, only the administration.

Thanks for the post... there are so many Motherwell fans coming that the central hotels are either full, or very expensive. :ph34r: Any other tips I'm sure will be welcomed by those who are still looking for somewhere...

I've got a coach sorted. Still got some seats left.

It's £125 all in. That covers everything so all you need to pay for on top of that is the match ticket, grub and beer.

Leaving at approximately 9am on Wednesday 18th at Fir Park. Getting the Channel tunnel (included in price) in the evening to france then a 12 hour drive through Europe for an early arrival in Odense, giving us the full day there.

Coach will be leaving probably around 10:30pm after the game for arrival back in Motherwell Friday evening.

All times are approximate, should be able to confirm them nearer the time.

I'd need £25 to hold a place and the rest by Monday. (I'm going to the game on Sunday so should be able to meet up with folk then).

Phone 07984699567 if you are interested. I know a lot of people have expressed an interest but I'd a definate aye or no now. :thumbup:

Any questions?

Cheers!

Mark

Any locals advise on this hotel Blommenslyst Kro and taxi prices to city centre

I'm nae local, so take what I say with a massive pich of salt, but from the research I've done... local public transport appears to be pretty good, to reduce the need for taxis. You could e-mail that hotel and ask them for more info.

Having said that, from a quick look on Expedia.co.uk, CABINN available on the Weds for £40 - £50 for a single, and First Grand Hotel available for the Thurs, £89 for a twin. They're certainly closer to town, although it's a ball-ache clearly to have to change hotels.

Feel like Thomas Cook here... not sure if that heps you though.

Any locals advise on this hotel Blommenslyst Kro and taxi prices to city centre

Blommenslyst Kro is somewhat far from the city center (prl. 20-25£ in taxis - each way. Don't count on public transport past 11 in the night.) Upside is that its not that far from the stadium.

Booked into the Cabinn City(copenhagen) on the Wednesday night and the Cabinn Odense on the Thursday. Received confirmation of the bookings by way of an Email from the hotels but wasn't asked for card details.

Is that the same with others booked into these hotels?

Thanks

Booked into the Cabinn City(copenhagen) on the Wednesday night and the Cabinn Odense on the Thursday. Received confirmation of the bookings by way of an Email from the hotels but wasn't asked for card details.

Thanks

As fart as I'm aware mate we are in the 2 same hotels for both nights and we are the same - wasn't too sure about how it would work without the credit card reservation

Thanks

We are also in the Cabbin Odense on the Thursday night booked it last week with only an email confirmation no CC details needed.

With regards to that train website, what kind of prices are people getting from Copenhagen to Odense return?

I'm probably choosing the dearest way unintentionally, but i'm coming back with a figure of of 1124 krone, which according to a currency converter via google, is £126 for two people.

Just seems wild, when i heard of people getting £35 return, can anyone help me out here?

We are also in the Cabbin Odense on the Thursday night booked it last week with only an email confirmation no CC details needed.

I booked into Odense Cabinn last friday (day of the draw) and had to pay for the room up front (about £73) - they e-mailed me back a confirmation voucher but I didnt book directly on the Cabinn website, I booked through this site:

http://www.gtahotels.com/

As fart as I'm aware mate we are in the 2 same hotels for both nights and we are the same - wasn't too sure about how it would work without the credit card reservation

OK. Take it your getting the train over on Thursday morn. I've not booked the train as I might see if there's enough of us at the station to get a group ticket that one of the Danish lads talked about earlier in this thread. Seems to be the cheaper option.

OK. Take it your getting the train over on Thursday morn. I've not booked the train as I might see if there's enough of us at the station to get a group ticket that one of the Danish lads talked about earlier in this thread. Seems to be the cheaper option.

4 of us getting the train on Thursday - though we have already booked our tickets just need to sort the return to Copenhagen