Odense Travel Thread

Neil

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

few questions regarding Billund airport to Odense

there are 4 of us arriving on the thursday AM ryanair flight from stanstead, is the train the best option?

how much is it?

is it worth booking in advance to reduce cost?

with the recession, a few of us are shortly to be laid off, so we need to watch the cash.

Is it ok in denmark to bevvie on the streets?

we are coming back on the morning friday flight, so we are not bothering with a hotel.

What time do the bars generally close in Odense?

thanks.

there are 4 of us arriving on the thursday AM ryanair flight from stanstead, is the train the best option?

how much is it?

with the recession, a few of us are shortly to be laid off, so we need to watch the cash.

we are coming back on the morning friday flight, so we are not bothering with a hotel.

thanks.

I don't believe you save anything if you book in advance. The trip Billund - Odense i normally not a place where you can save money.

Since it is a Thursday evening you probably need to go the Australien Bar to find a "bar" where you can stay until 04.00. I guess Ryans are forced to close around midnight. Eventually contact the Irish Bar - Ryans and ask whether they can make special night for you Motherwell supporters. I cannot find a homepage nor an email address, but they should have a Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7031706910).

Don't suppose you've got a link to download the google translate tool directly Stuart? Had a quick search on google, but theres a few options coming up, not sure which one to go for!

Cheers.

I think this is the one I downloaded a while back, living in Denmark it has been a godsend because Danish is not the easist language to guess!!

http://www.google.com/support/toolbar/bin/...mp;answer=81376

Once installed click th etranslte button when on the page you want to see in english

how much is it?

thanks.

Putting in the departure (Billund airport, bus) and destination (Odense st) in here (http://www.rejseplanen.dk/bin/query.exe/en?ml=m&) gives you the options

might be worth booking online as there will be a few looking to get the train at the same time, this should guarentee a seat at least.

Hope this helps

S

I think this is the one I downloaded a while back, living in Denmark it has been a godsend because Danish is not the easist language to guess!!

http://www.google.com/support/toolbar/bin/...mp;answer=81376

Once installed click th etranslte button when on the page you want to see in english

Got it mate, cheers for that. Although the website is saying 'currently unavailable' at the moment when trying to buy the tickets. Maybe routine maintenance or something? :whistling:

4 of us are on the 17.00 from Stansted - Billund on the Wednesday.The airport taxi firm at Billund airport have quoted us £200 for an 8 seater one way to Odense ( staying at the Congress Centre so they'll drop us there ). So we're looking for another 4 definites to share. Even 2 or 3 to keep the cost down.

Let me know if you want to share and we'll sort out the arrangements

If money is tight it could be worth checking out Danhostels. The link below takes you to their hostels in Copenhagen but there are also some around Odense.

http://www.danhostel.dk/content/us/about_d...tels/copenhagen

The one in the actual city told me they'd reserved a room then e-mailled back the next day telling me they didn't have any left- the one outside the city did have some available but was working out dearer than the Congress hotel.

Just of the phone with Jim, the owner of "Ryan's of Odense", the Irish bar over there. He seems keen to look after us in his pub while we're over. Says it will be about £3 a pint in his pub when we're there. He wants to know how many would be up for heading there while we're over. There's a big area downstairs but there is another bar upstairs that could be opened if there are loads of us. Also, he says there is a big square outside the pub that can take a couple of hundred fans. Apparently the Odense fans are likely to come down after the game to join us for a few drinks too. He's a sponsor of OB and he's coming to Motherwell for the return leg!

Here's the Facebook group: Ryan's of Odense

Sounds ideal! Thoughts?

Just of the phone with Jim, the owner of "Ryan's of Odense", the Irish bar over there. He seems keen to look after us in his pub while we're over. Says it will be about £3 a pint in his pub when we're there. He wants to know how many would be up for heading there while we're over. There's a big area downstairs but there is another bar upstairs that could be opened if there are loads of us. Also, he says there is a big square outside the pub that can take a couple of hundred fans. Apparently the Odense fans are likely to come down after the game to join us for a few drinks too. He's a sponsor of OB and he's coming to Motherwell for the return leg!

Sounds ideal! Thoughts?

Sounds good to me. If we can all meet at the same place it will be ideal for the march to the ground. :doh:

I was sold on £3 a pint. :drinks:

I have found a B&B for only £33 for the Thursday night and it is only 5 minutes from the station.

I was booked into the City Hotel but figured as I was not going to be in it much I was wasting £80 when money could be better spent on tasting the local beverages. :O

Sounds good to me. If we can all meet at the same place it will be ideal for the march to the ground. :doh:

I was sold on £3 a pint. :drinks:

I have found a B&B for only £33 for the Thursday night and it is only 5 minutes from the station.

I was booked into the City Hotel but figured as I was not going to be in it much I was wasting £80 when money could be better spent on tasting the local beverages. :O

spill the beans on the B&B

I am just waiting on confirmation cos I filled in the form wrong and they thought I was arriving at 1 in the morning????

This is the e-mail from them, with the address details:

Dear Gordon,

We have made the reservation for the 19th of August. I suppose that you mean that you will arrive at 13.00 and not 1 o’clock ? Please let me know, because if it is 1 at night, we can’t make the reservation, because there we are a sleep.

Best regards

PJENTEHUS

Bed & Breakfast

Pjentedamsgade 14

5000 Odense C

6612 1555

I am just waiting on confirmation cos I filled in the form wrong and they thought I was arriving at 1 in the morning????

Dear Gordon,

We have made the reservation for the 19th of August. I suppose that you mean that you will arrive at 13.00 and not 1 o'clock ? Please let me know, because if it is 1 at night, we can't make the reservation, because there we are a sleep.

Best regards

PJENTEHUS

Bed & Breakfast

Pjentedamsgade 14

5000 Odense C

6612 1555

Brilliant :doh: Taking in Well fans and they think they will be asleep at 1am, oh dear

Sounds ideal! Thoughts?

4 of us arriving in Odense at 3.00 p.m. on the train from Copenhagen. With 5 hours to kill before the game Ryan's sounds like a good bet. You can count us in. See you all about 3.30 p.m. :doh:

http://www.domir.dk/en

still a couple of rooms in our hotel;

I've got a double room booked at the Domir for the Thursday and Friday night but the missus can't get the time off work now. I'm travelling back straight after the game now and will be cancelling the room tonight so if anyone is looking for a double room there will be one coming free shortly.

4 of us are on the 17.00 from Stansted - Billund on the Wednesday.The airport taxi firm at Billund airport have quoted us £200 for an 8 seater one way to Odense ( staying at the Congress Centre so they'll drop us there ). So we're looking for another 4 definites to share. Even 2 or 3 to keep the cost down.

Let me know if you want to share and we'll sort out the arrangements

same flight as you mate. 7 of us together, but we're getting to odense via the train. should work out a but cheaper.

Also, we're staying in the DanHostel Odense, which is 100yards from the train station in Odense. for the 7 of us it worked out £42 each for our 2 nights on the hostel.

Dear Gordon,

We have made the reservation for the 19th of August. I suppose that you mean that you will arrive at 13.00 and not 1 o'clock ? Please let me know, because if it is 1 at night, we can't make the reservation, because there we are a sleep.

Best regards

PJENTEHUS

Bed & Breakfast

Pjentedamsgade 14

5000 Odense C

6612 1555

i just got booked here to better than where i was booked it was 8km away