Odense Travel Thread

Neil

BAA Unite members have voted in favour of Industrial Action. One of the dates that was being touted around this morning was Aug 19th. BAA run Glasgow and Edinburgh airports. They were saying earlier that airports cannot operate without security/firefighters etc. I know the majority will be going over before the day of the match, but (and it is a but!!), if the action takes place next Thursday you can be sure that there will be a knock on effect on the Friday with aircraft out of position etc.

Not trying to scaremonger here just a wee heads up thats all.

DSMIJTM.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BAA Unite members have voted in favour of Industrial Action. One of the dates that was being touted around this morning was Aug 19th. BAA run Glasgow and Edinburgh airports. They were saying earlier that airports cannot operate without security/firefighters etc. I know the majority will be going over before the day of the match, but (and it is a but!!), if the action takes place next Thursday you can be sure that there will be a knock on effect on the Friday with aircraft out of position etc.

Not trying to scaremonger here just a wee heads up thats all.

DSMIJTM.

Even if the strike went ahead, would things not be diverted to Prestwick instead? Not exactly the busiest of airports as it is..

Just got my Kroners ordered!

£200.37 Got me 1750 DKK

All is sorted now, and now it's a waiting game.

Also got my taxi booked from bellshill to buchanan bus station for £15 :thumbup:

I have booked my hotel got my train tickets and got time off work.

I have just realised I don't have any Kroners ordered.

Where can I get them before Tuesday?

As our Danish freind says, we all mostly use a visa debit card for everything. even to buy a loaf...

you can get DK cash out the normal hole in the walls with your UK bank cards, dont think its too dear in charges, Its handy.

When the missus and kids are over she uses her clydesdale card all the time no problems

for a rough exchange rate in the head calculation 100DKK is around £12.50, thats the sums I use anyway

I will buy all your DKK after the game at a good rate :wallbash: lol

For anyone who will be spending some time in Copenhagen, a guy at work recommended a boozer called The Moose. Sounds a bit of a dive to be honest, but it's dirt cheap - approx £1.50 - £2 a pint during happy hour :lol:

The Moose

Cheers mate not that far from our hotel

CAB INN CITY Mitchellsgade 14 1568 Copenhagen

Anybody fancy a beer Wed night ? :wallbash:

Thanks to everybody who gave me advice regarding getting Kroner, I'll try the Cheque Centres in Motherwell and Hamilton tomorrow. If not succesfull, I'll try Glasgow on Monday as I work there anyway.

On another note.

I had an e-mail from Jim, who owns Ryans Bar in Odense in reply to my question of when do you open?..................................

Jim wrote:

"Normaly at 12, but at 11 on match day. lets the lads know that while you lads are in town, pints of Carlsberg or Tuborg only 30Kr. ( a tad over 3 quid) If the lads have sterling (note's only) we'll take it, and we'll beat the banks on exchange rates. Live music on Thursday night, and a great crew working, all the full-timers are Irish and Part-timers are a mix of Danish and Lativian, So mighty crack in store, closeing time, well how much can you take, we've a 24 hour licence, but we'll knock it on the head around 4am. See how it goes. looking forward to having you guys over."

Thanks to everybody who gave me advice regarding getting Kroner, I'll try the Cheque Centres in Motherwell and Hamilton tomorrow. If not succesfull, I'll try Glasgow on Monday as I work there anyway.

None in Glasgow had any in stock and rate is better in the PO for once.