Odense Travel Thread

Neil

Unless you throw the cans/bottles in the face of an officer, then there's no problem. As someone on this forum wrote earlier, Ryan's has a square in front of the pub, where you can sit and drink.

The law says, that you're not allowed to drink in public, but we really have to be a pain to be nicked for that. As long as you keep you head straight, there'll be no problem.

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Would taking a few tins into Hans Christian Andersons house be a no no?

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a little research on Hans Christian Andersen. He wrote a fairy tale called The Fir Tree.

From the wiki article:

Andersen biographer Jackie Wullschlager suggests the tale portrays a certain psychological type (like its author) who cannot be happy in the moment because he expects greater glory just around the corner and then is overwhelmed with regret.
Spooky :rolleyes:

Just checked in for my flight tomorrow and printed off boarding card but it never gave me a option for the return flight to print off the boarding cards. i take it i can just turn up at the airport and show them my eticket thing and my passport or is the checkin machines at copenhagen airport to do it?

Unless you throw the cans/bottles in the face of an officer, then there's no problem. As someone on this forum wrote earlier, Ryan's has a square in front of the pub, where you can sit and drink.

The law says, that you're not allowed to drink in public, but we really have to be a pain to be nicked for that. As long as you keep you head straight, there'll be no problem.

can see a thread getting started ,well fans fight each other as one too many beers turns guys into twats :rolleyes:

Just checked in for my flight tomorrow and printed off boarding card but it never gave me a option for the return flight to print off the boarding cards. i take it i can just turn up at the airport and show them my eticket thing and my passport or is the checkin machines at copenhagen airport to do it?

I have printed both mate I'm going via Ryanair and Easyjet

I have printed both mate I'm going via Ryanair and Easyjet

I am going with cimber air and checked in for going out and printed a pass for both of us but it never gave us a option for printing away pass. i will ask the person tomorrow what happens at the airport if no one knows on here

Thanks. :)

If you mean the turistattraction, HCA's house, then yes that's a no go. It's a cultural place, like a museum. Might I add, it's been years since my last (and only) visit, but I don't think the rules have changed much on that topic.

If you mean the hotel, then there shouldn't be any problem. It's a hotel like so many others, and if they think that you guys won't be drinking in the hotel, then they're in for a treat :-).

I am going with cimber air and checked in for going out and printed a pass for both of us but it never gave us a option for printing away pass. i will ask the person tomorrow what happens at the airport if no one knows on here

Anybody flying back thru CPH airport on Cimber or Norwegian...you check in via the machines at the airport, these will print your boarding pass, no hold baggage thens its straight upstairs thru security and away, if you have hold bagage then you need to check in via the machine print your card and go to fast bag drop.

You will need either the booking reference or scan the barcode on the email you were sent(if any). It will ask to scan your passport as well.

Machines are situated in departure terminals, some machines dont do all the airlines, just look on the screens and see if Cimber or Norwegian is listed.

The train\Metro will take you to T2 and I am sure I have checked in on the machines as you leave the Metro station.

Sounds complicated but its quite easy, just get to the right terminal, Im sure its T2 for the UK

Has anyone managed to locate an Off sales selling cheap drink in Odense, its nearly 2 hrs on the train back to copenhaged :)

Find the following shops for carry outs at any time of the day, if they are open they will sell you beer

Netto, Super Best, 7 -11

basically any place thats open will sell beer.

beware that a lot of places close at 6, and carry out food places will shut around 9ish

Bring a some waterproofs, it has been pishing down here for the last few days, with floods and road closures. The forecast for Odense is for rain on Thursday

Thanks. :)

:lol:

Yes, that would be a no no. U can pretty much drink everywhere in Denmark if u don't disturb the public peace too much, but even here in the drinking man's heaven u can't drink in museums... The HCA house will take up about 45 minutes (tops) of ur time - hope u'll survive! :thumbup:

:drinks:

By the way: The obvious souvenir for u to take home will not be found there but in the sports equipment stores and the official fanshop at the stadium:

http://www.ob.dk/fanshop/torklaeder/fantorklaeder.aspx

14£ ish

:lol:

Yes, that would be a no no. U can pretty much drink everywhere in Denmark if u don't disturb the public peace too much, but even here in the drinking man's heaven u can't drink in museums... The HCA house will take up about 45 minutes (tops) of ur time - hope u'll survive! :thumbup:

:)

By the way: The obvious souvenir for u to take home will not be found there but in the sports equipment stores and the official fanshop at the stadium:

http://www.ob.dk/fanshop/torklaeder/fantorklaeder.aspx

14£ ish

That says 120 US dollars :mellow:

A bit out of my budget I'm afraid :lol: .

Anyway I'm setting off for the airport. I have a long wait in Gatwick so I will not be in Copenhagen until 2020. A long day but I will be pissed by the time I arrive.

Anyway bring on the danish women....... :drinks::lol: