Odense Travel Thread

Neil

Firstly want to see us score an away in goal in Europe, (Katowice, Dortmund, Nancy all drew a blank, and Utrecht doesn't count as that was a friendly and an OG at that).

I'd like to think we can get a decent result, a score draw perhaps. And you ?

I don't know that much about scottish football, when it comes to clubs outside glasgow. But at our own forum ppl think it's 90/10 in our favour - i think we'll pass, but i don't think it'll be with a 3 or 4 goals margin. This season we prob. have the strongest team in many years, but we havn't seen it work as a team yet : )

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know that much about scottish football, when it comes to clubs outside glasgow. But at our own forum ppl think it's 90/10 in our favour - i think we'll pass, but i don't think it'll be with a 3 or 4 goals margin. This season we prob. have the strongest team in many years, but we havn't seen it work as a team yet : )

No need to exaggerate - most people believes in a close game, perhaps 60/40. Besides after watching most of the game Motherwell - Hibs, I would say it is going to be interesting. Our strengths looks like your weaknesses and visa versa. I believe in 3-1 in Odense, and then Motherwell 'only' needs a 2 goals victory at home.

Leave at 6pm, google maps says 36 mins walk = more drinking time... :whistling:

Also I have been to Brondby's ground here and they serve beer during the game, proper stuff Im sure, going by the fact my legs would not work at full time, not like in Nancy where it was yon alcohol free shit.

maybe one of our Danish friends will confirm the beer availability in the ground??

I can confirm for them that there will be NO beer available during the game in Scotland, so be prepared....

Jim from Ryans Bar just phoned me. :thumbup:

He's really pushing the boat out for us Well fans.

The price of a pint will be 30DKK (usually 46DKK), and he will have the downstairs bar and the area in front of the bar open.

The weather forecast is: Cloudy with the odd shower and 22 degrees.

If it does rain or there are loads of us he will open the bar upstairs.

I told him we will be arriving at different times and from different directions about Wednesday afternoon onwards.

He says the people over there will love the march to the stadium and the kilts. :lol:

Jim from Ryans Bar just phoned me. :thumbup:

He's really pushing the boat out for us Well fans.

The price of a pint will be 30DKK (usually 46DKK), and he will have the downstairs bar and the area in front of the bar open.

The weather forecast is: Cloudy with the odd shower and 22 degrees.

If it does rain or there are loads of us he will open the bar upstairs.

I told him we will be arriving at different times and from different directions about Wednesday afternoon onwards.

He says the people over there will love the march to the stadium and the kilts. :thumbup:

This Jim sounds a great guy, (and knows how to sell beer in quantity :nod: £3.50 rather than £5.40 :lol::doh: ). You got an address for Ryans Bar ?

Greetings all Steelmen,

Another Odense-fan here, just wanted to wish you all a nice trip to Denmark. As I read this long travel thread I saw, that some of you guys will be staying in Copenhagen Wednesday night and then travel to Odense early in the morning come Thursday. As I now live in Copenhagen I'll be on a train Thursday morning heading to Odense.

If any of you guys wishes to meet up and go on the train together, please let me know. Either in this thread or in a PM. I'll also be going to the return match.

Besides from that, for the fans arriving in Odense on Thusday and Wednesday. The best place I can recommend is Ryan's, which a lot of you have allready read and heard about. I know the owner, Jim, and he's a good lad, so is the staff, which is partly British, partly Eastern Europeen, for some reason.

Otherwise, you should check out a place called Heidi's Bier Bar (the name says it all). It's about a 10 minute walk away from Ryan's but still in the center of town. Good beer, and plenty of them.

I look forward to meeting up with you guys at Ryan's.

Cheers.

Just changed hotel to the cabinn as it is alot closer. though when i looked at the google map at the last hotel it was not to bad as was only about 20 mins away or something like that but that was driving clicked on walking and it takes about 2 hours to get to the ground. not going to cancel the other hotel at the moment just incase i get a email back saying that it is full but if i dont will get a email by wednesday morning before i leave i will cancel the other one.