Odense Travel Thread

Neil

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings all Steelmen,

Another Odense-fan here, just wanted to wish you all a nice trip to Denmark. As I read this long travel thread I saw, that some of you guys will be staying in Copenhagen Wednesday night and then travel to Odense early in the morning come Thursday. As I now live in Copenhagen I'll be on a train Thursday morning heading to Odense.

If any of you guys wishes to meet up and go on the train together, please let me know. Either in this thread or in a PM. I'll also be going to the return match.

Besides from that, for the fans arriving in Odense on Thusday and Wednesday. The best place I can recommend is Ryan's, which a lot of you have allready read and heard about. I know the owner, Jim, and he's a good lad, so is the staff, which is partly British, partly Eastern Europeen, for some reason.

Otherwise, you should check out a place called Heidi's Bier Bar (the name says it all). It's about a 10 minute walk away from Ryan's but still in the center of town. Good beer, and plenty of them.

I look forward to meeting up with you guys at Ryan's.

Cheers.

Hi Niels,

we will be arriving in Copenhagen at about 11.30 on Wednesday night and will be looking for late night bar for quite a few beers. Any recommendations?

Hi Niels,

we will be arriving in Copenhagen at about 11.30 on Wednesday night and will be looking for late night bar for quite a few beers. Any recommendations?

Hi SuperCC,

Fortunately, Copenhagen is a much more lively place than Odense. If you get of at Copenhagen Central Station, there'e a sportsbar right in there called O'Leary. The prices aren't to cheap, but it's a quite good place to have a few cold ones after a long travel.

Or you can go to a place called Rosie McGee's (http://www.rosiemcgee.dk/), about 10 minutes from the Central Station. The weather doesn't look that good Wednesday night, but if you're more than two on the trip, just jump in a cab and ask to go to Rosie's. It won't take more than a couple of minutes and cost a maximum of 100 kroner = £11 (if the cabbie is really filthy).

But I think the best place for you guys is The Scottish Pub (http://www.aok.dk/natteliv/scottish-pub) at the main square in center of town, also about 10 minutes from the Central Station, just a couple of minutes walk from Rosie's. I've only been there a few times, and I've been absolutely smashed everytime, so I can't say that much about it. But I remember wanting to go there again.

If you need more than that, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers.

Almost every shop in Denmark sells alcohol. If you've got a hotel room for Wednesday night, go to the local shop and bye a couple of six-packs.

Sounds like my sort of country :mad: , a couple of six packs for Wednesday night in the hotel? are you sure your not a Scot, Niels? :D

what are the local laws on drinking alcohol in the street/public place? e.g outside the pub or the tre-for

Good question. Anyone?

Unless you throw the cans/bottles in the face of an officer, then there's no problem. As someone on this forum wrote earlier, Ryan's has a square in front of the pub, where you can sit and drink.

The law says, that you're not allowed to drink in public, but we really have to be a pain to be nicked for that. As long as you keep you head straight, there'll be no problem.

Sounds like my sort of country :cheers: , a couple of six packs for Wednesday night in the hotel? are you sure your not a Scot, Niels? :)

what are the local laws on drinking alcohol in the street/public place? e.g outside the pub or the tre-for

I don't think I'm that scottish, eventhough I'm often mistaken for one. Why - I have no idea. Might be 'cause of my drinkinghabbits :rolleyes: .

Why do you think, we are looking forward to having you guys over for a few nights of drinking :drinks: ?