Odense Travel Thread

Neil

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could a friendly Dane give us a bit of advice on the trains from Copenhagen airport to Odense...

(1) Is there any benefit (price, seat reservation...) in reserving a ticket online in advance? Or is it just the same deal if you arrive and buy a ticket immediately before travelling?

(2) what happens if you book a specific train, but the incoming flight is late and you need to get a later one?

(3) There seem to be different classes of train (InterCity etc). Any major advantage / cost difference in the different types?

The Danish railway website is good, but when you go to book it's all in Danish, and mine's a bit limited.

Tak!

Could a friendly Dane give us a bit of advice on the trains from Copenhagen airport to Odense...

(1) Is there any benefit (price, seat reservation...) in reserving a ticket online in advance? Or is it just the same deal if you arrive and buy a ticket immediately before travelling?

(2) what happens if you book a specific train, but the incoming flight is late and you need to get a later one?

(3) There seem to be different classes of train (InterCity etc). Any major advantage / cost difference in the different types?

The Danish railway website is good, but when you go to book it's all in Danish, and mine's a bit limited.

Tak!

Check my earlier post on clip cards... ^_^)

Aye same flight as you mate. If we could find out how many of us are on this plane we could get a minibus sorted out to make it a bit easier/cheaper to get to Odense.

Right found a bus/train route.

Airport bus to Kolding then the train to Odense a journey time of 2 hours I think lol.

Put Billund airport to Odense in this website and try and understand it to confirm lol.

http://www.rejseplanen.dk/

dep11:05Billund Lufthavn / Billund Airport (bus) 19.08.102:06 1 Bus 406 walk IC 828arr13:11Odense st 19.08.1011.05 Billund airport bus number 406 to Kolding walk to the train station and catch the ic 828 train to odense arrive 13.03dep11:05Billund Lufthavn / Billund Airport (bus) 19.08.102:06 1 Bus 406 walk IC 828arr13:11Odense st 19.08.10

Right found a bus/train route.

Airport bus to Kolding then the train to Odense a journey time of 2 hours I think lol.

Put Billund airport to Odense in this website and try and understand it to confirm lol.

http://www.rejseplanen.dk/

Looks like there is a train every 15 minutes or so from there to Odense so that looks the best bet at the moment!

had a look at most of the hotels that come up from a google search/expedia earlier and there aint an awful lot on offer for less than 100 quid a night (double room). might have to look outside the town centre me thinks. That cabin inn looked a good deal for 43 quid a night but no availability on the thurs now :wallbash:

It had a pound sign when I looked :wallbash: honest Guv

Too much whiskey................

The CabInn is the place to be. Fairly cheap and functional and gets a decent write up on Trip Advisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-...al_Islands.html

Just read above post - no availability :cheers:

Must be hunners of Well fans bunking down. GAME ON.

had a look at most of the hotels that come up from a google search/expedia earlier and there aint an awful lot on offer for less than 100 quid a night (double room). might have to look outside the town centre me thinks. That cabin inn looked a good deal for 43 quid a night but no availability on the thurs now :(

Prices are beginning to spiral out of control a bit now......................

Due to other commitments, if I'm to go it'll have to be the morning of the game then back on the Friday at somepoint. Anyone else in the same situation?

I have found flights from Manchester to Copehagen on the Thursday morning, then back Friday lunchtime.

Does anyone know if you have to book your train from Copehagen to Odense in advance?

Probably be doing this myself unless anyone else is under the same restrictions.

I fear the charter (if there is one) would be leaving on the Wednesday morning which is nae use to me.

Would be good to tag a lift home on it though!!