Odense Travel Thread

Neil

After much debate with the trouble and strife, myself and my daughter are going.

I was thinking Scotrail sleeper (Iwork with Scotrail so this is free) to Euston on the Tuesday night, flight from Stansted Wednesday afternoon to Billund, then train / bus to Odense.

Price for flights £250 return all in???

Cannot get cheap digs though for Wednesday and Thursday, Everything seems sold out, including Bed and Breakfasts. :unsure:

Alternatively, I could get the sleeper to London then Eurostar to Brussels, Brussels to Cologne then the sleeper to Odense arriving about 08.30 the morning of the game.

Thursday night in Odense then the sleeper to Cologne on Friday night arriving back in Motherwell 18.30 ish on the Saturday.

Just need a room on the night of the game. :thumbup:

Anybody know of cheapish accommodation?

I wouldn't normally bother that much for one night but I am taking my wee lassie.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After much debate with the trouble and strife, myself and my daughter are going.

I was thinking Scotrail sleeper (Iwork with Scotrail so this is free) to Euston on the Tuesday night, flight from Stansted Wednesday afternoon to Billund, then train / bus to Odense.

Cannot get cheap digs though for Wednesday and Thursday, Everything seems sold out, including Bed and Breakfasts. :unsure:

Alternatively, I could get the sleeper to London then Eurostar to Brussels, Brussels to Cologne then the sleeper to Odense arriving about 08.30 the morning of the game.

Thursday night in Odense then the sleeper to Cologne on Friday night arriving back in Motherwell 18.30 ish on the Saturday.

I wouldn't normally bother that much for one night but I am taking my wee lassie.

If price is ur priority try and google:

vandrehjem i odense

These should be ur cheapest choices. Most of them are not dead center but within 5 miles which costs about 12£ in a taxi. In general: Zip code "5000 Odense" is the centre and the higher u get from 5000 u probably get further away from the center...

Happy hunting!

For reasonably priced accommodation (£70 / night), try this: http://www.occ.dk/en/hotel_2052.aspx

Maybe not what you'd call cheap, but it's still available. Seems to be a few Well fans already booked in there. It's a couple of miles away from the city centre, but apparently there are a few local bus options for a couple of quid (20 mins), and a taxi is about £12 if necessary.

Thanks, I am going to book the congress centre.

Anybody else booked into it?

aye. there's 5 of us booked into the congress, sounds like there could be a good well contingent :thumbup:

it looks no bad, definitely a step up from mister beds in nancy and reyjkavik backpackers 8 person dorm.

aye. there's 5 of us booked into the congress, sounds like there could be a good well contingent :unsure:

it looks no bad, definitely a step up from mister beds in nancy and reyjkavik backpackers 8 person dorm.

OCC is an ok place to stay! And OB owns the centre so u are supporting our club! :thumbup:

A little trick since loads of u guys are booked there: get the centre to order minivan taxies. U can be 9 guys in a big taxi and only 4 in an ordinary one. 9 guys in a taxi actually beats the price of public transportation if u're going to the centre or the stadium..

Mega Bus from Glasgow to London - £22 Return 04:15 wednesday morning, arrive at 14:00

Flights Stanstead to Billund - £77 Return Leaving at 17:00 arrive at 19:30

Bus Billund to Odense -£30 return running all night, most likely get the 20:58 bus

Digs looking like £75 for two nights per person for us ;)

Cant wait for this!!

just waiting on the thing for the car that i am hiring to come through and we are good to go.

one quick question. this is the first time i am using eticket. will i get a return ticket at te airport or will i have to print off 2 copies and give they guy at copenhagen airport a copy as well? i know it may sound stupid but as i say it is the first time using this.

Mega Bus from Glasgow to London - £22 Return 04:15 wednesday morning, arrive at 14:00

Flights Stanstead to Billund - £77 Return Leaving at 17:00 arrive at 19:30

Bus Billund to Odense -£30 return running all night, most likely get the 20:58 bus

Digs looking like £75 for two nights per person for us ;)

Cant wait for this!!

Here man, watch your times with the bus, how you getting from Victoria to Stansted?

Train takes about an hour, that's not including crossing London etc and mind you gotta be there an hour before!

Here man, watch your times with the bus, how you getting from Victoria to Stansted?

Train takes about an hour, that's not including crossing London etc and mind you gotta be there an hour before!

It should only take 20 minutes-ish on the tube to get from Victoria to Liverpool Street for the Stansted Express. Change at Oxford Circus onto the Central line for Liverpool St

just waiting on the thing for the car that i am hiring to come through and we are good to go.

one quick question. this is the first time i am using eticket. will i get a return ticket at te airport or will i have to print off 2 copies and give they guy at copenhagen airport a copy as well? i know it may sound stupid but as i say it is the first time using this.

when you check in online before you go you'll be given the option to do it for the return flight as well. so choose that then when you print it off you'll get a seperate page with a bar code on it for each flight.

online check in is the baws. it maximises your time in the airport bar.

when you check in online before you go you'll be given the option to do it for the return flight as well. so choose that then when you print it off you'll get a seperate page with a bar code on it for each flight.

online check in is the baws. it maximises your time in the airport bar.

cheers was just wondering. will do it when i leave at 9 in the morning to head to newcastle.

I'm trying to arrange transport from Billund 10.50 flight arrival from Stanstead Thursday and return for the 18.50 flight on Friday. already been quoted £180 for an 8 person taxi one way. ;)

I know of a bus and train route but thought it might have been easier getting a taxi/minibus.

Flights glasgow to london 25 quid.

london to arhus 75 quid return

arhus to odnese train 66 return

stayin in the first hotel grand!

Bet you'll be glad no to be sleeping rough this Thursday mate!

I'm trying to arrange transport from Billund 10.50 flight arrival from Stanstead Thursday and return for the 18.50 flight on Friday. already been quoted £180 for an 8 person taxi one way. ;)

I know of a bus and train route but thought it might have been easier getting a taxi/minibus.

i cant find train times from billund do you know what they are ???

can fly from london to Copenhagen for £87 return

anyone know what ticket prices are yet ??

i cant find train times from billund do you know what they are ???

Its a bus to Kolding then a train to odense st

See details here http://www.rejseplanen.dk/bin/query.exe/en...=m&OK#focus

We are on these flights with an Wednesday overnight stay at the hilton stanstead.

GOING OUT

From London-Stansted (STN) to Billund (BLL)

Thu, 19Aug10 Flight FR5172 Depart STN at 07:55 and arrive BLL at 10:25

COMING BACK

From Billund (BLL) to London-Stansted (STN)

Fri, 20Aug10 Flight FR5179 Depart BLL at 18:50 and arrive STN at 19:20