Looking Forward To August 19th!

OdenseSaysHello

It's brilliant to see how much u guys ar looking forward to the game and how many of u are coming over. I promise u a gr8 party in good spirit - let's have "a few pints" and make the warmup and the game loud and fun!

In Odense (or just OB) we as urself are happy with the draw. Last time we met a team from Scotland we saw off hibs over two matches. Off course I hope for a repeat, but let's see. Should be a tight tie!

I see some of u guys are asking for cheap accomodation. Try and google:

vandrehjem i odense

These places are defo NOT luxury but it'll be ur cheapest choice. Most of them are not dead centre of the city but within 5 miles of it.

Happy hunting. See ya all in 11 days!

Cheers

Welcome to the boards.

Any information as to the dangermen in the OB side? How is the goalie Carroll shaping up?

Hope the game is a cracker...with a Well win of course. :doh:

Watch out for Peter Utaka if he's still around. He's by far the best striker in scandinavia, but there are a few english clubs after him... :evilgrin:

Otherwise we have a solid crew who are all capaple of getting goals. The player u probably know best is Djemba Djemba, who's just returned from a long injury keeping him out for most of the year. He's been solid when fit.

When I learned that we signed Carrol I threw up a little in my mouth... :cheers: But I must say, that he's surpriced me and was voted keeper of the year in the danish league last season. He's been very good in Odense!

Otherwise I think that we might have an advantage in the fact that we allmost every year play in europe. Recently we've knocked out Herta Berlin and Scotish Hibs to reach the group stage. But overall our greatest moment was when we knocked out Real Madrid (with Michael Laudrup in the squad) over two games reaching the quaters... Oh happy days when we beat them 2-0 at Bernabeu... Thinking about it still makes me a little hung over....! :O

I predict two tight games and us being slim favorites.

Welcome to the boards.

Any information as to the dangermen in the OB side? How is the goalie Carroll shaping up?

Hope the game is a cracker...with a Well win of course. :whistling:

I posted this in another tread, but here it is again, for your pleasure:

Hello Motherwell-supporters

We are looking forward to seeing you in Odense for an exciting match, and hope it will be two good games, with a lot of travelling fans from both sides.

A little info about Odense. The town itself is a bit spread out, but the city center is quite concentrated. Most of the hotels in Odense are in the city center, so that shouldn't be a problem. A couple of your supporters have already inquired about hotels at our forum. In this tread are a couple of recommendations:

http://ob.dk/forum/thread/418801.aspx

When you are in Odense, the easiest way to get to the stadium is by bus from the central station. Alternatively it's about a 30-minute walk from the city center or train station.

As for troublemakers and such, that is not really our style. Not a lot of hooligans (if any), and if you act respectfully towards the city and its inhabitants, you should be met with friendliness in Odense.

A little about the team:

We have Roy Carroll on goal, who stated that one of the reasons he came to OB was to ressurect his failing career. So far he has done just that, with performances ranging from the solid to the great. He won "The golden cage" for best goal keeper in the league for his first half-season.

Our defence is build around dane A. M. Christensen and norwegian A.R. Haaland. They are very experienced, but not as fast as they used to be. (Which wasn't much to begin with :whistling: ) The backs are young norwegian E. Ruud on right, and experienced dane (and team captain) C. Sørensen on left. Both are good in the offensive aspect as well, with Ruud filling in on the wing in case of injuries.

The midfield is usually comprised of a diamond formation, with former Man. U and A. Villa player Eric Djemba-Djemba in defensive midt. He has been very solid in that position, and has consistently been one of the best midfielders in the league. The wings are usually icelandic R. Gislason on the right, and young dane J. Absalonsen on the left. Both are fast and both have a great workman-like attitude to the game, combined with a good shot.

The attacing midfielder is dane H.H. Andreasen, who is more of a box-to-box workhorse, than a brazilian-style technical midfielder. Has great heading game, though.

The attack is build around nigerian Peter Utaka, younger brother of Portsmouths John Utaka. He is one of the leagues most dangerous strikers, with 42 goals in 78 games for OB. His partner in this season had mostly been targetman Henrik Toft (dk), who unfortunately is injured pt.

With Toft out, the likely partner for Utaka is swedish-gambian Njogu Demba-Nyrén. (Who is c***, but you did not hear that from me. :lol: )

Our coach, former EC-winner, and captain of the danish national team, Lars Olsen, favors a controlled, physical game with contra play and a lot of wing play.

As for how good we are ranking-wise, I would say that we are not as good as Celtic or Rangers, but we should hope to match any other team in the scottish league. I would rate our chances at 60-40 to OB, depending on whether or not we get our midfield to work as a team in the next couple of matches. (Which has been a problem in this season)

Hope you all found this little primer interesting, and we are looking forward to seeing you in Odense.

Best wishes

I posted this in another tread, but here it is again, for your pleasure:

Hello Motherwell-supporters

We are looking forward to seeing you in Odense for an exciting match, and hope it will be two good games, with a lot of travelling fans from both sides.

A little info about Odense. The town itself is a bit spread out, but the city center is quite concentrated. Most of the hotels in Odense are in the city center, so that shouldn't be a problem. A couple of your supporters have already inquired about hotels at our forum. In this tread are a couple of recommendations:

http://ob.dk/forum/thread/418801.aspx

When you are in Odense, the easiest way to get to the stadium is by bus from the central station. Alternatively it's about a 30-minute walk from the city center or train station.

As for troublemakers and such, that is not really our style. Not a lot of hooligans (if any), and if you act respectfully towards the city and its inhabitants, you should be met with friendliness in Odense.

A little about the team:

We have Roy Carroll on goal, who stated that one of the reasons he came to OB was to ressurect his failing career. So far he has done just that, with performances ranging from the solid to the great. He won "The golden cage" for best goal keeper in the league for his first half-season.

Our defence is build around dane A. M. Christensen and norwegian A.R. Haaland. They are very experienced, but not as fast as they used to be. (Which wasn't much to begin with :whistling: ) The backs are young norwegian E. Ruud on right, and experienced dane (and team captain) C. Sørensen on left. Both are good in the offensive aspect as well, with Ruud filling in on the wing in case of injuries.

The midfield is usually comprised of a diamond formation, with former Man. U and A. Villa player Eric Djemba-Djemba in defensive midt. He has been very solid in that position, and has consistently been one of the best midfielders in the league. The wings are usually icelandic R. Gislason on the right, and young dane J. Absalonsen on the left. Both are fast and both have a great workman-like attitude to the game, combined with a good shot.

The attacing midfielder is dane H.H. Andreasen, who is more of a box-to-box workhorse, than a brazilian-style technical midfielder. Has great heading game, though.

The attack is build around nigerian Peter Utaka, younger brother of Portsmouths John Utaka. He is one of the leagues most dangerous strikers, with 42 goals in 78 games for OB. His partner in this season had mostly been targetman Henrik Toft (dk), who unfortunately is injured pt.

With Toft out, the likely partner for Utaka is swedish-gambian Njogu Demba-Nyrén. (Who is c***, but you did not hear that from me. :whistling: )

Our coach, former EC-winner, and captain of the danish national team, Lars Olsen, favors a controlled, physical game with contra play and a lot of wing play.

As for how good we are ranking-wise, I would say that we are not as good as Celtic or Rangers, but we should hope to match any other team in the scottish league. I would rate our chances at 60-40 to OB, depending on whether or not we get our midfield to work as a team in the next couple of matches. (Which has been a problem in this season)

Hope you all found this little primer interesting, and we are looking forward to seeing you in Odense.

Best wishes

Ha ha, u can hear it from me. Demba-Nyren is a big c**t 99 out of a 100 games! The 1 game in a 100 I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the world.... So much talent, such a lazy attitude that makes u wanna punch him - HARD!

When I learned that we signed Carrol I threw up a little in my mouth... :cheers:

:lol: . Good expression. Motherwells experience this season against Scandinavian teams has been really positive. Obviously as a Well fan I hope that continues both with the friendship between the fans and a Well victory at the end.

Can I ask, what was the score with Hibs, home and away, when you played them, and what year was that? I don't remember it. We play Hibs a week on Sunday for the opening game of our season.

Ha ha, u can hear it from me. Demba-Nyren is a big c**t 99 out of a 100 games! The 1 game in a 100 I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the world.... So much talent, such a lazy attitude that makes u wanna punch him - HARD!

Could apply that statement to so many players........

:cheers: . Good expression. Motherwells experience this season against Scandinavian teams has been really positive. Obviously as a Well fan I hope that continues both with the friendship between the fans and a Well victory at the end.

Can I ask, what was the score with Hibs, home and away, when you played them, and what year was that? I don't remember it. We play Hibs a week on Sunday for the opening game of our season.

The icelandic team doesn't measure up to Aalesund. Aalesund is also a step down compared to us but it was a nice comeback at home for u guys.

Regarding the Hibs games we won 1-0 at home in the first one and lost 2-1 in Scotland going on on away goals. As far as I recall we led 1-0 till late in the game in Scotland... It was in 2006 - the year we knocked out Herta Berlin to enter the group stage only to miss out with one point after 2 late goals by Parma in the last game.

Obviously u support the Well as well as I support OB in the upcoming games. But I respect scotish football. It's honest, to the point and u fight till the end trying to play positive. Thumbs up!

Could apply that statement to so many players........

Yes we could. But to me its frustrating that these very privileged young guys don't appreciate what they have and work as hard as possible for their team mates, the fans and their club!

By the way. For the nerds u can check OBs performances in the past via this link:

http://www.ob.dk/info/historie_12378/ob-i-europa.aspx

The icelandic team doesn't measure up to Aalesund. Aalesund is also a step down compared to us but it was a nice comeback at home for u guys.

Regarding the Hibs games we won 1-0 at home in the first one and lost 2-1 in Scotland going on on away goals. As far as I recall we led 1-0 till late in the game in Scotland... It was in 2006 - the year we knocked out Herta Berlin to enter the group stage only to miss out with one point after 2 late goals by Parma in the last game.

Obviously u support the Well as well as I support OB in the upcoming games. But I respect scotish football. It's honest, to the point and u fight till the end trying to play positive. Thumbs up!

Cheers. I would say that Hibs and Motherwell are very similar in ability so it should be a tight game. Motherwell will have to be at their very best to go through.

Cheers. I would say that Hibs and Motherwell are very similar in ability so it should be a tight game. Motherwell will have to be at their very best to go through.

No question about that we are in better shape than in 2006. We've been runners up the last two years after FC Copenhagen leading at the interval both years only to get caught in the end. :notworthy:

But as u say, both teams need to perform to get thru - have to be a couple of exciting games!

Is there a square in the city centre we can meet up and drink at in Odense similar to Stanislas Place in Nancy?

Odense is just under half the size of Glasgow so it's fairly small. The inner city has a few pedestrian streets where there are lots of out door serving and life in general. It's a 5 minute walk from the rail station. Gather up there and we'll come and say hello!

By the way. What's up with calling Glasgow Nancy? I've seen it from loads of posts and find it pretty funny! Is it because u find the city and their fans wusses, girlies, quirs or...?

We played Nancy of france in the uefa cup 2 years a go and we took about 3000 fans to it. Most motherwell fans meet at the square in the centre of the town.

Ah, thought it was a reference to Glasgow...

I've actually been to Nancy and their square is a bit more central. Much like Copenhagen, actually. In Odense it's more pedestrian streets with the good life flowing around. U won't doubt where u're supposed to be, when u get there. Hopefully the weather will keep up, so we can have a few in the sun before the match...

I am sure i read somewhere there is a bigish park about 15 mins walk from the stadium.

There are loads of big green areas in Odense. U'll find that the home of Hans Christian Andersen is a fine visit. The area around the ground is called Aadalen and is very nice nature wise. But hell, this isn't Discovery Channel. Stick to the innner city as long as u can,, and we'll walk u to the ground! :notworthy:

Star Sail,

From a post I made on the Odense vs. Motherwell thread:

"Anyway, the recent showing in European competition is pretty decent:

In 2006 Europa Cup they met Llanelli and beat them 6-1 on aggregate. The did this after progressing via the Intertoto Cup and playing "Diet Celtic" and winning on away goals: Odense vs. Hibs match report

In July 2008 they played Aston Villa in the third round of the Intertoto Cup. OB managed a 2–2 home draw on the 19th but a 1–0 away defeat on the 26th, so missed out 2–3 on aggregate to Aston Villa.

OB played Genoa in the UEFA Europa League. First game at Stadio Luigi Ferraris resulted in a 3–1 defeat and the home game gave a 1–1 draw.

I think most Motherwell fans would be happy with results of that nature from top teams in two of European footballs top leagues. We are the underdogs in this tie however I reckon they are at the same level as Rangers or Celtic. Its well within us to raise our game at supposedly better opposition (i.e. 2 games vs. Rangers in 2010, we'd have won on aggregate.)"

Star Sail,

From a post I made on the Odense vs. Motherwell thread:

"Anyway, the recent showing in European competition is pretty decent:

In 2006 Europa Cup they met Llanelli and beat them 6-1 on aggregate. The did this after progressing via the Intertoto Cup and playing "Diet Celtic" and winning on away goals: Odense vs. Hibs match report

In July 2008 they played Aston Villa in the third round of the Intertoto Cup. OB managed a 2–2 home draw on the 19th but a 1–0 away defeat on the 26th, so missed out 2–3 on aggregate to Aston Villa.

OB played Genoa in the UEFA Europa League. First game at Stadio Luigi Ferraris resulted in a 3–1 defeat and the home game gave a 1–1 draw.

I think most Motherwell fans would be happy with results of that nature from top teams in two of European footballs top leagues. We are the underdogs in this tie however I reckon they are at the same level as Rangers or Celtic. Its well within us to raise our game at supposedly better opposition (i.e. 2 games vs. Rangers in 2010, we'd have won on aggregate.)"

Don't get me started on the Aston Villa tie. We were robbed big time both at home and in Birmingham. 4 (FOUR) disallowed goals - two of them completely nonsens...

But u are right, we've had a decent european run the latter years. However, I see this tie as being pretty much even. Maybe with a slight advantage to us. Let's say 60/40 in our favour, but u have the home advantage in the last game, which must count for something....

Anyways. Hoping for victory, whishing for good times!

Don't get me started on the Aston Villa tie. We were robbed big time both at home and in Birmingham. 4 (FOUR) disallowed goals - two of them completely nonsens...

But u are right, we've had a decent european run the latter years. However, I see this tie as being pretty much even. Maybe with a slight advantage to us. Let's say 60/40 in our favour, but u have the home advantage in the last game, which must count for something....

Anyways. Hoping for victory, whishing for good times!

If u wanna see what we're all about, u can catch our game against FC Copenhagen at 17.00 ur time. We've been runner's up to FCK the last two years, so this game is very important... Channels to be announced at 12.00.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=...amp;part=sports

I'm off to the game now. Stripes 4ever!