Motherwell Vs Motherwell

Guest 'Flow

Guest 'Flow

In a unique set-up, the Motherwell first-team will take on a team of Reserves, Under 19’s and Trialists this coming Monday at Fir Park.

Motherwell fans are welcome to come along and watch; the Phil O’Donnell Stand will be open with prices set at £2 for adults and £1 for Under 16’s.

Kick-off is at 7pm (Turnstiles will open at 6pm)

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?op...&Itemid=133

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember they used to do this years and years ago at Fir Park. Was always a pre-season favourite of mine to go to.

Might take a wee trip down tomorrow night aswell.

I remember my dad taking me to the likes decades ago. 2 quid isn't to bad to watch the first team play anybody, def be going.

The club should have organised another open day, were they not successful money wise?? Then followed it later on by this type of game, I'm sure it would have been a finnancial success with Strip/Merchindise sales then fans paying to get in to watch the game. Would have brought about a decent attendance.

Hopefully the POD will be quite full. Looking forward to it.

One guy goes off. One guy comes on.

Usual script really.

Aye good

But surely we would expect first team fringe players to be in the reserve team, so who would be on the benches for each side? Youth players maybe.

There will probably be under 19s as subs for both sides tonight.

I also mind being at a 'firsts v reserves' a number of years ago, think the pre-season after the cup win in 1991 was the last time it happened before tonight.

We won't see Craigan, Murphy or Charalambous though, due to international commitments, so maybe a chance for Hutchinson, Page and McHugh to stake a claim.

As regards any potential trialists, let's hope its ones WE are looking to sign, as opposed to Weston and Shuker who we showcased for other clubs benefit!

When I first clocked this on the official site my first thought was "nae danger, that'll be pish". Panda phoned me earlier though to see if I fancied taking a wander up and, since I'm not doing anything else, I thought why not.

Reckon I'll take some Kleenex and wank myself dry everytime Casagolda touches the ball.