Motherwell Vs Motherwell

Guest 'Flow

Aye, number 15 for the blacks who scored and missed the pen is Jamie McCluskey. Says on youtube that his nickname is Jinky and im sure i heard some of the lads shout that on the pitch tonight. Looks a cracking wee player tbh. Dead tricky! As for Casagolda, he looks murder!!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like others, impressed with numbers 2, 4 and 9 in the black side. Any ideas on who they are? Number 9 seemed to be getting called Seline (?) or something to that effect.

Number 15 (McCluksey) looked tidy in the 2nd half, some nice touches and good movement. All 4 worth another look IMO.

None of the trialists in the white side impressed me. The number 7 went down far too easily at every opportunity. Who was the number 11 from the whites? Looked like he'd be dragged down from Wishae sports centre for the night! Never even looked like a fitba player.

The midget right back (#2) and the big left winger (#9) for the blacks were top darts, and the wee #15 that came on in the second half looked pretty decent anaw.

Big Casagolda was pretty gash. Plus he wears pink boots which never help matters. Highlight was his horrendous attempt at an overhead kick.

Wee rundown from what I saw of the game.

Randolph did okay but didn't communicate well with Page and Hutchinson. Page looks far superior to Hutch at the moment.

Meechan did nothing, although he was at right back. Fitzpatrick did okay at left back and got forward well, McCluskey ripped him in the second half though.

Forbes tried to control the game but was over run by Jennings and Lasley, his passing was outstanding though.

White No.7 was pish, had maybe one good tackle but other than that looked a bit wreckless and had poor positioning. No.11 was alright but didn't seem to be able to adapt to Fitzpatricks overlapping runs. By the end of the game it looked like he was pissing blood from his chest.

Gary Smith and McHugh worked well together and were unlucky not to score.

Tom Bradley, who came on fro Randolph for the second half, played really well. Made a few good saves and wasn't afraid to come for the cross ball, although he did flap.

Hollis was alright, did well with the few shots that he had to deal with and made a couple of good free kick saves.

Black No.2, did okay, worked well with Humphrey in the first half and a few good runs and crosses put in. No.4 was pretty solid, hit the bar with a header and at one point ended up running the length of park only to see his shot charged down well.

Dario Quinn was also solid at centre half. Lasley and Jennings worked well again.

Humphrey was outstanding, for his goal he cut inside from the right just over the half way line and turned Hutch inside out twice before unleashing a curling effort into the top left hand corner.

No.9 (the big algerian boy) had a good first half on the left wing although he dallied a bit too long on the ball at times. Second half he was played as a striker and worked well with the midfield.

Esteband Casagolda was pretty average but showed some great movement.

Jamie McCluskey was fantastic. I thought it was him at the time but obviously the team sheet was wrong. Scored a great goal and hit in a few fantastic crosses. Won a penalty and then proceeded to hit the worst penalty I think I've ever seen. Has got a great amount of skill and pace.

The centre min in the black side, Innes and Pollock, were fantastic. Innes played more of a holding role and was quick to shackle anyone breaking from midfield. Pollock showed some great touches and awareness, and really should have scored.

From the trialists I'd look to sign McCluskey or Salim.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/motherwellnet/

Took a few snaps of the game today from where I was sitting. Apolgises about the grainy quality of a few of them. Tried to upload them here but the file was too big so just put them on flickr.

I see you managed to get a couple of snaps of Casagolda, also see 'flow managed to walk in one of your frames lol - good game today. Seemed to be a decent crowd as well.

Bear in mind Hamilton and Aldershot didnt want Tom Hateley...

Didn't the whole Hamilton trial end before he even kicked a ball because his grandpa died or something. I thought McCluskey had a good game, if Craig and archie offer him a deal then thats fine, would be hoping to see more of the same please.

Wee rundown from what I saw of the game.

Randolph did okay but didn't communicate well with Page and Hutchinson. Page looks far superior to Hutch at the moment.

Meechan did nothing, although he was at right back. Fitzpatrick did okay at left back and got forward well, McCluskey ripped him in the second half though.

Forbes tried to control the game but was over run by Jennings and Lasley, his passing was outstanding though.

White No.7 was pish, had maybe one good tackle but other than that looked a bit wreckless and had poor positioning. No.11 was alright but didn't seem to be able to adapt to Fitzpatricks overlapping runs. By the end of the game it looked like he was pissing blood from his chest.

Gary Smith and McHugh worked well together and were unlucky not to score.

Tom Bradley, who came on fro Randolph for the second half, played really well. Made a few good saves and wasn't afraid to come for the cross ball, although he did flap.

Hollis was alright, did well with the few shots that he had to deal with and made a couple of good free kick saves.

Black No.2, did okay, worked well with Humphrey in the first half and a few good runs and crosses put in. No.4 was pretty solid, hit the bar with a header and at one point ended up running the length of park only to see his shot charged down well.

Dario Quinn was also solid at centre half. Lasley and Jennings worked well again.

Humphrey was outstanding, for his goal he cut inside from the right just over the half way line and turned Hutch inside out twice before unleashing a curling effort into the top left hand corner.

No.9 (the big algerian boy) had a good first half on the left wing although he dallied a bit too long on the ball at times. Second half he was played as a striker and worked well with the midfield.

Esteband Casagolda was pretty average but showed some great movement.

Jamie McCluskey was fantastic. I thought it was him at the time but obviously the team sheet was wrong. Scored a great goal and hit in a few fantastic crosses. Won a penalty and then proceeded to hit the worst penalty I think I've ever seen. Has got a great amount of skill and pace.

The centre min in the black side, Innes and Pollock, were fantastic. Innes played more of a holding role and was quick to shackle anyone breaking from midfield. Pollock showed some great touches and awareness, and really should have scored.

From the trialists I'd look to sign McCluskey or Salim.

Decent overview. Cheers.

I was impressed by Salim again, he played well as did the wee number 2 at right back, although Im not sure he actually is a right back and McCluskey caused all sorts of problems.

I remember him at Hibs he was a tricky we shite with a bad attitude, he seems to have suffered due to that and some unlucky injuries.

Casagolda had a few nice touches and his movement was good at times, it's possibly not fair to judge him on one trial match as he is obviously not match fit.

The 19's impressed again and there seems to be a few who could do a job if required.

I too was very impressed with Salim (No, 9) for the blacks, thought he had a good first half, seeing plenty of the ball. I would say he was a bit more quiet in the second half, but as some have mentioned, appeared to be playing in a slightly different position.

No. 2 for the blacks looked good going forward, but wasn't really tested defensively and is on the small side which isn't ideal in that position.

I felt Casdagolda was pretty average, few nice touches and a good few chances in the first half, but he doesn't look totally fit, which doesn't really help his cause.

No. 4 for the blacks looked solid, but again, wasn't really put under a great deal of pressure, and we already have plenty of centre backs at the moment imo.

With regards to the Jamie McCluskey lad, thought he looked good, very confident, perhaps a bit too confident, the wee cheeky cross with the right foot flick springs to mind! Although certainly not afraid to take on a man, and looked sharp.

All in all i would defenately look to get Salim signed up, and perhaps take another look at McCluskey.

I was impressed with this Salim guy and also mccluskey who i thought was excellent. I was also really impressed by the young players who played last night, especially page; innes; mchugh(now our 3rd most experienced striker); quinn and jamie pollock.

We seem to have talented youngsters, and plenty of them, but the game had me concerned at how thin our squad is.

Minus all the trialists on show, and taking into account the absentees(hateley, reynolds, craggs, murphy, saunders, charalambous) we have 30 players. About 14 of which haven't played in a competitive fixture for the first team, and another couple (page, mchugh) who have played only a handful of games each. We're left with only about 14 recognised SPL players at the moment, and even some of them are ridiculously young:

Randolph, Hammell, Craggs, Reynolds, Hutch, Saunders, Hateley, Forbes, Lasley, Humph, Jenno, Fitz, Sutton and Murphy.

We need a centre forward, a winger and some cover for full back badly.

I'm not a pessimistic guy but, can you call that a squad? :nod:

Everybody that saw the game last night seems to agree that the no.9 for the blacks, 'the salim guy' was the best trialist and worth a punt. I believe he's primarily a left winger which is one position we are certainly in need of a good player that is natural out there (not Sutton). Hopefully Paw Broon was in agreement with everybody on here.

Whats the script with signing players at the moment, is there a deadline for the game against Odense?