Guest 'Flow

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not a pessimistic guy but, can you call that a squad? :nod:

I can understand the concern but it does not necesarily have to be a bad thing. As far as playing young players in concerned, I think only now in Scotland, playing young players has become acceptable. It used to be the case that if you were under the age of 21 it seemed to count against you regardless of form. I can understand the arguement about inconsistancy but I have turned up to FP to watch a team of experienced players and seen some real dross.

Regarding squad size, was it McLeish's really good season when he fielded the same starting 11 from August to December and was sitting 2nd in the league close to Christmas? The consistancy of selection and formation was a key to the success.

I understand that back up is preferable and competition for places is healthy but barring some really bad luck I would think you could get through a season with as squad of 18-20 players if those players were of SPL standard. I think we have that.

Was at the game, Indeed McCLuskey was very impressive, Salim dilly dallied too long before crossing, played well, and both keepers Randolhp and Hollis looked good. Estiban was unfit and tried too Hard to score.

How many was there last night about 1,000?

I can understand the concern but it does not necesarily have to be a bad thing. As far as playing young players in concerned, I think only now in Scotland, playing young players has become acceptable. It used to be the case that if you were under the age of 21 it seemed to count against you regardless of form. I can understand the arguement about inconsistancy but I have turned up to FP to watch a team of experienced players and seen some real dross.

Regarding squad size, was it McLeish's really good season when he fielded the same starting 11 from August to December and was sitting 2nd in the league close to Christmas? The consistancy of selection and formation was a key to the success.

I understand that back up is preferable and competition for places is healthy but barring some really bad luck I would think you could get through a season with as squad of 18-20 players if those players were of SPL standard. I think we have that.

McGhee's first season as well, we only used 13 players until December.

Didn't make the game last night, but from reading the bulk of the posts, we seem to have a strong group of young guys who are not too far away from pushing for a sqad place.

Interested in the McCluskey & Salim possibilities though - Jim O'Brien gave us a good attacking threat when he ran at defences with pace and purpose - from what's been said, McCluskey may be the same type of player, and if Salim looked the part, it'd obviously be worth J & V continuing to look at him - we're gonna need all the attacking options we can get.

Other than that, where's the new creative midfielder :nod:

MON RA DOSSERS

McGhee's first season as well, we only used 13 players until December.

We got fucked in the ass for that second season though when the injuries kicked in. It's a dangerous game running with such a small squad, but the financial climate dictates it, and most of our top of the bottom 6 rivals are in the same boat. Youth is the only way forward I think

Does this look like the black team No. 9 to anyone?

Salim_Tuama

He looks very similar in appearance to me and seems to be well regarded by fans at Hapoel Tel Aviv.

Dont think It is, he was th efirst I looked at when I heard we had a guy called Salim with us, but our trialist is well over 6 feet by accounts,whereas Salim Tuama is 5`8, unless the guys who have seem him are wrong + he is 6 inches shorter, in which case I feel sorry for those guys wives lol

Dont think It is, he was th efirst I looked at when I heard we had a guy called Salim with us, but our trialist is well over 6 feet by accounts,whereas Salim Tuama is 5`8, unless the guys who have seem him are wrong + he is 6 inches shorter, in which case I feel sorry for those guys wives lol

A bit immature dont you think. :thumbup:

I think it was him.

He wasn't massively tall, just deceptively lanky. Was certainly shorter than Sutts.

If it is Salim Tuama he could be a damn good signing, decent pedigree + experience there, McCluskey could be very useful as well, always was a boy who had all the tools to be a top class player but a shite attitude put him on a slippery slope,im sure Broon could get the best out of him

I wonder tho,will we ever see the purse strings loosened + any of these guys back at Fir Park again?

Does this look like the black team No. 9 to anyone?

Salim_Tuama

He looks very similar in appearance to me and seems to be well regarded by fans at Hapoel Tel Aviv.

Also scored a belter against Rangers in the UEFA cup a few years ago :lol:

I'm positive the guy had a algerian wrist band on. Great goal there mind you..

Are we talking Jamie McCluskey former Hibs winger?

He he was meant to be top darts a few years ago, I'm talking was playing U21 when he should have been U17 shit - just never made the final step. Mind speaking to his coach at Hibs and he couldn't say enough good things about him.

A new O' Brien really - will make things happen. Would love to get him signed up!!