Odense Game On The Noo

ForthThistle

I just booked my flight to Glasgow. Is it by train I come to Motherwell from there? I'm not sure how many of us that are coming, but I wanted to make sure about my own journey....! From ur posts I see that prices can go up very quickly... :O )

Glasgow International or Glasgow Prestwick Airport??

Glasgow Prestwick Airport has a train link from beside the airport into Glasgow central station, video guide Trains operate every half hour (hourly on Sunday's) to/from Glasgow Central Station between the hours of 06:00 - 23:08. All passengers receive free or half price rail travel.

Glasgow International Airport has no direct train, you have to transfer from the Airport to the City centre by road or transfer to another town Railway station in Paisley Gilmour street, Taxi is possible to the city but I think expensive ( unless 4 or 5 people maybe its OK)

bus is the most popular option, every ten minutes from the airport to the city is the Glasgow flyer bus service 500, £4.50 single ticket £6.50 open return ticket and it has good service stops around the city

from Glasgow city its as Bop says Glasgow Central staion to Motherwell central or Airbles the ground is about 5-10 minutes walk from both or taxi are outside the Motherwell central station

some other details on Motherwell club website

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get a train from Glasgow central to Motherwell about once every 30 minutes. You probably actually want to get a train that goes through Airbles station which is in Motherwell but a good bit closer to the stadium and right next to the "Electric Bar" where the Aalesunds supporters seemed to have a good time. Another popular pub is Jack Daniels which is just up the hill from Airbles station on the left hand side. There wont be any need to book train tickets in advance, you can purchase them in the station or even on the train itself.

Cheers for the heads up. As far as i've been able to see it's about a 35 minute train ride? What I do when in Motherwell is not that important as long as I get to the game. I suspect there's a few bars around that can supply me with a sufficient amount of pints... :O)

I think I can speak for the vast majority when saying you will be made to feel very welcome regardless of the outcome of the match. We are a friendly bunch, please don't think comments like that are typical.

Good to hear. Actually on the stadium today (yes we lost) I spoke to a mate of mine who's norwegian and went to the game u played in Aalesund. He said u guys got some thumbs ups for the way u behaved up there.

As far as we are concerned, football is party time. Naturally we wanna win, but it's also about seeing new things. Especially in europe. I see u had a fab time in Nancy, and 4ever that city will meen something special to u. I hope u'll think of Odense that way as well!

Glasgow International or Glasgow Prestwick Airport??

Glasgow Prestwick has a train link from beside the airport into Glasgow central station, video guide Trains operate every half hour (hourly on Sunday's) to/from Glasgow Central Station between the hours of 06:00 - 23:08. All passengers receive free or half price rail travel.

Glasgow International has no direct train, you have to transfer from the Airport to the City centre by road or transfer to another town Railway station in Paisley Gilmour street, Taxi is possible to the city but I think expensive ( unless 4 or 5 people maybe its OK)

bus is the most popular option, every ten minutes from the airport to the city is the Glasgow flyer bus service 500, £4.50 single ticket £6.50 open return ticket and it has good service stops around the city

from Glasgow city its as Bop says Glasgow Central staion to Motherwell central or Airbles the ground is about 5-10 minutes walk from both or taxi are outside the Motherwell central station

some other details on Motherwell club website

Thanks. I'm at Prestwick so train it is. I have plenty of time to get to motherwell from there. I get there the day before the game, so I'll manage... :O

I usually do this, that is go in and check the opposing side's forum. I've been in here for 2-3 days trying to help u with qs about travelling, accomodation and stuff. And that's the first bad comment I've had all along. That's actually quite good. :D )

If u'll allow me a short commment: Mate, this is just a football match. Pumping someone's life out is something completely different. I done that for a living in the danish army and believe me. I've served with far better british guys than u!

and i for one have used your advice to plan my journey and can only thank you for the info. I'll certainly stand you a large malt at Fir Park. Really looking forward to a good time in Odense.

:O

I usually do this, that is go in and check the opposing side's forum. I've been in here for 2-3 days trying to help u with qs about travelling, accomodation and stuff. And that's the first bad comment I've had all along. That's actually quite good. :O )

If u'll allow me a short commment: Mate, this is just a football match. Pumping someone's life out is something completely different. I done that for a living in the danish army and believe me. I've served with far better british guys than u!

don't listen to him he's an arsehole.the majority (if not all)motherwell fans will show your team great respect and welcome you with open arms

I usually do this, that is go in and check the opposing side's forum. I've been in here for 2-3 days trying to help u with qs about travelling, accomodation and stuff. And that's the first bad comment I've had all along. That's actually quite good. :O )

plus we consider ourselves Scottish not British

and i for one have used your advice to plan my journey and can only thank you for the info. I'll certainly stand you a large malt at Fir Park. Really looking forward to a good time in Odense.

He he, u'll learn that in Denmark any given pint is usually returned in numbers. As i've said before. Let's have a ball before and after the game. It's only during the game, that we don't want the same thing.... ;o)

here's hoping you guys come over with big massive flags and take over the electric bar on the day just like the aalesands fans.

I drove past the pub and it got me right up for the game "THE NORWEGIANS ARE COMING"

We like denmark best bacon in the world by the way "so i've heard"

do you think many will come over it's the deciding leg at fir park just the way we like it!!!

MON THE WELL!!!

And yeah calling a scotsman british not good at all big fella.

Hopefully one day we will break free from britain and establish ourselves away from all there bullshit down south.

Thank you. I would just like to state how much it pleases me that we are meeting a true traditional football team from the motherland of football, instead of some unknown eastern european team. It's a pleasure meeting a team that we have heard of, like Motherwell, instead of FC UnknownSerbianTeam est. 1997. Motherwell was founded 1886, OB in 1887. Proper teams, with proper history.

I hope we pass through to the group stage, off course, but if we don't, then at least there will be a real football team going through. I would take an english or scottish team to go through any time over some unknown team who is the plaything of some russian milionaire.

I usually do this, that is go in and check the opposing side's forum. I've been in here for 2-3 days trying to help u with qs about travelling, accomodation and stuff. And that's the first bad comment I've had all along. That's actually quite good. :O)

He's obv just had a few too many beers, he's a good lad

Good to hear. Actually on the stadium today (yes we lost) I spoke to a mate of mine who's norwegian and went to the game u played in Aalesund. He said u guys got some thumbs ups for the way u behaved up there.

As far as we are concerned, football is party time. Naturally we wanna win, but it's also about seeing new things. Especially in europe. I see u had a fab time in Nancy, and 4ever that city will meen something special to u. I hope u'll think of Odense that way as well!

More than a few Nancy fans posted here saying we were the best away support their city had ever seen :D :D :D

He's obv just had a few too many beers, he's a good lad

More than a few Nancy fans posted here saying we were the best away support their city had ever seen :O:D :D

I've spoken to some of the Aalesund fans as well and there was nothing but thumbs ups for the way u represented urself and ur club up there as well. And I think u'll come in bigger numbers this time so should be gr8 fun!

:D

I think OB our favourites but i will put it into perspective in the last 4 seasons scottish clubs have beaten

Manchester united

Lyon

Sporting Lisbon

Werder Bremen

Panathonikos

Fiorentina

Spartak moscow

Copenhagen

Benfica

Dynamo Moscow

Stutgart

Barcelona (Draw)

To name but a few Your team IMO our massive favourites and i dont beleive people on the board our thinking we our favourites just expressing views and as you can see stats mean absolutley nothing!

I think OB our favourites but i will put it into perspective in the last 4 seasons scottish clubs have beaten

Manchester united

Lyon

Sporting Lisbon

Werder Bremen

Panathonikos

Fiorentina

Spartak moscow

Copenhagen

Benfica

Dynamo Moscow

Stutgart

Barcelona (Draw)

To name but a few Your team IMO our massive favourites and i dont beleive people on the board our thinking we our favourites just expressing views and as you can see stats mean absolutley nothing!

And Motherwell have not played, never mind beaten any of those mentioned on your list. We cant really compare Flamarturi with Barcelona and Lyon.

Odense are favourites, and deservadly so. They are seeded, we are not, theres a reason for it.

I am hopeful that the players aren't buying into this, Nancy philosophy of 'yaaaas, we'v got the easy team, we'll get through' that you see in some of these threads. If so, then we are on the fast train to a let down.

Haven't seen that anywhere yet.

The general consensus is we have a good chance..

Its very different from playing Nancy. Against Nancy it was 30-70 vs OB its more even, much more even. Probably 40-60.

But realistically when we come up against Celtic, what are the odds for us winning? 8/1 ? against OB we are 25/8 last time I looked. So from that you can see they are clear Favorites but we can get results against Celtic so this team won't be any different, a good performance from the boys coupled with a little luck and who knows.