Odense Home Leg Ticket Details

Toxteth O'Grady

Where did I say I was 'top heavy with cash', where did I say I could afford to go, or indeed say I was going? As normal for this forum a dog wi a bone rant with nae facts, I won't be funding johnnys venture but thanks for the offer.

Another ear bashing from the dreaded one line 'rant' :unsure:

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're customers. The notion that it's our duty to "support" the club financially is bollocks, and it's this kind of loyalty that all clubs are abusing when increasing ticket prices during a recession. I'm not sure how the administration fiasco is relevant here, I'm not going to shell out extra money just because we had a close shave almost eight years ago. It wasn't the fans fault then, and it isn't our responsibility now.

My issue here isn't the comparative cost, but the fact that they increased the price from previous Euro games in conjunction with a patronising rallying call stating that it is essential to get in as many fans as possible as the players need their support.

We're customers.

That pretty much sums up this debate, although its a bit of an oversimplification. Some like Fizoxy are indeed customers looking for value for money before they commit to a purchase others like Italix are supporters prepared to put in as well as take out. Those who attend games may fall into several different camps.

We all have money to varying degrees and its its up to us all how we spend that cash.

Thats life I guess.

I think we need to get over the notion that somehow the club owe's the fans something. Without the fans the club would not exist, true but the same can be said for any business. Without paying customers the business does not float.

Thats true,but the business can only get paying customers by giving a competetively priced product, NOT increasing the price by 25% whenever it feels theres a chance to cash in.

As Jay said earlier, if the club made it £20 for the last 2 rounds it wouldnt have bothered me either, but they charged £15 to go see an obscure Scandinavian team in a Europa League preliminary round match, now were being charged £5 more to go see an obscure Scandinavian team in a Europa League preliminary round match!

And on top of that,the patronising "Call to arms" they sent out when informing us of the increase just pisses people off more

Biggest game in the clubs history? your having a laugh surely

Perhaps not THE biggest in our history. I would say that winning the league and any Scottish Cup final is bigger, but since that has included all of say 10 games over 100+ years, there is a reasonable argument that if we come back from Odense with all to play for then this game will be the most important in the last 20 years and one of THE most important games in the club's history.

The financial rewards are mindboggling to a club of Motherwell's stature. Possibly as much as 50% of our annual turnover. Our co-efficient in Europe will be better should we need it again.....Paw Broon would be able to add as many as 3-4 quality loan players/signings that would make all the difference for this league campaign. The positive press here in the UK and around Europe from this tie + the upcoming Europa games would be unparalleled in our history. We might even gain some new fans from such publicity.

Either way the return leg has the potential to be ONE of the most important games in Motherwells history.

Tough one to know where I stand on this one..

Deal with the easy bit first. The lack of an OAP discount is bang out of order. But totally in line with the shabby treatment the elderly get in our society. Disgraceful. Nothing I type that follows this applies to the issue of OAP concessions...

£20 as a price in itself is too expensive for football. Personally I reckon £15 is too expensive but it's the world we live in now. The club have not raised the price to a level unheard of for football games. I remember going to Livingston when they were in the SPL (not yesterday) and I'm sure the gate prices then were £20/£10. I think if the club had hiked the price to £28 or £30 for this game, it would have been a clearer issue of fleecing the fans.

Thing is, we can't have it all ways. This forum has been full of posts bemoaning the lack of signings, to then criticise the club for attempting to maximise income seems to me a bit two faced. As others have pointed out, we are running a business here. To mention Dundee United is interesting. If we had kept the lower price and Dundee United made a lot more money from their play off game than we did, then we would have had people on here slating the lack of business sense at the club. To say "the other two games were £15, therefore this one should be as well" just invites a response from the club saying "£15 was a goodwill gesture, we could have charged £20 for every game". Would that consistency in pricing have made it alright? People were on here praising the club for the £15 price. Well, if we knew that £15 was a bargain (in terms of today's football pricing), we all know you don't get a bargain every time you go to the shops.

I think talk of around 10000 fans if they dropped the prices to £15 is ludicrous anyway. "If the club kept it at £15 and got 10000 in we'd make...", aye, well if yer granny had baws she'd be yer grandad. There is no way we'll get 10000 for this game, irrespective of a £5 price difference.

The more I think about it, I reckon the club have called it right. Would I rather it was £15? Aye, of course. Putting the sensible head on, should the club be trying to maximise their income and is £20 in today's market a reasonable price? Unfortunately, yes.

Oh and to the person who stated that they wouldn't now go because they couldn't afford to spend £100 watching football over the course of 6 weeks, are you really trying to tell me that your budgetting is so precise that you couldn't afford £100 but £90 would be something you could afford? As others have said, it's £5 difference. How much do each of us spend on stuff we don't need every week? Newspapers that are out of date when you get them. A packet of chewing gum while you're in getting it and maybe, oh aye gie me a can of juice and a packet of crisps. Or "Are you having another pint afore ye head up the road?" "Ach, aye go on then". These examples may not apply to everyone, but I'm sure if we all thought long and hard we could come up with something we spend a fiver on in a week that looking at it is "waste". All I would ask is that you think about that before stating that £5 is a bit of a hike.

Football is too expensive, we all know that. But sadly £20 for a game is not exorbitant in today's climate in football. Some people on here are talking as if it's the first time they've had to pay £20...

Excellent post. Well said.

Motherwell should have kept the price the same. This tie is no different from the previous two. its a Europa League Qualifier. I bet if we played three qualifying rounds in the Scottish Cup the price would not change.

Once again things are going really well with the club and the fans are all pretty happy then BANG! Motherwell FC throws a clanger into the works.

Once again the club let's it's self down on the admin front.

• no period of time for season ticket holders only to reserve their seat (game is 2wks away)
  • no on-line booking for those who don't work in the area or can't get morning/day off work
  • no guarantee of getting your own seat if you book by phone (nice girl from main office running through to ticket office with your phone booking)

The minimum I was looking for was the same booking options as for the last game.

Requested a call back from Leanne Dempster to discuss, but not available today.

They expect folks to shell out for reason tickets, then offer no incentives, i.e. priority book your season ticket seat, before general release.

I understand that the queue was round the block when I phoned this morning (10:15) so anyone of these folks could be sitting in my seat in the East Stand on the 26th.....why.

very hacked off season ticket holder of 30yrs+

While leaving aside the debate about the prices, I think we are all pretty much agreed that we want the place as full as possible when Odense visit.

Was pretty encouraging then that less than an hour of the tickets going on sale there was a queue of about a dozen in front of me when I arrived with perhaps slightly more waiting when I left.

when you are an individual, £5 isnt a lot of money - when its a family, its not just 1 £5, it could be 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 £5's - it adds up.

I'm not happy the price has went up, and I'm not happy its £20 but thats the "going rate"

However, if we dont vent our frustration and show the club we are unhappy - then come the group stages (if we get there) the price will go up again.

Some people say we are supporters of a club, therefore we should support the club - but the club isnt run like a club, its run like a business, so are we now customers??? If the "club" wants the "supporters" to come out and "support" the club, then they shouldnt be increasing the price. Instead, its been run like a business and their rallying call tells all - i think they know the fans will be hacked off.

The club cant continue to fleece the fans and take them for granted - i wouldnt mind paying a little more if we had a decent stadium to watch it in either! (but thats another debate!!)

Waited for about 20mins in the queue there and the guy in front of me was talking to Bill Dickie and Dickie said that the Ticket Office had been full all day.The club knew that there were going to be a lot of people down today and have got only 1 person giving out the tickets

Waited for about 20mins in the queue there and the guy in front of me was talking to Bill Dickie and Dickie said that the Ticket Office had been full all day.The club knew that there were going to be a lot of people down today and have got only 1 person giving out the tickets

Tickets are printed as they are bought and are linked to the computer.With only one computer to do bookings on and only one card machine for credit debit cards then what do you expect??

That's the way it has been for donkeys and will probably continue that way. Motherwell cannot afford the mega money of the old firm and have their own ticketing system like they do. Staff have unfortunately been cut over the last few years as the club has cut its cloth according to their financial situation. This has been well advertised, so what if you have to wait a wee bit longer in the queue, make time for it and get down there when you get the time available.

Yes the club knew there would be a lot of interest but the club works with what it has staff wise and if you have to wait 20 minutes or so, then so be it.

Tickets are printed as they are bought and are linked to the computer.With only one computer to do bookings on and only one card machine for credit debit cards then what do you expect??

That's the way it has been for donkeys and will probably continue that way. Motherwell cannot afford the mega money of the old firm and have their own ticketing system like they do. Staff have unfortunately been cut over the last few years as the club has cut its cloth according to their financial situation. This has been well advertised, so what if you have to wait a wee bit longer in the queue, make time for it and get down there when you get the time available.

Yes the club knew there would be a lot of interest but the club works with what it has staff wise and if you have to wait 20 minutes or so, then so be it.

I wans't moaning about the time I had to wait I was only pointing out that there was only 1 member of staff working and thats what took as long.I didn't realise that there were only one computer that could print tickets. For an SPL club like us surley we could afford at least two but I dont know how much these things cost all in so I am not saying we absolutly SHOULD have one.I am just saying we for the clubs size we could maybe have at least two to try and speed things up a little for fans who are working all week and haven't got a lot of time to get their tickets and cant get onto the online booking

I wans't moaning about the time I had to wait I was only pointing out that there was only 1 member of staff working and thats what took as long.I didn't realise that there were only one computer that could print tickets. For an SPL club like us surley we could afford at least two but I dont know how much these things cost all in so I am not saying we absolutly SHOULD have one.I am just saying we for the clubs size we could maybe have at least two to try and speed things up a little for fans who are working all week and haven't got a lot of time to get their tickets and cant get onto the online booking

Never meant it to be a dig or anything just highlighting the realities of a small club. Unfortunately I would imagine the cost in wages etc for additional staff and equipment would only make the ticket prices go higher and with some people complaining already regarding costs of tickets (not having a dig either at those folk..!!) then the club I suppose cannot go down that route and just making do with what we have.

Spot on.

In similar circumstances where I've had to queue for advance tickets the person serving was apologetic and very helpful and accommodating. I know others have had different, but my experience of the ticket office has been very good.

As a small aside, I've been following these boards for years, and used to post under the name Kaiser years ago. I decided to sign up and have my tuppence worth after the Aalesund game. Obviously I was happy Motherwell won, but I was also frustrated as hell because I had to tell two guys behind me who were in my ear all game, to shut the hell up as they were nothing but negative - absolutely slating anyone in a Motherwell top who didn't play an inch perfect pass under pressure, or didn't get it forward at the first opportunity. After 20 minutes I'd had enough I told them to stop being so fucking negative and look at the scoreboard. They still didnt shut up slating everyone though.

Relevance to this topic? It's just typical Motherwell fan to moan about everything, everyhting is an outrage, the club are fleecing us, the service is terrible, I had to wait to get into the stadium, I had to wait to get a ticket, I'm a season ticket holder and I want it all. As Well Well correctly points out, theres only one fucking computer! It's not their fault and it's a good thing there's a queue.

I won't be the first to say this and I won't be the last, but can we please GIE IT A REST with the constant moaning and get behind the team for a change?!? It's embarrassing sometimes.