Club Charter To Odense

Crazy Diamond

The Club is delighted to announce a fantastic travel package to Odense including accommodation and ALL transfers!!!

· Coach from Fir Park to Glasgow Airport

· Flight from Glasgow to Odense

· One night's accommodation in local hotel

· Includes buffet breakfast with fruit

· Tea and coffee available all day

· Free wi-fi

· Coach from hotel to stadium

· Match ticket

· Return coach from stadium to airport

· Return flight to Glasgow Airport

· Coach from Glasgow Airport back to Fir Park

Cost as follows –

· Single room - £580

· Twin room - £545

· Triple room - £535

Spaces are limited so it's imperative that you book NOW!!!! Your itinerary will be produced as soon as you book.

The Club has worked exceptionally hard over the last few days to produce this exclusive travel package for all Motherwell Fans. Again, please note - we have had such an overwhelming response and places are VERY limited!!!! This package will be sold on a first come first served basis. Please contact either myself or Wilma on 01698 338008. Please have your debit or credit card number ready when you call.

REGARDS,

DI :lol:)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can ANYONE within the club tell us why all three European away legs have cost between £500 - £600 to travel with motherwell?

The last two organised chartered flights, the cost to fly was between £500 - £600 with no over night, granted this away trip is including an over night within its price.

Why is it so expensive?

I understand the meaning of a 'chartered' flight, i.e. a flight route been orginised to accommodate a specific date, time, and destination requirement, however, on the above prices you could have a week in U.S.A or long haul (granted an over night watching Motherwell is much better).

Is anyone else concerned about this cost? I have booked up for 2 days, 1 night in odense and its costing me under £300 for the following:

Return flights to Copenhagen

Return train Copenhagen - Odense

1 night in decent accom.

I too think the prices are very steep. Commercial airlines must be making a profit from the fares they are selling, and you can fly Glasgow to Copenhagen with BMI for £305 return. So its not just the low cost airlines who are cheaper, the main airlines are too. The club seem delighted to announce a great deal, but where is the great deal??

I think the club need to get better connections to negotiate better prices, like you sa it is very very steep for one night.

You are paying for someone else to do all the work on your behalf, ie organising flights, hotels, transfers etc. The Scotland trips with Passport Travel are the same. If you cannot afford two/three days off work then you pay the extra to leave house to airport fly have one night, match then fly home straight away. The Katowice charter was probably about the same cost in 1991 terms.

If you want to have a few days away then pay the lower rate, if you want a quick and everything organised for you trip then pay the extra and go via the charter.

No use in having a pop at the club.

I dont buy the fact you are paying someone else to do the work for you, a travel agent can get the same deal we get, at the same cost, not double the price. The only difference is not being able to return straight after the match, but you can fly out on matchday, so either way only 1 night away, or 2 days off work.

a travel agent can get the same deal we get

Most Travel Agents cannot magic up aircraft at a couple of days notice and get suitable departure/arrival slots at airports. I can see where people are coming from but the club are providing an optional service to fans.

The charter will fly regardless of how many fans are onboard.

I may be wrong but I'd imagine the fans are helping subsidise (some of the cost) for the players/officials as well.

May feelings also, I feel we are getting the bad end of the stick and the club should be doing far more to allow more motherwell fans gain the experience with traveling with motherwell

You are paying for someone else to do all the work on your behalf, ie organising flights, hotels, transfers etc. The Scotland trips with Passport Travel are the same. If you cannot afford two/three days off work then you pay the extra to leave house to airport fly have one night, match then fly home straight away. The Katowice charter was probably about the same cost in 1991 terms.

If you want to have a few days away then pay the lower rate, if you want a quick and everything organised for you trip then pay the extra and go via the charter.

No use in having a pop at the club.

Paying for someone to do the work - I arranged my whole trip in 15mins and never left my seat at work.

Am not having a go at the club, would just like them to explain why it so expensive.

I dont know how many seats are one the flight, however, say its 100 seats, that means its costing just under £60,000 to take 100 people from glasgow to odense, for an over night, and you dont think thats very very expensive?

May feelings also, I feel we are getting the bad end of the stick and the club should be doing far more to allow more motherwell fans gain the experience with traveling with motherwell

what do you mean allow? this is more expensive than travelling to denmark yourself but the club aren't stopping anyone from doing that. all the club charters have been a couple of hundred quid dearer than the trip could be done independently but they've all been well subscribed as far as i can tell.

it's always going to be more expensive. it obviously costs more to hire a plane for a one off occasion than it is for an airline to use one they own or lease. when my flight gets to denmark the plane will probably be cleaned, refueled and full of paying passengers again in a couple of hours, the club charter won't. booking one off ariport slots at short notice will be more expensive than block booking them for a long perid of time. thery're just a few of the things that push the price up.

I was in Norway on the club charter a few weeks ago. The reason it’s so expensive is because you are paying to fly direct from Glasgow to Odense, if people think it's too expensive then fair enough. What a great experience we had travelling with the club and seeing the amount of time, effort and professionalism that went into it all, yeah it's expensive but it's by far the best way and least hassle way to get over. To answer the question about subsidising the team it's simply not true, the total expenditure is divided by every seat on the plane including all MFC official party of which the club pays per seat the same as the supporters.

Totally agree with scarecrow on this one, give the club a break eh! It is more expensive but gives you the added convenience of direct flights, transfers, accommodation. We aren't a big enough team with the economies of scale that larger teams would be able to attract with their larger fanbase in order to keep the cost down.

I'm sure that they have been trying as hard as possible to keep the costs down and must really have a "why the fuck do we bother" feeling when they read threads like this.

what do you mean allow? this is more expensive than travelling to denmark yourself but the club aren't stopping anyone from doing that. all the club charters have been a couple of hundred quid dearer than the trip could be done independently but they've all been well subscribed as far as i can tell.

it's always going to be more expensive. it obviously costs more to hire a plane for a one off occasion than it is for an airline to use one they own or lease. when my flight gets to denmark the plane will probably be cleaned, refueled and full of paying passengers again in a couple of hours, the club charter won't. booking one off ariport slots at short notice will be more expensive than block booking them for a long perid of time. thery're just a few of the things that push the price up.

What I mean by 'allow' is that many of people have stated they can only get one day off work, etc. I know there are other routes to get to odense and they are not stopped anyone booking off their own back, all I meant is that for many motherwell fans the charter flight is the only option, however, to pay double the price, is that reasonable, thats all am saying.

I know its more expensive to book a chartered flight, as you detail, however, if booking a hotel in block booking does that not reduce the cost, as it looks like am paying much less that the chartered option.

Also, as I said previously, I expect to pay extra but £200 - £300 per head does seem very expensive.

Am not having a go at the club as they could easily not put on any charter flight, mean many will lose out

Totally agree with scarecrow on this one, give the club a break eh! It is more expensive but gives you the added convenience of direct flights, transfers, accommodation. We aren't a big enough team with the economies of scale that larger teams would be able to attract with their larger fanbase in order to keep the cost down.

I'm sure that they have been trying as hard as possible to keep the costs down and must really have a "why the fuck do we bother" feeling when they read threads like this.

They only reason they bother is because the more fans that go the less the club need to pay, as part of the fans cost is to cover part of the clubs cost.

You say additional cost for transfer and accom, if they are direct flights then the transfer is 10 mins from airport - hotel, 5mins hotel to ground, surely a bus company could be used at a very competitive rate. Am going on a stag do with another 21 guys and its costing us £25 for a bus down to newcastle, drivers digs and home

Thats my opinion and am entitled to it, as are you.

I know a pilot very well and discussed this with him last night and he commented the cost of chartering a flight is not as expensive as it is first thought.

Am not having a go at the club at all and are grateful they are putting this option on.

They only reason they bother is because the more fans that go the less the club need to pay, as part of the fans cost is to cover part of the clubs cost.

You say additional cost for transfer and accom, if they are direct flights then the transfer is 10 mins from airport - hotel, 5mins hotel to ground, surely a bus company could be used at a very competitive rate. Am going on a stag do with another 21 guys and its costing us £25 for a bus down to newcastle, drivers digs and home

Thats my opinion and am entitled to it, as are you.

I know a pilot very well and discussed this with him last night and he commented the cost of chartering a flight is not as expensive as it is first thought.

Am not having a go at the club at all and are grateful they are putting this option on.

How much did he say it was ??????? We could all chip in and chater it ourselves the next time ! :evilgrin:

Here is an extract of the costs for landing and waiting at Odenese airport...(http://www.odense-lufthavn.dk/) you can see its quite expensive. So this all adds to the cost. Also going by the website it dosent look that big so it may not be able to take a 737 sized aircraft, hence the limited numbers

I work and stay in Copenhagen (as far as I can find out the only Motherwell supporter here)and as you will all find out when you all arrive 'everything' in Denmark is a lot more expensive compared to what we think is normal. you can be asked for three notes for a mars bar or can of coke!! My weekly c****y carry out is £32 and thats for one chicken curry, rice and noodles. (if you buy a car you have to pay 180% tax on top of the OTR cost £50k-60k for a Ford Focus - not relative to the arguments but it demonstrates the cost of things here.)

Try and avoid the glitzy street cafes and tourist trap places in Copenhagen city centre, find 'BODEGAS' these are small drinking dens that generally have cheaper booze, and if you are inclined you can also smoke in them. It was so refreshing last week for me when I was over for the game on Thursday to get change from a tenner in the FP club for a round of drinks.

Anyway - when you get there get your slabs of beer out of NETTO, Aldi (if you can find one), Best Buy or Super Brugen. Nettos are everywhere, and these are the cheapest places for beer, get as much duty free spirits as you can at the airport as whisky, vody etc can be 30-40 notes a bottle, even in the cheap shops, and thats not for a litre!! Wine is expensive as well, but a box is about 100-130 DKK (£12-£15) Dont expect any quality vino for that price either - Bucky is non existent here.

If you are driving from Copenhagen to Odense remember the toll on the bridge is about £36 each way, the tolls take credit cards its a lot quicker than cash...

I am really looking forward to seeing the claret and amber troops in the town on Wed night and then in Odense....(and before anybody asks, no, I have no room left, even the floor is booked out...lol)

ANy more advice needed let me know....

Airport Rates

Starting Fees:

Aircraft with MTOM

Fly with MOTM > 2000 kg : £ 43.75 per . begun 1000 kg , however min. £ 160.00

School and training flights in the series: Full price for first start, then 60 % discount. "Touch and go " & " disconnected approaches "could be considered as a start .

Parking Fees:

00-06 hours : free

Per started day : £ 12.50 per . begun 1000 kg MTOM , however min. £ 43.75

Departure tax :

Aircraft approved for more than nine passenger seats or MTOM > 5700 kg . : DKK 125.00 per . departing passengers

Opening Charges : kl.22 - kl.24 & kl.06 - kl.07 local time :

Aircraft approved for less than 20 passenger seats and are not commissioned fire preparedness: £ 500.00 per . longer hours

Aircraft approved for more than 19 passenger seats and aircraft which has commissioned fire preparedness: £ 4375.00 per . longer hours .

Administration Fee:

If a tax is not paid in cash, given an administration fee of $ 75.00 for collection .

I really don't know why people gripe about these things.

These charters are set up for people with a bit of spare cash who don't want to spend 3 days out of the country.

If you want to go for around £300 and have the annual leave at work then batter in, plenty ways of doing it.

If you want to go for around £300 but want to go and come back in around 24 hours, it can't be done. Thems the breaks

Hadn't really given the club charter prices much thought till I saw the deal Aalesund fans were getting to come to Fir Park!

2700Kr for charter flight to Glasgow, transfer to their 4 or 5 star hotel (Park or Radisson Blu) in the town for 2 nights (inc Breakfast) lunch and dinner in Waxy O'Conners, transfer to Motherwell plus match ticket.

Equates to the princely sum of £285.12 approximately!!

Seems almost unbelieveable but that was the info on their website, although my Norwegian's no the best and google translate wouldn't do it

You pays your money, you make your choice no point moaning about it, plenty options to go it alone!

:mellow:

The Club is delighted to announce a fantastic travel package to Odense including accommodation and ALL transfers!!!

· Coach from Fir Park to Glasgow Airport

· Flight from Glasgow to Odense

· One night's accommodation in local hotel

· Includes buffet breakfast with fruit

· Tea and coffee available all day

· Free wi-fi

· Coach from hotel to stadium

· Match ticket

· Return coach from stadium to airport

· Return flight to Glasgow Airport

· Coach from Glasgow Airport back to Fir Park

Cost as follows –

· Single room - £580

· Twin room - £545

· Triple room - £535

Spaces are limited so it's imperative that you book NOW!!!! Your itinerary will be produced as soon as you book.

The Club has worked exceptionally hard over the last few days to produce this exclusive travel package for all Motherwell Fans. Again, please note - we have had such an overwhelming response and places are VERY limited!!!! This package will be sold on a first come first served basis. Please contact either myself or Wilma on 01698 338008. Please have your debit or credit card number ready when you call.

REGARDS,

DI :mellow: )

Must be missing something, but I don`t think thats a bad deal.

Straight flights, Glasgow - Odense? (With no other direct route) All transfers covered? Set up in hotel, plus match ticket?

A bet everyone thats going, wont be far off £500(+) ,including spending money.

Not saying its cheap, but taking everything into consideration, think the club have done ok.