Trust Meeting Last Night (14/01/09)

Frazzie

I thought this could perhaps merit a new thread - probably should've done it sooner as it's not fair on the Wellboys that the original one got sidetracked.

The first hour or so of the meeting was spent discussing the Sportsmans Dinner that is planned for February 21st at the Bellshill Hilton which is for the Phil O'Donnell Memorial Fund, but is being organised by the Trust. I re-iterate that every penny raised will go towards the memorial to Phil, and this has never been in question. The main stumbling block on this at the moment, if anyone is interested, is that our 2nd speaker, Alan Rough, has pulled out so we are frantically trying to find a replacement before printing tickets. If we don't have a confirmed name by the weekend we will go to print with Johnny Gahagan listed as 'Main Speaker'. We also discussed advertising the events and press releases, as well as mailshots to businesses associated with Motherwell FC.

The next point of discussion was 'Flows suggestion of merging the two main accounts held (The Pitch In fund & The Share fund). This was agreed in principle, providing that John Boyle would be willing to put in writing the present verbal agreement of releasing shares to the Trust to the value of our contributions to the club. 'Flows other concern regarding the minutes of some of the previous meetings not being on the website has been acknowledged and will be sorted ASAP.

Probably the most significant point of the meeting was the revision of the mission statement. It was agreed that a new statement would be revised, posted to the board mailing list for approval, the various tweaks made and then released. It was also agreed to have an extra meeting w/c 26/1 to catalogue a series of aims and events for 2009 based on said Mission Statement. Both the Mission Statement and the calendar of aims and events would be made public and, if there is still an adequate number of concerns from members, we would hold an open board meeting, where all members would be welcome to come along and pitch any questions to any board member about anything they like. This suggestion was made in response to the accusation of us being a closed shop and we are very keen to move away from that.

The final point that came up was the re-branding. Speedie presented his proposal of a new logo for the organisation, which was largely approved and I must say that it is much more modern than the current one. When the logo is finalised, the website relaunched, etc - there will be a bit of an advertising and promotion campaign to try to drive membership numbers up. We have also been granted approval for a regular page in the programme so I'm pretty sure a time will come when you'll be sick of the sight of us, but you've only all got yourselves to blame! :-)

I would say that's the bulk of what I can remember off the top of my head. If anyone has any further questions, fire them in here and I'll answer them as well as I can. However, this is probably the longest post I've ever made so I'm away for a lie down first...

Frazzle

PS- Official minutes of the meeting will be available in due course - that is not what this is.

i too also am happy to see you guys making the effort to communicate with the fans more, it's a very positive step in the right direction.

I look forward to seeing the new logo's and site branding for the Trust.

How are things progressing with getting a replacement for Alan Rough?

How are things progressing with getting a replacement for Alan Rough?

Hard to say. We've been in touch with an agent who's on the case. Tam Cowan is doing the intro, and Johnny Gahagan is speaking, so that's a good start. Alan Rough did say that he didn't think that we'd have any problem getting another speaker as people would be keen to work with JG as he won the Scottish Sports Speakers award or something like that last year.

So, basically, fingers crossed!

Frazzle

The next point of discussion was 'Flows suggestion of merging the two main accounts held (The Pitch In fund & The Share fund). This was agreed in principle, providing that John Boyle would be willing to put in writing the present verbal agreement of releasing shares to the Trust to the value of our contributions to the club. 'Flows other concern regarding the minutes of some of the previous meetings not being on the website has been acknowledged and will be sorted ASAP.

Really pleased about that and makes significant sense... Hope it all works out as planned!

'Flow

Our bowling green last year had a guy called John McKelvey along with Gahagan - both were superb. No idea how they got in touch with him though.

John McKelvey is a guy that does the circuit with the likes of Gahagan and Leishman. Seen him twice and was always good crack.

I've a friend who's involved with Motherwell Miners and I've been to a few dinners where they've had some good speakers.

A couple that they've had that haven't been mentioned are Willie Henderson who has quite an interesting story to tell with good times and bad - though not quite sure how it would go down if he tried to flog his DVD at the end of his gig :whistling: and a big Irish guy Stewart Coull who has also been really funny any time I've seen him.

Guys,

John McKelvie is a good pal of mine and although I'm 99.9% certain he'll be booked up for that night, he tends to be the "senior figure" amongst the speaker circuit and is always sending E Mails out to all the other speakers making them aware of vacancies.

He checks his E Mails regulary and his E Mail address is: John McKelvie

Hope this helps