Sunday 15th August V Hibernian

Tartan Copper

Humphrey was done. If anything he should have been taken off earlier. The only thing he really has to his game is speed and since he had cramp there wasn't much point keeping him on.

Saw him go up for a ball and land awkwardly on his foot. He was subbed 2 or 3 mins after that. Not sure if that had anything to do with it

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it this was info on the TV? I must admit I didn't see he was struggling at the game.

He was in front of the East Stand when the ball went out or soemething, and lay down on his back and got Saunders to straighten his leg, definite cramp. He looked absolutely knackered coming over for throws and corners near the east/cooper corner too. No wonder, he put a great shift in and I think he'll win a lot of fans this season by the looks of things so far.

I thought we did ok today and unlucky to be beat. Our defence was all over the place 2nd half mind you and when does big Hutchie get a game? Im very dissapointed but still hopefull of a decent season if we sort that defence out. I also dont think we should be playing Jennings and Lasley in the same team as they're too similar in style. Still the pitch was getting praise and im sure Craig Brown will sort things out.

BBC back to their Maguire/McGarry ways I see....

# 06 Hateley (Blackman 74)

# 07 Humphrey (Angelis Charalambous 84)

# 08 Jennings

Substitutes

* 12 Hollis,

* 20 Page,

* 23 Angelis Charalambous,

* 17 Fitzpatrick,

* 16 McHugh,

* 18 Forbes,

* 22 Blackman

Another thoroughly entertaining match against the Hibees that unfortunately didn't go our way this time.

First half i thought we were very good and extremely unlucky to be going into the break 1 a piece. We need a 6 yard box striker that is going to take advantage of Humphrey's crosses, when they are decent, and that sadly was the reason why we weren't ahead at half time.

Second half Hibs were the better team and probably did deserve to win it in the end with the amount of saves Randolph had to pull off. Sutton needs to harden up, goes down far to easy and should be competing for the ball in the air instead of looking for a free kick every time.

Craig Thomson had a shocker making numerous bad calls and not just against us.

Quite upbeat though after that performance ahead of Thursday night and if we can sharpen up at the back we might just have a chance of pulling off something memorable.

I thought we did ok today and unlucky to be beat. Our defence was all over the place 2nd half mind you and when does big Hutchie get a game? Im very dissapointed but still hopefull of a decent season if we sort that defence out. I also dont think we should be playing Jennings and Lasley in the same team as they're too similar in style. Still the pitch was getting praise and im sure Craig Brown will sort things out.

When he get's fit and ahead of John Page in the pecking order.

Enjoyed the game today, mostly becuase it was good to get back to the league for a bit even though the result wasnt great. Some decent performances, everyone put in a shift but a couple of daft mistakes and the midfield just completely disappearing in second half was our downfall. Saunders (and on ocassion humphrey) seem like the only guys capable of whipping in a decent ball for headers in the box, and for all the wee breaks he gets Lasley really needs to learn how to shoot.

The new guys look pretty good, and we ended up with 4 forwards on the park and made some chances even if we couldnt finish them off.

Hibs are NOT a great side, Stokes and Riordan apart there's not a talented footballer in that side IMO. They're good going forward but at the back they're howling and rely on pushing, pulling, climbing on and hacking the forwards. Thompson shafted us the entire game (apart from on this new ruling he's been explicitly told to enforce) and so it wasn't a level playing field. With him in charge you don't need to play football, just stop the other side from doing so. Pretty raging at that.

Casagolda didn't get too many chances to do anything. It would appear if we are chasing a game Blackman and Sutton/Casagolda will be the targets for high balls.

I dunno about that. Blackman, at least, looked decent with the ball at his feet, so I can see him playing a similar role to Porter/Juke when required.

He was in front of the East Stand when the ball went out or soemething, and lay down on his back and got Saunders to straighten his leg, definite cramp. He looked absolutely knackered coming over for throws and corners near the east/cooper corner too. No wonder, he put a great shift in and I think he'll win a lot of fans this season by the looks of things so far.

Yeah, didn't notice that......why I thought it was odd when he came off. I imagine if he hadn't been struggling, Brown would have taken someone like Saunders off instead. Happy with his contribution again today.

I'd be surprised if that clown even knew which team was which despite the fact he was a Hibbee. Dreadful manager.

He isn't even in the same league of 'arseholeness' as John Hughes. A man who consistently screams at his players and constantly punches his own palm as if to indicate his players should be going right through the back of anything not wearing green and white. Up there with Steven Pressley as an opposition manager it grates to get beat by.

I dunno about that. Blackman, at least, looked decent with the ball at his feet, so I can see him playing a similar role to Porter/Juke when required.

Aye, he does but the last ten minutes seemed like constant high balls into the box/edge of the box. I'm not saying it won't work now and again but I don't want to see that all the time.

Have to say I quite enjoyed that, apart from the obvious.

Should have killed off the game in the first half, even if we had went in 1 nil I dont think we would have got beat.

Big Sutton was excellent first half, his link up play is excellent. Think we might benefit from playing Murphy closer to him.

What a save from Randolph from Stokes effort, we were right in line and it was absolute top class, came out of nowhere.

Obviously came away scunnered but that was a very enjoyable game today. Plenty of spirit from the team and unlucky to come away with nothing. Not seen anything on the tv yet but it looked like a stonewall pen at 2-1 and the Hanlon goal looked very questionable. Meanwhile, we had the chances to wrap up the game in the first half but sadly we are nowhere near as clinical as Hibs.

Midfield still doesn't look right to me. Lasley continues to play in a slightly advanced role which he doesn't have vision, touch, awareness or passing ability for. Unless Brown starts to show some faith in Forbes, we need to bring in a creative player that will link the midfield and the attack. If that materialises, then I'd have Lasley alongside Jennings given that Hately continues to disappoint.

Delighted by the performance of Humphrey today, if he can keep that form up he will be vital for us this season.

Watched it on the telly so wasn't 'wowed' as much as those that were there, clearly.

I was a bit anxious thinking we were going in at HT at only 1-0 up as we were all over Hibs so to go in at 1-1 was a kick in the haw maws.

We are dreadful at defending crosses and set-pieces - every Riordan ball in looked like leading to a goal and Saunders was WAY out of position many times.

In saying that if we play like we did in the first half we will beat most teams at FP and even our Second Half performance will be enough to defeat yer St Mirrens and Hamiltons.

Obviously came away scunnered but that was a very enjoyable game today. Plenty of spirit from the team and unlucky to come away with nothing. Not seen anything on the tv yet but it looked like a stonewall pen at 2-1 and the Hanlon goal looked very questionable. Meanwhile, we had the chances to wrap up the game in the first half but sadly we are nowhere near as clinical as Hibs.

Midfield still doesn't look right to me. Lasley continues to play in a slightly advanced role which he doesn't have vision, touch, awareness or passing ability for. Unless Brown starts to show some faith in Forbes, we need to bring in a creative player that will link the midfield and the attack. If that materialises, then I'd have Lasley alongside Jennings given that Hately continues to disappoint.

Delighted by the performance of Humphrey today, if he can keep that form up he will be vital for us this season.

In total agreement again Lobey

IMO the midfield is the crux of the problem - all similar types of players.

No one player not deserving of selection in a midfield role, but all 3 together doesn't work. Forbes has the talent and skill to unlock defences, but the lack of speed deems him a bit of a luxury type player. I guess it all depends on how the team is set up!

Still think the missing link to the team is a box to box player with a bit of pace. Preferably left sided. But without doubt IMO an attacking midfielder.

The Sutton penalty incident was a close one although I've seen them given more times than not. The usual pundits commentry sided with the ref? not sure what they would say if it was The Old Firm!!

Hibs second was 100% in off an arm, although with the amount of bodies in and around the goal area I believe it would be almost impossible for the officials to have a clear view.

Maybe Browns philosophy of not arguing with official decisions, which obviously has rubbed off on the players, should be reviewed. I don't believe other teams wouldn't pressurise the officials to at least make them think about a. the decision or b. levelling out the equation with a softish decision.

The game definately swung on a few incidents (official decisions and lack of lady luck) but think overall on the 2nd half performance, Hibs edged it. I'm sure decisions/luck will balance out over the coming weeks.

And Finally - This Euro match is the biggest defining match we will play this season, no matter what C.B. says. He is fully aware that progression to the the group stage and the financial insentives are huge. The missing pieces of the jigsaw could be put in place, not only for this season, but the next couple.

If anyone can.....C.B. can.

All the best on thursday.

Ref had a stinker, mega stinker. Defence suspect at cross balls, though missed handballs, blatant fouls and clear offsides being missed by a fuckwit of a ref and his wank assistants doesn't help. Disappointed by the result not the performance. Not a passenger amongst todays players, which is a rare occurrence.

Unhappy at losing but I think on reflection Hibs probably just deserved it for their second hald display. We bossed the first half but could only muster one goal and then gave a poor equaliser away in first half stoppage time. They certainly were the better team in the second half and could have had few more but from super 'keeping from Randolph.

Good teams should not lose three goals at home. Our old failing is still there - we are kamikaze under crosses - and two of the three goals came from crosses. Needs to be sorted quick because that's the bread and butter football in the SPL.

Ref had a stinker, mega stinker. Defence suspect at cross balls, though missed handballs, blatant fouls and clear offsides being missed by a fuckwit of a ref and his wank assistants doesn't help. Disappointed by the result not the performance. Not a passenger amongst todays players, which is a rare occurrence.

I'd agree with that. We didn't play particularly badly, just need to take our chances. The wanker of a ref didn't do us any favours either.

Don't know if anybody else seen it, but I thought it was a bit harsh asking Randolph to name the members of the Saturdays in the programme quiz :D

To be fair Hibs have the best attack outside of the Old firm and both Riordan and Stokes must be on £5k+ per week - at least double what the top Motherwell earner is on. Whether we like it or not they have more resources than us.

The game itself was a good watch, if only we had held out to half time. We need to stop giving away needless and quite frankly stupid free kicks around the box.

We also need to take our chances when they come along. Too many were missed in the 1st half especially. We are not enough of a threat at cross balls in the opponents box. As mentioned when Hibs had a cross they were all over our defence and keeper and looked like scoring most of the time. Even for Hibs 1st goal Bamba was climbing all over Saunders. We get a cross and there is no pressure on the Hibs keeper whatsover. Hibs were streetsmart today and got away with it because that bampot of a ref let them.

As for the programme...effing typos everywhere. Who proof reads these things. The fixture list omits the away game v Odense and then has Killie down as a Europe league tie, whilst the home game v Odense is an SPL tie :D

Beaten but not disheartened.

in the second half but that was only to be expected as we threw forwards on, the players tired in

Randolph (7) Couple of good saves, one world class save but I'd like to see TV pictures of the two scrambled goals? Was he fouled or could he have done better?

Saunders (6) He's a young lad with a good future ahead of him but his inexperienced showed when we went behind. His head goes down too easily when things go badly.

Craigan (:D Thought he was excellent once again and played the captain role to perfection

Reynolds (7) One bad mistake but he made up for it.

Hammell (7) Good first half but was forced back in the second half.

Jennings (7) Best of the midfielders

Hateley (6) A decent enough display but he can do better

Lasley (6) Great in the first half but lost the plot in the second. Probably trying too hard.

Humphrey (6) Getting better in terms of attitude and commitment but I'm still not sure he has any technique.

Sutton (7) Got the goal but became less effective as we lost our shape.

Murphy (7) He showed signs last season but I think this will be his 'coming-of-age' season.

Blackman (4) Showed some good touches.

Casagolda (2) Not much opportunity to shine.

How the hell can you give Reynolds an 7 he was awfull, and Craigan 8 , every pass he tried to make he banged into the crowd, i am sorry i must of been watching a different game.

HUMPHREY, was outstanding today, yes a few wayward crosses but in genral he is hitting the right areas, to say he has no technique is damm right rude. Beating a man at full speed and getting a cross into the danger area is difficult, so if you have no technique you cant do that. A score of 6 does not reflect his effort today.

I am sorry i dont agree with scoring our defence higher than HUMPHREY on this occasion, if it wasnt for RANDOLPH we could easily have been on the end of a real pasting.

i thought we played well very well today and totally dominated the first half, the game should really have been over before 20 minutes. the defence are getting a lot of stick but riordan, stokes and miller are class acts, imo stokes is probably the best striker in the league at the moment. hibs will always cause us problems and on paper should be clear favourites for third. we were are slightly unlucky that we had to play them on the first day before their imbecile of a manager fucks them up properly.

we looked dangerous going forward today and when murphy, humphrey and sutton get properly into synch we'll cause teams a lot of problems. the same goes for the midfield it was a bit unweildy today but when they get used to playing together and figure out their roles it be ok. i don't think the heat helped us today either, we weren't able to keep up the same tempo in the 2nd half as we had in the first.

craig thompson is a tosser. he gave us nothing at perth in march and even less today. he seems to think that his job is to make the game some kind of spectacle rather than just applying the rules. he gave us nothing at 1-2 but when it went 1-3 he gave us a penalty because it wouldn't be as vital to the outcome. a shitebag of a man who is clearly refereeing with one eye on the inspectors report and his attempts to get up the uefa pecking order. he knows if he gives a free kick every time bamba and hogg commited a foul people would accuse him of ruining the game so it's easier not to do it.