Mark Reynolds

DEWELL

Mark Reynolds once again proved he wont be able to get a step up to where he wants to be based on his performance today. Positioning is hopeless at times and he made 3 HUGE errors that could've resulted in goals...1st half crumpled like a pack of cards to allow Nish in. 2 Weak clearance under no pressure that nearly let them in also 1st half. 2nd half weak passback which produced another fine save from our excellent keeper. On top of all that he's dragged all over the park as Riordan and Stokes have a field day in the 2nd half. Every time we're on the telly he's pants. If anyone gives us half a mill for him i'll be JUBILANT!!! I know this'll upset the happy clappy brigade but really when do we bring big Hutchie in i've had enough!!! :lol:

Mark Reynolds once again proved he wont be able to get a step up to where he wants to be based on his performance today. Positioning is hopeless at times and he made 3 HUGE errors that could've resulted in goals...1st half crumpled like a pack of cards to allow Nish in. 2 Weak clearance under no pressure that nearly let them in also 1st half. 2nd half weak passback which produced another fine save from our excellent keeper. On top of all that he's dragged all over the park as Riordan and Stokes have a field day in the 2nd half. Every time we're on the telly he's pants. If anyone gives us half a mill for him i'll be JUBILANT!!! I know this'll upset the happy clappy brigade but really when do we bring big Hutchie in i've had enough!!! :lol:

Take it you weren't at the Aalesund game then where for me, he was MotM?

Today wasn't his finest perfomance, nor was it his worst. Hutchinson has promise, but for now I'd rather stick with Reynolds cheers.

I've never understood the logic of creating individual threads to moan about one of your own teams players performances :lol:

Okay, he wasn't great today. As Pingu said, he put in a decent performance against Aalesund.

It's one game into the new season. Chill out.

Agree with the 2nd post, IMO it's a bit early to be wanting folk hooked when its our first game back against a more physical side. From what I've soon of them, the European games are nowhere near as physical as the SPL. He wasn't great, granted, but I don't think he was absolutely terrible like you're making out.

Bit harsh.

Wasn't biting the arse off his worst though.

Does anyone know how long before a game the players are expected to report to FP? He showed up at 10:30 when I was in the ticket queue, not what I would imagine is good preparation.

What time do you suggest he gets there? 9am and be sitting on his arse for 2 and a bit hours til warm up?!

I found it much more surprising that after I got away pretty sharp from the Breidablik game, none other than Keith Lasley cut me up on Airbles Road - cannae have had a shower or team talk!

Not the only man to make a mistake today. Defenders get punished big-time, midfielders and strikers don't so much. Reynolds peeled off his man for their equaliser (which wasn't a free kick anyway), lay off him. Good defender.

And yet, for all that, it was Lasley's stupidity in giving away a pointless free kick that turned the game.

Based on what?!

My opinion

So in your world, performance is linked with what time you get to the ground...?

Rushing about is not good preparation in my eyes and I'm not sure that 1.5 hours gives you enough before a league game. I don't think walking in at 10:30 was the defining factor if he played well today or not, however I don't think it would have helped.

My opinion

Rushing about is not good preparation in my eyes and I'm not sure that 1.5 hours gives you enough before a league game. I don't think walking in at 10:30 was the defining factor if he played well today or not, however I don't think it would have helped.

Right. Your opinion, fair enough. Seems to have really riled you, seen as you've posted two seperate places about it. I'd get Flow to have a word about his timekeeping as it's upsetting the fans...

Right. Your opinion, fair enough. Seems to have really riled you, seen as you've posted two seperate places about it. I'd get Flow to have a word about his timekeeping as it's upsetting the fans...

Didn't rile me at all, I posted on the MotM thread first and then repeated a bit in this as this thread was more specific.

You can have a word with your carer first and ask them to up your dosage as its not Flow's remit as far as I'm aware.

If the youth team can muster, touch base and then get down to Upper Crust for a bacon roll by 10:15 then I wonder why a first team starter isn't around.

Didn't rile me at all, I posted on the MotM thread first and then repeated a bit in this as this thread was more specific.

You can have a word with your carer first and ask them to up your dosage as its not Flow's remit as far as I'm aware.

If the youth team can muster, touch base and then get down to Upper Crust for a bacon roll by 10:15 then I wonder why a first team starter isn't around.

Good one, how I laughed.

Seen as you clearly stand about Fir Park, pocket watch in hand and notebook at the ready to record MFC employees whereabouts at given times, I'll leave you to it. But let me know who turns up first to training tomorrow will you, so I can get down to Will Hill and stick a tenner on them first scorer for Thursday...

I thought Reynolds looked out of sorts during the warm up, he may not be 100% which might explain a poor performance today

Mind you he did a lot better than anyone on the fan forum could do

1.5 hours before a match is plenty of time in my opinion.

I would expect you get there, you have a chat tactically, get briefed on the line up and tactics, i would expect that to take 30 mins - 45 mins, you get kitted out in the warm up gear (15mins), go out for a warm up (20mins) then get back in for altering to the kit and then a further 15 mins chat.

I think 1.5 hours should be enough. I very much doubt any additional preparation time would have a significant impact upon his performance. If he didnt perform (i didnt see the match) i would expect it would be done to something else.

Good one, how I laughed.

Seen as you clearly stand about Fir Park, pocket watch in hand and notebook at the ready to record MFC employees whereabouts at given times, I'll leave you to it. But let me know who turns up first to training tomorrow will you, so I can get down to Will Hill and stick a tenner on them first scorer for Thursday...

I'm only outside Fir park when buying a European ticket and as I now have one sorry I can't give you the inside lowdown.

Ballroot!

Sorry, have to agree I thought this was one of Reynolds poorest games in a Well jersey. Not going to go overboard as very few get pass marks. Good first half spoilt by very poor communication. It again in my opinion shows how really frail we are at the back if teams really have a go and then its down to the usual last ditch defending.

We may have some promising defenders coming through the ranks like Saunders but we need someone with a bit of experience alongside Craigan and Reynolds head is in another place just now. On his day he is a good solid defender, not in my opinion International class yet as many on here claim as today showed many of his frailties, poor distribution, lack of communication and tendency to get turned far too easily.

Unsure if all the talk of selling Reynolds is playing mind games with him. I don't know if I would have the correct frame of mind if the manager and most of the fans wanted to sell me to bring other people in, would make you feel not wanted. I am a fan of Reynolds and hope that the constant speculation of him being touted for sale would stop and let the guy concentrate on his game.