Kilmarnock Away 22nd August Discussion Thread

David

I think the signing of Blackman could be the making of our season. You could tell instantly when he's come on that he has that wee bit of quality about him. I think Broon will start him and Casagolda today. Both to be on the scoresheet 2 nil to the Well!

As far as the Europa League or avoiding relegation debate goes, for me that's a no brainer. Relegation for a team like us would be an absolute disaster and could threaten the very future of the Club, so for that reason alone I'd choose to stay up. Mid table and Group stages would suite me nicely thank you very much. This could very well be a glorious year for us Well fans! :thumbup:

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the signing of Blackman could be the making of our season. You could tell instantly when he's come on that he has that wee bit of quality about him. I think Broon will start him and Casagolda today. Both to be on the scoresheet 2 nil to the Well!

As far as the Europa League or avoiding relegation debate goes, for me that's a no brainer. Relegation for a team like us would be an absolute disaster and could threaten the very future of the Club, so for that reason alone I'd choose to stay up. Mid table and Group stages would suite me nicely thank you very much. This could very well be a glorious year for us Well fans! :thumbup:

+1 Pepper would love us to get to the group stages thats a bit of history right there! CB and Archie will look after our boys and I would take bottom 6 and see the Well play some big guns in Europe :drinks: this week is a huge week for a small club like Motherwell so bring it on.

Oh aye and 3-1 today for me Blackman and Cassa on the sheet oh happy days :thumbup:

I’ve got us down for a 2-1 win.

Even this early on it’s important to pick up as many points as possible against teams like Kilmarnock. They work on a similar budget and have a similar size support to us. I tend to treat points against the Old Firm, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs as a bit of a bonus as they have a much larger budget and fan base to work with.

The real bread and butter ties are Kilmarnock, St.Mirren, Dundee United, Hamilton, St.Johnstone and Inverness. Take points home and away from this group and you can almost gurantee top six.

Today's game is very important it's almost a must win as it would give us momentum going into thursday's showdown a defeat will deflate us and next up is Smeltic next sunday...4 defeats in a row is unthinkable. :drinks: . So a win today is vital and i hope we take a good support down as it's a decent day maybe get some who wouldn't normally make the trip coming out to give us support. We had 800 in Denmark hopefully at least the same today for a 35min journey. :thumbup: . 2-1 for us is my prediction. :thumbup:

We had 800 in Denmark hopefully at least the same today for a 35min journey.

my dad was talking to the OB head of security in the congress hotel the morning after the game and the guy said we sold 511 tickets and there was 499 in the stand behind the goals (nae idea what happened to the missing dozen :thumbup: ).

a cracking support imo without any need to get the sevull calculator out.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Fitzy coming into contention after Jennings getting his red card. Maybe played today with an eye to Thursdays match?

Anyway, can see Fitzy playing as a man marker against OB.

C.B. will probably have a cautious game plan due to only requiring a 1-0 win and going for it last 15-20 if needed.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Fitzy coming into contention after Jennings getting his red card. Maybe played today with an eye to Thursdays match?

I'd agree with that. I'd rather have Fizzy in place of Jenno than Forbes on Thursday.