Shaun Hutchinson?

yosemite sam

From what people have told me, and from what I've seen myself the other night, Hutch has looked quite poor compared with last year, I presume it's just down to missing nearly a year of development whilst Page has been out on loan at a decent level. I think we may see Hutchison going out on loan as the season progresses to try help him back up to speed.

Still young and inexperienced and regardless of yesterday I wouldn't (yet) put Craigan or Reynolds out the team for him. If we have plans to sell Reynolds this month he HAS to be playing to justify as high a price tag as possible. He will get his chance but he may have to bide his time.

I must point out, its Hutchinson. He's recieved injuries because he is a young guy still growing. He's only played a handful of games, Page has played atleast 3 times what Hutchinson has. Page also had experience coming through the youth set-up at a 'bigger club', Portsmouth I think it was. Hutchinson was nabbed from a Boys Club. Surely had a better level of coaching from a younger age.

Also add in that Page has always been a defender, Hutchinson only adapted to that position on his arrival at the club.

• 1 month later...

Keep seeing him referred to in other threads as our 'future' etc despite not even seeing him as a sub for some considerable time. Last update suggested he might now be back in training but rumour mill says he has lost interest. Anyone throw light on his current fitness level and likely return to play? It would undoubtedly be a major plus if a fit Hutchinson was available over the winter period.

Lost interest?? Feckin hell! There is something fishy about this whole scenario. He's not kicked a ball for us for over a year which must go down as the longest injury EVER! The silence from MFC on this is defeaning so please Flow or anyone who can let us know when or indeed IF he'll play again for us as he did seem a good prospect. :lol:

Depends on the nature of the injury, his brief spell in the first team last year might have been premature return and done nothing but aggrevate it. He's officially listed as injured for just about every game we play these days, which is released by the club along with the team sheets each week. Canny see beyond that fact: if it says he's injured, then he's injured.

As for the lost interest idea... he's probably completely scunnered at being out so long and his head might be going down so it's easy to see how chinese whispers could turn that into 'lost interest'.

• 1 month later...

Might not be a bad idea but really hoping this doesn't signal the beginning of the end. At the start of last season this guy looked immense, like the new Shaun Teale infact! I really hope for his sake and Motherwells that he can go on to fulfil the potential he showed when he broke into the team.