Odense - Europa League Play Off 2nd Leg

Tartan Copper

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We just need to leave that up to the men who know best. But I would keep it nice and tight with Hateley sitting infront of the back four for protection. Everyone else can support the front players when possible. We can't just go at them because they will punish us with the pace of Utaka. It is going to be a game of chess on Thursday. Blackman right through the middle with Humphrey right wing and Murphy left wing.

I'd go with the same team from the first leg, only with Fitzpatrick in for Jennings.

1-0 victory, half an hour of utter torture as we sit back and soak up the pressure, and then Fir Park to erupt and Stephen Craigan to self-combust with the final whistle.

Fitzpatrick did fine. Shaky start with Hammell on left side when Killie had the ball but they both grew into it. Missed a good chance with a poor shot but to be fair we don't really pay him to score. Considering how little he has played he did well.

Page was fine to start with but Mixu double up down that flank and he was all at sea. Encouraging but not outstanding.

So on that basis my team would be the normal back five. Same midfield as today with Lasley in for Jennings.

Then the big decision is who plays with Murphy. If Sutton is 100% fit I think I'd just be inclined to give him the nod but if he is anything less than 100% then Blackman is good enough so wouldn't take any risks. However whatever CB decides there there will be no complaints for me.

From what I saw on Friday we have nothing to fear, except another weak Ref and Utaka's speed.

Get into FP early on Thursday and get the noise up. Lets scare the life out these diving fekkers with one hell of a racket, and hope the boys can do us proud.

Take our chances and no cheap goals and some of Europe's Big Guns will be FP bound this Autumn.

Well guys, I went to see FC Copenhagen play Lyngby yesterday, the supposed top team in the Danish leagues. they won 2-0 but jeez was it shit

I fell asleep about half way through the second half and my mate had to give me a nudge as he thought I had died :evilgrin: . I just think Thursday night caught up with me...lol

As I have mentioned before the danish league is not all its cracked up to be, I have seen enough of all the so called bigger teams to know whats what, we should not be fearing this team at all.

If Jack and Victor get the tacticts right and sort out the Utaka guy it will be a good night to be in Motherwell. Just a pity I have no holidays left and I need to stay here. hoping that when we make the groups then we draw copenhagen (they will not progress on Wed nigh to the CL!!)...another home game for me!!

im gutted Jennings is out, id fancy our chances much more if he was not suspended.

im confident that forbes/fitzy/blackman could all do a job for us at left mid if picked.

i dont think we'll keep a clean sheet and think this tie will probably go into extra time. canny feckin wait. Mon the Well

think Id go for

Randolph

Saunders - Craigan - Reynolds - Hammell

Lasley - Hateley

Humphrey - Forbes - Sutton

Murphy

Between Forbes + Fitzpatrick in mid as I feel we`d be ok defensively with Las + Hateley sitting, for me, Forbes offers more passing and dead ball wise, just please god break his legs or drag him into the east stand if we get a penalty! If Sutton isnt fit, Id prob go for Fitz wide left for th more defensive aspect

Odense must be pretty confident of sealing the tie at fir park they fielded the same team today against brondby the only change was they stuck caca on the bench.

Helveg was on the bench for them today as well and could be a surprise start for them if they get too big for there boots coming to fir park thats the best thing that could happen to us.

they still have to fly over here and they are going to sample a much more hostile crowd than the one we faced in odense and a properly packaed stadium.

At half time we have given then a 2-1 lead if the team can find the same kind of performance that they had against aalesunds then it will be a historic night.

I'm bursting with pride already at this point but i'll be shedding tears of joy if we can do this!!!

MON THE WELL!!!

This could be the biggest game in Motherwell's history, and I am looking forward to the whole occasion immensely.

In terms of the team I'd stick with our European 4-1-4-1 formation. We don't need to go hell for leather early on, the last thing we want to do is let a couple in and deflate the whole atmos early. If its still 0-0 late in the game then we can gamble at that point.

My team would be:

Randolph

Saunders

Craigan

Reynolds

Hammell

Lasley

Humphrey

Hateley

Fitzpatrick

Sutton

Murphy

It could be one of our best nights, or it could be a letdown, who knows? If we qualify it'll be by the skin of our teeth, so here's hoping Fir Park can be a wall of supportive noise for the lads on Thursday, it could make all the difference.

Ach what the hell, let's make it really nervy. 2-1 to Well after 120 minutes then 4-2 on pens!!! :evilgrin:

Odense must be pretty confident of sealing the tie at fir park they fielded the same team today against brondby the only change was they stuck caca on the bench.

TBH I think it was more down to the fact it was Brondby they were playing than being confident or that. Brondby are the third team (if you class OB as the second) in Denmark.

We are almost never differ start 11. In total perhaps 13 players are used by our stupid coach. Today we drew against Brøndby after being up 2-0, one man more. But ref was aweful, and was directly involved in the comeback. Again, we stopped fighting and started to watch football. Fourth time this season a team scores in the last 5 min.

I'm unsure how this will go. Does CB make someone mark Utaka/Djemba or do we go with a solid team?

Personally I think Hateley and Lasley are pretty inept as defensive midfielders, Fitzpatrick could be good there but we never get a good chance to witness it. I'd stick Page infront of the defence with Hateley and Lasley infront. Humphrey, Murphy and Sutton being the top 3. With Humphrey on the right and encouraging Hammell to bomb down the left with a midfielder covering when he does so. That obviously favours Fitzpatrick though. Will just need to wait and see.

I hope we get a strong referee. we get that and the pressure on their players from the stands, they will cave in. We don't need to chase the game due to the away goal, be patient and the goal to take us to bedlam will come. Can't wait for this game. I hope we start with Blackman because they will not be able to handle his pace and skill and we should have a quiet night at the back pushing them back not allowing their flair players time on the ball utaka/djemba

My team for Thursday would be

Randolph

Hateley Saunders Craigan Hammell

Reynolds

Humphrey Lasely Murphy

Sutton Blackman

When attacking Hateley and Hammell to move up towards midfield with Reynolds moving back to join Saunders and Craigan in defence.

When defending Sutton or Blackman to move back and join the midfield.

itll be interesting to see how brown plays it on thursday im sure the back 4 will be the usual but i can see us playing it a bit cagey to start with.i think well go with 5 in midfield with murphy starting on the left and asking him to get back when we dont have the ball with humph asked to do the same job on the right.as fitzy played against killie i think hell start ahead of forbes with lasley and hately in midfield.blackman caused there defence some problems in the first game but im sure sutton will start.good point about reynolds stuwell if were needing someone to drive us forward fae midfield at pace then he would be a good option to play there later in the game

Is the game on telly?

No offence meant but I hope not. We want as many as possible in Fir Park on Thursday to hopefully scare the shit out of them.

But then again, I hope the internet telly :whistling: is working for peeps that can't make it.