Odense - Europa League Play Off 2nd Leg

Tartan Copper

I seen it somewhere on the official site that it will not be on TV or the internet.

Brilliant video of Hately's freekick on your reply. I saw that also on the MFC site that the game will not be televised. Motherwell supporters all over the country must get to Fir Park by all means on Thursday. If I was in Scotland there is nothing would stop me from being at FP for this game; it is probably the most important game we have ever played.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Big decison for Brown with regards to how he shapes the midfield.

Hateley's best form for has came when he has played in front of the defence and pinged out the passses. I don't think he offers much as a defensive midfielder but we need him to be really on his game in order for us to try and keep possession.

Question is who do you play alongside him. Obviously Lasley will start and put in a gutsy performance, could do with him not giving away needless fouls as we will be punished from set pieces. Then do you play Fitzpatrick or Forbes? One offers workrate and an ability to break the game up, the other should offer a threat going forward and help keep possession. At the same time though, there is the risk that the game will bypass the pair of them.

I'd be tempted to put Sutton in midfield, you're always going to get a shift out of him. He will win his fair share of 50/50s and is also decent in possession. he's probably the best bet in terms of nullify Djemba Djemba as well.

So I'd probably go:

................Randolph

Saunders Craigan Reynolds Hammell

..............Lasley Hateley

.................Sutton

Humphrey....................Blackman

................Murphy

I'd doesn't leave many attacking options on the bench though if we are chasing a goal??

Fairly simple ESL, if its no being broadcast it won't be on the net.

Absolutely shiteing it about this game. Choking for a Stephen Craigan winner, the guy will shout down the east stand celebrating.

Just can't see wily auld Brown, overly chasing this match on thursday.

After all 1-0 is all we need. IMO he'll keep a shape to the team that sets up not to conceed and look to pick them off a set plays and maybe a wee big of magic from Murphy or Sutton if fit.

IMO the midfield is the key to this match. Can't see Forbes starting this one, even although he has the potential to be the most creative. Just think his lack of pace will relegate him to the bench.

Had a sneeky wee feeling Fitzy might come in to shore up the left flank or to be a man marker, but after someone mention Sutton dropping back to do this job, they could be right (if fit)

The team and supporters need to be patient on thursday and not panic.

So keep the heid everyone, all the best lads.

P.S. As possibly the most important game financially in the clubs history, everyone needs to raise the roof and get behind the team.

That includes the stewarding backing off and allowing an atmosphere.

-------------randy

saunders craigan reynolds hamell

-----------lasley hateley

humphrey---sutton-------murphy

-----------blackman-------------

sutton did a good job on djemba djemba in the first leg and blackman's pace and power could cause their old defenders problems. the right back seemed to be marked out as the weak link so i'd get murphy on him in front of the east stand from the get go and try to broadfoot him.

My team for Thursday would be

Randolph

Hateley Saunders Craigan Hammell

Reynolds

Humphrey Lasely Murphy

Sutton Blackman

When attacking Hateley and Hammell to move up towards midfield with Reynolds moving back to join Saunders and Craigan in defence.

When defending Sutton or Blackman to move back and join the midfield.

To be honest a like this line up mate, ok Sutton is not in great form, but he will put a good shift in, Lasley will need to play the lead role in midfield and quite possibily the game of his life, he will need to control his tackles in and around the area, as the main threat to us will be set pieces in and around the penalty box. I like the lad Blackman with his strength and touch he could prove the difference between the two teams.

No offence meant but I hope not. We want as many as possible in Fir Park on Thursday to hopefully scare the shit out of them.

But then again, I hope the internet telly <_ is working for peeps that can make it.>

Well thank you too. :) It will also give the fans some reason can not the stadium or have to work the next day and had a somewhat longer journey.

Since it would be nice if there was a stream. If not, I will just have Twitter, BBC Sport Scotland (with Live-Ticker I hope) and of course the Steelmen Forum.

I'm confident we can win this tie after watching the 1st leg. This mob are certainely nowt special. Knowing Motherwell tho I expect to gain a few more grey hairs by the end of the game. Just hope the ref is alot better as the one in denmark was dire to say the least. Caught a glimpse of the online ticket booking system before they took it off. Main Stand Sold out, Cooper Nearly Sold out. The usual in the East with spaces at each end section. So I'd imagine the overspill starting in the south stand soon.

Would keep the team simple, the pace on the wings of Humphrey and Murphy I'm sure would cause some problems i think.

Randolph,

Hammell,

Reynolds,

Craigan,

Saunders,

Humphrey,

Lasley,

Hateley,

Murphy,

Sutton,

Blackman.

Maybe just the pessimist in me but i would expect Odense to put in a far more professional performance than they did in the 1st leg.

They know they are in a game now.

Yup. All they need to do is stop us scoring, after all... on the plus side, they don't seem to have a very good record of doing that in recent times. But tbh I'll be surprised (and delighted) if we manage to stop them from scoring as well.

Maybe just the pessimist in me but i would expect Odense to put in a far more professional performance than they did in the 1st leg.

They know they are in a game now.

I fear you may be right. There's been a lot of chat about this team not being up to much, based solely on Thursday's performance. Personally I think they just gave us way too much respect. Now they know what to expect I think they'll be far more in our faces on Thurdsay.

In saying that I hope they're pish and we hump them!

Ive watched a few of there games since we drew them. That game against us wasn't some one off performance. they have some useful players but are slack and quite panicky at the back. I really do expect us to do something on thursday. I think it will be a tough match don't get me wrong. Lets just hope it's a night we will be talking about for a long time. I will imagine they won't be too cozy with just keeping the 1 goal advantage so lets hope the pace of humphrey and murphy can exploit them.

OB Odense look like the sort of side that would buckle under pressure they hhave so little composure at the back I think we should play an attacking 4-4-2 like this

Randolph

Humphrey Hateley Lasley Jennings

Sutton Murphy

Blackman on from the bench

I would play murphy because of his european goalscoring record and my idea of playing jennings on the left is to drag the opposition fullback inside for hammell to exploit and just get at them early and try get some early goals just like against AAFK

I don't see how the club can assure that the game won't wind up on the internet....

I understand where there coming from as they obviously want Fir Park to be mobbed though.

Hope to fuck it is on the net cos its a huge game for us and I'd love to see it!

I can promise u that the game will be on the net. Already announced:

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=...amp;part=sports

It'll be on danish telly and therefore streamed online as well...

OB Odense look like the sort of side that would buckle under pressure they hhave so little composure at the back I think we should play an attacking 4-4-2 like this

Randolph

Humphrey Hateley Lasley Jennings

Sutton Murphy

Blackman on from the bench

I would play murphy because of his european goalscoring record and my idea of playing jennings on the left is to drag the opposition fullback inside for hammell to exploit and just get at them early and try get some early goals just like against AAFK

spot the deliberate mistake :rolleyes: