Odense - Europa League Play Off 2nd Leg

Tartan Copper

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm absolutely bricking it for this game. Cannot wait, a part of me is massively optimistic but when I think logically I really can't see us keeping the clean sheet we need.

One thing is for sure it will take a heroic defensive effort + a huge slice of luck to keep a clean sheet against Odense over 90 minutes.

One thing we do not need to do and usually do is give daft free kicks away around the box a la Hibs last weekend, Odense away and even Nancy a couple of years ago. If we have one weakness it is defending a whipped free kick into the box. Long punts and corners we fare slightly better but No the whipped free kick :cheers:

If we are to win I believe we will need to score 3 goals over the 90 or 120 minutes. What I would like to see is a shoot on sight policy.

Could have written what CoF said myself. Really looking forward to the game but if I'm honest I'm struggling to visualise us all very happy at the end of the game. The only way I'll relax during the game is if we go 3-0 up.....which I can't see happening. If we are going through it will be 1-0 or 2-0 but as said above keeping a clean sheet will be hard. Positives of a win are 3 more away trips, good bit of money in the bank, and I'm certain one or two new signings by next week. Feelgood factor about Fir Park and increased attendances would all but be assured......even if only for home Euro ties. Negatives of a win will be a possible poor return in the SPL and domestic cups......although personally I'm willing to pay that price.

Possibly a bit jaded by domestic and international near misses/glorious failures but I will go along and believe one more time......although ultimately it is the belief you allow yourself to feel that causes it to sting like a bitch at the end. Work on Friday is gonna be very good or very shit.

Might sound weird but if we get beat I want it to be because they were far better than us. If it is an og, flukey sclaff, or outrageous deflection, dodgy penalty, or miles offside goal I'll greet for a week.

In saying that I'll take anything against them and treat it as the finest goal ever scored if it is the winner.

Too much of a coward for a prediction.

Might sound weird but if we get beat I want it to be because they were far better than us. If it is an og, flukey sclaff, or outrageous deflection, dodgy penalty, or miles offside goal I'll greet for a week.

My thoughts exactly. Nancy was a disappointment but we knew that ultimately we were beaten by a superior team. Whilst I acknowledge that Odense have possibly a stronger squad, the gap between them and us is not as big as their team, their fans and ultimately their Manager believes.

It takes me back to the CIS final when Rangers gubbed us. A friend at the time said it was the worst he felt for a long long time. Sure I was disappointed but we knew that game was lost after 20-30 minutes. It would have been MUCH more painful if Rangers had beaten us in the 3rd minute of injury time.

If we get soundly beaten, upsetting as it is I can live with it. If as stated earlier we score an OG in 94 mins - it will take me a loooooooooong time to get over that heartache.

Still keep the faith I will go for 4-2 the Well - why not..........

Massive, massive game for the club. This one game could elevate MFC above the Killies, St Mirrens, Accies etc for a good few seasons to come. The money would bring better players to the club, better players should bring a higher SPL finish, higher SPL finish brings more money (poss Europe again) and suddenly the club is in that winning upward spiral.

I know that it is not garaunteed (look at Aberdeen) but it gives the club a real chance to build. The Nancy game was always going to be really tough and for all we held out hope it was always going to be a big ask. This is a more achievable target, not because the opposition is inferior to Nancy but simply because the scoreline is different. Odense are bound to have some doubts coming in to this game. They are away from home in a tight, compact stadium. Well on their game can outplay Rangers and Celtic (last years 1-1 v Rangers being an example). This team are no better than the Old Firm and they have the further disadvantage of being in a completely alien stadium. Truth is if this team turn up and put in a performance they will go through but there is much to suggest that it will be very difficult for them to do that.

We have to savour this moment as it is a key moment in the clubs history. If we lose then we have had the experience to enjoy but if we win we are in dreamland.

I can feel the tension all the way over here! Try this........ I was at the gym Sunday, on treadmill ( I don't get to go to motherwell games so i have to punish myself somehow ) I was just walking at fat burning heart rate of 108 ( that might give you an idea how mingin old I am )

next thing the beeper goes and machines adjusts to lower my heart rate. Turns out, as I was spacing out on the treadmill i would start thinking about the game and my heart rate would just shoot up. Go on try it!!!! I done it several times and each time i thought about the game up it went again!

:lol: Wish I could be there for the atmosphere. I can just visualize Fir Park on Thursday night, the green grass, the floodlights on and the ground 3/4 full 15 minutes before kick off. Then, the ROOOOOOOOOAR that greets the boys in claret and amber as they appear out the tunnel will be heard throughout the town. From the get-go I hope everyone sings their lungs out and are hoarse cheering on the 'well to victory. Would bring a tear to your eyes that would..........

'Mon yeeee 'Well :woop:

hopefully you are right...

but http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?op...&Itemid=133 says that "This match WILL NOT be on live television/internet so the only way to watch the match will be in-person, at Fir Park."

And myp2p have many times before announced matches that never were shown.

But I hope for the best.. in many ways.

Unfortunally the solid defence that used to be a trademark for Odense just a year ago, is far from previous strength.

Its on Danish TV so ul be able to watch the stream mate...

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=...8∂=sports

THANK FUCK!!

Nope.. Will not be sent on any Danish channel.. TV3 Puls, that normally streams the matches has said that they WON'T be sending it, but will have a commentator at Fir Park that will say something when it happens (during the match between Brøndby and Sporting Lissabon).

I am fuckin' hyper.

Hopefully anyone who doesn't normally join in with chants at games has read Craig Brown's comments and some of the posts on here regarding atmosphere, and will actually get the finger out and the vocal chords pounded tomorrow night. It's not all about the lads on the park, we've got a big part to play. And regardless of what happens on the park, if Fir Park's atmosphere's shite tomorrow night (as usual) - we'll have let the players and the management down.

So aye, if you're one of these folk who sit in silence or enjoy moaning at our own players, get a fuckin' grip, wet the vocal chords before hand, ferociously back the players clad in C&A and make sure you cannae speak by Friday morning. If you don't, you're either a mute or a c**t.

In about this mob.

I am fuckin' hyper.

Hopefully anyone who doesn't normally join in with chants at games has read Craig Brown's comments and some of the posts on here regarding atmosphere, and will actually get the finger out and the vocal chords pounded tomorrow night. It's not all about the lads on the park, we've got a big part to play. And regardless of what happens on the park, if Fir Park's atmosphere's shite tomorrow night (as usual) - we'll have let the players and the management down.

So aye, if you're one of these folk who sit in silence or enjoy moaning at our own players, get a fuckin' grip, wet the vocal chords before hand, ferociously back the players clad in C&A and make sure you cannae speak by Friday morning. If you don't, you're either a mute or a c**t.

In about this mob.

:D:D

Hopefully the stewards see sense tomorrow and give it a miss with the usual shite. With a good few thousands extra fans coming, there is the potential to convince folk to start returning if the atmosphere is good and the product on park is worth watching. So lets not have folk getting fucked out for nothing, no huge queues moving at snails pace at the turnstiles and no petty shite from the high vis brigade.