Odense - Europa League Play Off 2nd Leg

Tartan Copper

The frustrating point about tonight is that we went out to a team who are no better than us, just that they had Peter Utaka!! If Utaka had been playing against the Odense defence, he'd have scored about 5 tonight. Odense will get well beaten in the group stages unless they sort out that defence. I've never seen a team get caught under the ball so many times since England at the World Cup! If they do tighten up at the back though, they could be a decent side as in midfield and up front, they have players who can change games.

The game tonight though reminded me of recent matches against St Mirren!!! Completely dominate then get outdone by 1 player, e.g. Dorman, Corcoran, Mehmet!

I wish we had now drawn Man City at that stage!!!

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done for effort boys I don't think even our players could belive the missed chances tonight. Wee bit harsh on the Hump in a few of the comments lets face it not every cross from a winger is going to be perfect (if it was he wouldn't be playing for us!) and I think he is getting better so give him a chance. As has been said before if, if, if only...... I hate when we stand off players and give an average team time on the ball and we did that all too much tonight but we are out and thats that. 3 game run in Europe is nothing to be ashamed of bring on Sunday bring on this wild team of no hopers from the east end and lets see what we can do for the rest of the season.

Mon the Well

Deflated.

Don't think there was two goals between the teams over the two legs and the opportunity we had to get through is going to rankle for a good while. Fuck me, pop in that penalty and you are looking at 5-10 minutes to get a goal against nine men and potentially another 30 minutes against nine men after that.... :(

I can't fault them for effort, application and spirit mind you. I'm proud of the team's efforts over this Euro campaign and with just a little more luck and clinical finishing and it could so easily have been us going through to the Group Stages.

Fine margins again with Murph's lob bouncing just the wrong side of the post, Blackman's header when it seemed easier just to hammer it and Murphy's penalty just a yard the other way...

Sounds like a typical if's, but's and maybe's from a Scottish side's exit in Europe but I still think we weren't far and that's what's going to hurt.

On to the league now - so we can get right back into Europe again next season. Mon the fuckin' Dossers!!!

properly broken.

i probably need a lie down in a dark room. no idea how we lost that over two legs.

however: Steven Saunders, take a fucking bow. Pride, passion, commitment. Fucking loved it big man.

Gutted, no other words to be honest. :(

Also....Nancy, Llanelli, Flamurtari, Steaua, Bredablik and Alesunds will always have me looking out for there results but not this mob. Cheating horrible c***s.

Is Tom Hateley going to be one of those players as well that only produces for 1 minute of a game? Guy was no where to be seen and towards the end put in very little effort and generally looked as if he couldnt be arsed. Get yer finger oot.

To the other 10 on the field though. Go out with yer heid held high and pump this mob on Sunday!!

Absolutely fucking scunnered.

Never dare to dream folks, because this is how you end up feeling. Scunnered.

We'll never ever have a better opportunity than that to go on a brilliant European run and have some real glamour nights at Fir Park. Scunnered.

In many ways it would be easier to take if we came up against a much better team who pumped us. Scunnered.

Back to the sheer monotony of the SPL and domestic football, and I cannot get excited about that prospect at all. Scunnered.

Celtic at Fir Park on Sunday could have a strange atmosphere about it because both sets of fans will be scunnered.

it's called being professional which is something scottish teams can't understand. :(

they did go a bit over the top at times but it's what most teams would've done.

I tend to agree with that.

Anyone remember Graeme Smith's shenanigans in Nancy when they got a penalty (which he then saved)? I don't recall many folk moaning about cheating/gamesmanship then...

Gutted, no other words to be honest. :(

Also....Nancy, Llanelli, Flamurtari, Steaua, Bredablik and Alesunds will always have me looking out for there results but not this mob. Cheating horrible c***s.

Is Tom Hateley going to be one of those players as well that only produces for 1 minute of a game? Guy was no where to be seen and towards the end put in very little effort and generally looked as if he couldnt be arsed. Get yer finger oot.

To the other 10 on the field though. Go out with yer heid held high and pump this mob on Sunday!!

Thank God I'm not the only person thinking this! The guy never won a single tackle tonight I don't think and struggled to complete a pass. People were crying out pre-season for him to sign a new contract and I never understood it... I mean who else would take him?! The guy is stealing wages and if his dad wasn't Mark Hately there's no chance he'd be paid for playing football.

lets be honest 90% of the time hately is fucking shite folk just dont get on his back because hes scored wait for it... 2 free kicks, out of about 80 attempts

absolute BOLLOCKS folk dont get on his back because 100 % of the time Hately gives 100%. So things didn't go his way tonight, that in no way takes away from his previous performances. He has shown time and time again he is solid, and reliable,

gutted but proud

we were beat over two legs by the better team

we did have some good chance tonight but unlike Odense we failed to taken them

here to the next ride on the Motherwell European Roller coaster, when ever that will be

absolute BOLLOCKS folk dont get on his back because 100 % of the time Hately gives 100%. So things didn't go his way tonight, that in no way takes away from his previous performances. He has shown time and time again he is solid, and reliable,

All opinions I suppose because as far as I'm concerned this is utter BOLLOCKS.

As has been said, I'm on a bit of a downer as I reckon we've gone out to a team that were there for the taking - created enough reasonable chances plus the penalty, so regardless of the tactics they chose to use, we lost out due to our own deficiencies - even the early stages of this type of European adventure demands that you take your chances, albeit Sutton was unlucky early on, and the lob over Carroll not long after (can't remember - was it Murphy ?) just needed that wee bit of luck to swing our way.

Worried though how a quality cross into our box causes so much chaos, and the persistence in missing out the midfield with balls back to front - admittedly we missed Jennings, but at least playing to feet gives us an even chance

Onwards and upwards (although I don't really feel it at the moment)

MON RA DOSSERS

This is not the night for crticising ANY player!

We were the better team tonight pure and simple and over the 2 legs we were the better team. However I was in the pub tonight and someone made a point that was very true. He said Odense had 4 chances over 2 legs and scored 3 we had 4 chances tonight and didn't score 1. That is what seperates the greats from the legends.

Anyway Motherwell Footbal Club I am fucking proud of you and nothing anyone moans about on these forums will change that. We have been spoiled rotten for the last 4 seasons and anyone who wants to complain tonight I have to say get it up you! We didn't cave in like Celtic or the 2008 Motherwell v Nancy. Right up until we missed the penalty I beleived we would do it! Again it wasn't our night!

By the way Roy Carroll is a cheating fucker!

By the way I'M MOTHERWELL TIL I DIE!!!!!!!!!

he was blowing out of his arse with 30mins to go tonight. 100% effort but run out of steam. And one of thoses free kicks is why we had such a big chance tonight.

however: Steven Saunders, take a fucking bow. Pride, passion, commitment. Fucking loved it big man.

:rolleyes: Spot on. He launched himself at that cross in the secon half and missed the ball by a fraction. If Carroll had connected it would have taken Saunders head off. Brave and totally committed. Can't ask any more than that.

Pile of shite, they were no more cynical or cheating than most teams.

We defend better and take out chances and we'd have been through. We didn't so there you go.

What colour is the sky on your planet? Try calling a spade a spade once in a while, this mob took the pish, accept it and hope they lose in a similar manner.