Odense - Europa League Play Off 2nd Leg

Tartan Copper

devestated we blew it. i mean we played decent enough created 5 clear cut chances just couldn't convert them. my only gripe is we were denied another two stonewall penaltys both for handball.

Odense bk are fuckin shite never seen such terrible defending before. I've no idea how we've lost the tie - should never of got beat in 1st leg either.

gutted we went out to such a pish team

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a wee bit of info on the dugout farcas I noticed get a mention on Twitter:

PressSport Broonie said he took a swing at the Odense official after he was pushed in the back when the pen was awarded.Police asked if he wanted... ..to take if further but he said no.he said he was only standing up for himself like he used to do on the pitch as a player!

Impotent performance from 'Well and that was before a ball was kicked in anger.

As the front four practiced in the warm up only Murphy put the ball in the net... once! Despite their position right in front of the goal, Sutton, Humphrey and Blackman couldn't even get the ball on target. Only confirmed what was about to befall the team.

The hungrier, more determined team is into the group stages, and like most on here I'll be showing no interest in their progress.

What frustrated me was the fact we kept crossing the ball into the box for the strikers with only Sutton a real in air threat.

I'd rather we kept in on the deck and play more directly with Murphy and Humphrey.

Humphrey would certainly benefit from keeping it on the deck and running at people or if the likes of Sutton/Blackman etc played balls through the channel which would allow him to out pace the wingback and run in on goal.

Pumped them again, created chance after chance. Squandered chance after chance. We continue to refuse to defend crosses and get punished time and again. We made a great fist of it and had no luck what-so-ever, be it a touch, break of the ball etc.... The better team has lost the tie, for all the mouthing, Odense are a fuckin' shit team with one really good player(Utaka) who we should have taken AT LEAST 5 off tonight. They will get murdered in the groups.

It is such a hard one to take as we created enough to win 3 ties tonight. Gutted as we are unlikely to ever get as easy a draw again.

not long home, that loss was stinging at full time and the drive home hasnt really helped the feeling disperse. Few points I took from it

The Good -

1. Great crowd, 10,000 Well fans was great to see, good noise from most parts

2. Hearty performance from the team, we played a "seeded" team with multi million pound players and should have taken at least 4 off them

3. Odense, a savvy european performance. Took their only chance of the game, took their time at all set pieces and got the ball in the box,time wasted like fuck,dove all over the shop, gave away free kick after free kick in midfield where we cant hurt them.

The Bad -

1. Impotent strikeforce with zero creativity. Missed chance after chance and the failure to replace Coke + O`Brien bit us tonight big time, time and again when we needed a goal we pumped a long ball up to Blackman or Sutton with no-one from midfield running to support or score from their flicks,time and again our only outlet is Humphrey on the right,no-one to run at a defence and commit players

2. Pub League decision making and creativity in our set plays, we wasted a shocking amount free kicks + corners tonight. Hateleys dead ball delivery was embarrassing, we tried short corners,quick corners,quick free kicks and fucked up our momentum every time, the poorest aspect of our play tonight.

3. The officiating, one of the worst refereeing performances Ive seen in a long time. Djemba Djemba gave away at least 8-10 fouls and only got booked late on for mouthing at the ref. The 2 hand balls we werent given, We should have had 3 pens tonight, 1 we got a corner after an Odense player clearly punched the ball out,the other was a cracking save by the defender a yard or two out from Blackman. How the linesman,who had the clearest view in the stadium didnt even see them makes me despair. The penalty was nothing short of a fucking disgrace, ref blows for pen + is immediately surrounded by 4 screaming Odense players,takes over 1 minute to sent the offender off by which time their keeper has run away to the half way line for a blether. Keeper is back + Murphy has ball spotted but the Odense players STILL surround the ref,1 of them then moving to give Murph verbals as well,3 minutes have now passed and as everything clears the keeper decides he needs a drink and fucks off a second time. so just shy of 4 minutes between pen award and take,only 1 of the 4 odense players booked for abusing the ref, Murph subjected to harrassment from Odense players and the keepers completed a half marathon trying to be anywhere apart from his goal line. Simply a fucking disgrace!

Im summary, a combination of our refusal to replace lost players and our shite finishing beat us tonight. The officials should have been wanked on their parents bedsheets for all the use they were! And I dont care how good your bacon is or how tasty your pastries are,the Danish can Fuck right off!

Pumped them again, created chance after chance. Squandered chance after chance. We continue to refuse to defend crosses and get punished time and again. We made a great fist of it and had no luck what-so-ever, be it a touch, break of the ball etc.... The better team has lost the tie, for all the mouthing, Odense are a fuckin' shit team with one really good player(Utaka) who we should have taken AT LEAST 5 off tonight. They will get murdered in the groups.

It is such a hard one to take as we created enough to win 3 ties tonight. Gutted as we are unlikely to ever get as easy a draw again.

Thanks for the post about the game. I too was gutted, hard to take because we were far the better team and there was so much at stake. Have been totally depressed tonight, but we do have to move on as we always have to. Let's make up for it and give Celtic a good thrashing, that will be my consolation.

Sick, but what can you do?

Mon the 'Well, FOREVER. :)

We had enough chances, possession and effort to win but sadly we just lacked that extra bit of ability in both boxes. A tail of what might/should have been really. However at that level you cannot give teams two goals from set plays, miss penalties hit things with your head at midriff height and expect to go through. Tough lesson in being clinical but to be fair to our team their effort and workrate were second to none. Shame about the rule change to three handballs a penalty as we may have scored the other two!

Never got to see the game but from what I've heard no one could access it on the internet anyway! Tbh I'm glad, from match reports and the summary of the game from fans on here it sounded like a pretty frustrating performance!

Aw well shit happens! Got the Celtic game to look forward to on Sunday!

Hi all Well fans.

I just want to thank you for a good fight, it was a pleasure to meet many of you in Odense. Sadly only one team could qualify, and damn we have been in your shoes several times. Good luck in the SPL, I will keep updated about your performances. Even though many of you dislike our players (i.e. Djemba for mouth and rulling, and I agree) I hope you can spare some positive energy if we are facing City or Liverpool.

Regards

Jakob

P.s. Could be funny to watch a game on Fir Park vs. Celtic or Rangers

Never got to see the game but from what I've heard no one could access it on the internet anyway! Tbh I'm glad, from match reports and the summary of the game from fans on here it sounded like a pretty frustrating performance!

Aw well shit happens! Got the Celtic game to look forward to on Sunday!

JSC 5 had it listed but according to the Mrs there was fuck all on the telly except Celtic, getting pumped.

Hi all Well fans.

I just want to thank you for a good fight, it was a pleasure to meet many of you in Odense. Sadly only one team could qualify, and damn we have been in your shoes several times. Good luck in the SPL, I will keep updated about your performances. Even though many of you dislike our players (i.e. Djemba for mouth and rulling, and I agree) I hope you can spare some positive energy if we are facing City or Liverpool.

Regards

Jakob

P.s. Could be funny to watch a game on Fir Park vs. Celtic or Rangers

As Joe Pesci said "Funny how?"

Kiddin on mate it is a fuckin laugh sometimes.

What frustrated me was the fact we kept crossing the ball into the box for the strikers with only Sutton a real in air threat.

I'd rather we kept in on the deck and play more directly with Murphy and Humphrey.

Humphrey would certainly benefit from keeping it on the deck and running at people or if the likes of Sutton/Blackman etc played balls through the channel which would allow him to out pace the wingback and run in on goal.

Spot on mate spot on!

We had enough chances, possession and effort to win but sadly we just lacked that extra bit of ability in both boxes. A tail of what might/should have been really. However at that level you cannot give teams two goals from set plays, miss penalties hit things with your head at midriff height and expect to go through. Tough lesson in being clinical but to be fair to our team their effort and workrate were second to none. Shame about the rule change to three handballs a penalty as we may have scored the other two!

Pretty much sums it up for me.

To be honest we’ve never had a better chance than this to go through to the group stages. :) Although Celtic showed last night just how difficult it is to achieve this, even with a blank cheque book.

Well, in all honesty I am disappointed you guys are out. I thought you would have managed to get through and get one Scottish team into the group stages.

I've had a quick read through the posts, all sounded very familiar, another "we were roobbed/poor/shite/blah blah blah". Bottom line is Scottish teams are very poor, look over the last 10 years, how many times have we gone out to teams who we can hardly pronounce never mind that we've heard of them?

I take no pleasure in any Scottish teams going out, other teams supporters tend to forget it's an embarrassment for them as well as the teams going out.

Your circumstances, going down to 9 men, does bring back painfull memories of the CIS cup final, and one of your more esteemed supporters did post a long and nasty post on our site calling us a laughing stock, how we must feel humiliated, how blah blah blah. I wont go down that route, but he knows who he is. :)

Have a good season, see you all soon. :lol:

No one should be blamed.

We shouldn't be there as we didn't win.

Be proud considering we all thought we would be gubbed by a Breidablik team half way through their season.

Well done Motherwell!

And all fans who made the home and especially the away games!

:lol::):thumbup:

Hopefully an atmosphere we can carry into the league :ph34r:

Yep, gutted about last night - as BB has said we had enough chances to win through the group stages last night never mind the play off round. I thought we were unlucky vs Hibs on the opening day - and it was more of the same last night - is it really bad luck? or are we below par in the clinical finishing stakes. I'm no sure - tending towards the latter. Utaka certainly showed how to take a chance that falls your way.

We're too 'honest' and 'naive' - particularly in and around the box. No-ones saying dive - but if you're being unfairly challenged . . . . . . . . (Messrs Sutton and Murphy).

The long ball stuff is really beginning to get on my tits as well. Saunders, Randolph, Reynolds and Craigan all seem to have been instructed or given free reign to punt it long & high - and that's a recipe for disaster.

We need to start getting on to the end of crosses as well.

Having said all of that . . . . . I thought overall we were by far the better team and deserved to go through. However we've got some wee problems that stopped us from progressing and that we need to iron out before the season gets much older.

C'mon the Well

Sick to the back teeth of this Scottish disease of being good triers, nearly men shite. Fucks me right off, we just aren't good enough end of. We weren't unlucky last night, the ref didn't stop us going through. We fuckin set about probably the best team that we could of got from that draw and we still couldn't get past them or score a goal from one of the many many clear cut chances - not 50-50 but clear cut. If we didn't or couldn't manage it last night we'll never do it. One of the best opportunities that we are ever likely to get and we couldn't take it. Can't have a go at the guys for effort they just don't have that wee bit that makes the different.

still gutted

on reflection still think the same as last night - that we played reasonably well and created six glorious chances but just couldn't put them away despite showing them far too much respect at times during the 1st half.

my only gripe is the two or three other penaltys we should have had in both legs. two other deliberate handballs should have been given as penaltys last night.

we will struggle to get a better chance for the group stages which still has me on a low because Odense were extremely poor last night. they created next to nothing and some of their defending was absolutley horiffic - school boy stuff. I'm not saying Odense are a bad team but last night they were rotten and they are extremely lucky to be in the draw.

anyway onwards and upwards

Mon the 'Well

We're too 'honest' and 'naive' - particularly in and around the box. No-ones saying dive - but if you're being unfairly challenged . . . . . . . . (Messrs Sutton and Murphy).

It was the blatent shirt pulling really annoyed me. Our players need to learn to hit the deck if this happens. Last nights referee might not have given us the decisions but we really need to start asking them the question.