Odense - Europa League Play Off 2nd Leg

Tartan Copper

I'm totally dejected - we can't defend corners, we have no creativity in the middle of the park and we just don't convert chances.

We play better teams 8 times a season, so this was a poor result in my opinion.

Good effort, great response from the fans, hopefully we can get more chances to play in Europe as it is much more exciting than SPL.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come home with a really heavy heart tonight.

But at the end of the day the game is about converting chances into goals and over the two legs we must have had twice as many good chances as OB and they out scored us 3 to 1 and that's what its all about.

For all our effort they have that 5 or 10% extra quality that we don't.

Its that so close but so far feeling that weighs so heavy, reaching, stretching but never quite making it.

Ah, well.

Eh??? The reason he was a lone figure was that they quickly sussed that he posed no danger. If he crossed a decent ball all night I must have missed it. Every single cross was overhit. Sure he has pace, but on that basis maybe we should sign Usain Bolt, as his crossing can't be any worse than Humphrey's.

And I'm not being negative, I'll accept it was one of those nights where we could and should have won, can't fault any of the lads for effort or commitment, but Jacn and Victor simply HAVE to work on the boy's crossing, if he devlops that ability, he will be one helluva player

He was banging half decent balls in all first half but our players were all hitting the front post when all it would take was someone to drop off to the back, but the simple truth is we could have played alnight and not scored.

I'm disappointed at not feeling any sort of emotion tonight.

We never really looked like doing the business against a very average team.

Lacked any craft or bottle.

Paid the price for not investing in any quality during the summer, bar Randolph. We will never ever have a better chance of making history and sealing some lucrative dough.

Agree with Ya Beezer especially about extra individual quality. I do think they were better than us but only by a wee bit. In the end they played us twice and beat us twice. Tonight we had 15 minutes against ten men, a penalty against 9 and a resulting 7-8 mins where we couldn't break their defence. Another night maybe with less pressure or less at stake and we would have scored 4.

Disappointed but sadly not surprised. Been here too many times I'm afraid. Back to the SPL and domestic cups for possibly the foreseable. A good Cup run in the CIS will hopefully put this out our minds.

The behaviour of the OB officials was a disgrace and for that I struggle to wish them well in the groups.

Aaaah the Motherwell rollercoaster, such a thrilling yet cruel experience! Once again we had enough chances to get a positive result, but didn't quite have the quality required. The effort was there, and perhaps on another night we'd have scored two or three, but it wasn't to be tonight.

I'm more annoyed about another cheap goal conceded though, coming at a time when we were causing problems for their defence. Mind you the heads never dropped and they fought right to the end. We need to be more clinical at both ends of the field though, or it could be a season of 'what if'.

The penalty miss was a real kick in the balls, given they were now down to nine men and on the ropes. The ref was culpable for me though, allowing a two minute wait before Murphy was able to take it. That always affects the taker negatively, whereas a quick turnaround may well have lead to an equaliser.

Gutted with the end result but not with the efforts of the lads. They gave it their all but just came up short. However, its true to say we may never have another opportunity to make an impression on Europe as we did this season, and in many ways we blew it.

So typically Motherwell!!!

Bring on the Shellic!

Another glorious failure. Tonight we lacked quality, luck and composure. Guess that's why they play for us and not a bigger team.

Tell you what i would not want to play right back in our team behind humphrey. The guy has pace, but has zero positional sense, zero bottle to tackle, and resorts to kick in hope (when crossing) In saying that, why someone else in our team did not gamble and go to the back post is also a mystery.

Murphy was outstanding, penalty apart. He had their No. 2 all over the place, and i said at the time, that the No.2 would be subbed or sent off. I saying that all his best work was outwith the box, just like all our other attackers. We badly need a out and out striker.

Sadly we got what we deserved, and what is with this route one football. Kick and hope wont win games.

Agreed Bezzer, just that wee 5 - 10% made the difference. Also remember that at no point tonight did they HAVE to score. Would have been interesting to see their reaction however if they had, as they got 2 sent off while under no real pressure, so I suspect they might have folded. Makes it even more frustrating.

Ach well, there's always someone worse off than yourself, and no doubt we'll remind them of that fact on Sunday

Its written in the stars, its goin to be about 5 each with Celtic on Sunday :)

In all seriousness, I'm gutted about tonight. Theres just moments in a game when you know it just wont be your night, Blackmans chances, Murphys penalty for example.

I will definately be looking at the draw with abit of jealousy tomorrow because we should be there. Thats what happens when you gift a soft goal and cant put it in at the other end though.

CMON THE WELL!!!

We may have lost tonight, but im proud of the boys. Had a good run to get here and we in no way disgraced ourselves, they gave their all but it just wasn't our night.

'Mon the 'well!

I agree with that. They did play well tonight. Goalkeeper was far to good.

Kinda off topic but i'm a bit happy due to Celtic being knocked out.

I'm disappointed at not feeling any sort of emotion tonight.

We never really looked like doing the business against a very average team.

Lacked any craft or bottle.

Paid the price for not investing in any quality during the summer, bar Randolph. We will never ever have a better chance of making history and sealing some lucrative dough.

Never seen this post until after I posted but thats all spot on unfortunately.

To those travelling Danish supporter's I hope your team gets pumped as much as the wives and girlfriends you left behind did tonight, filthy cheating bastards.

100% agree.

I wish someone clocked twat Carroll anaw. Timewasting bastard.

Absolutely gutted!!

Proud of the boys for their effort but slightly annoyed and angry that we couldn't take the chances. The penalty could have won us the game i think. There was about another 10 mins after that including stoppage time and we would have been playing against 9 men!! :) Great crowd as well and hopefully these folk will continue to come back.

Mon the 'Well

To those travelling Danish supporter's I hope your team gets pumped as much as the wives and girlfriends you left behind did tonight, filthy cheating bastards.

Totally agree,some of their shenanigans were infuriating but i don't suppose they will be bothered when they go in the hat tomorrow

so gutted right now, how we werent awarded at least 1 more pen is completely beyong me, i suppose luck wasnt on our side at all tonight.

mon the well

tbh our luck was due to run out, we were very fortunate in both games against bredablik and the home game against aaelesund could easily have went differently.don't think we were really any worse than the 1st 2 games but they defended better and we just couldnae break them down.imo if you take djemba djemba and utaka out of that team we'd be better than them but they had that little bit extra quality that we didn't.if we'd scored that pen i really think we'd have got another and went on to win it but it's just typical motherwell.very disappointed though against the weakest team we could've got. :(

Aaaah the Motherwell rollercoaster, such a thrilling yet cruel experience! Once again we had enough chances to get a positive result, but didn't quite have the quality required. The effort was there, and perhaps on another night we'd have scored two or three, but it wasn't to be tonight.

I'm more annoyed about another cheap goal conceded though, coming at a time when we were causing problems for their defence. Mind you the heads never dropped and they fought right to the end. We need to be more clinical at both ends of the field though, or it could be a season of 'what if'.

The penalty miss was a real kick in the balls, given they were now down to nine men and on the ropes. The ref was culpable for me though, allowing a two minute wait before Murphy was able to take it. That always affects the taker negatively, whereas a quick turnaround may well have lead to an equaliser.

Gutted with the end result but not with the efforts of the lads. They gave it their all but just came up short. However, its true to say we may never have another opportunity to make an impression on Europe as we did this season, and in many ways we blew it.

So typically Motherwell!!!

Bring on the Shellic!

As always a very sensible and rational post from yourself, well said.

The only words I could mutter as I walked back to the car were pish, shite, utter and fuckin in various permutations.

Pile of shite, they were no more cynical or cheating than most teams.

We defend better and take out chances and we'd have been through. We didn't so there you go.

Perhaps so but there performance was a disgrace. Taking timewasting and diving about to a whole new level.

There clubs officials were an embaressment. WTF.. I hope they crash out big time. Roy Carroll - I hope your next farts a shite ya prick!!!!!!!!

Totally agree,some of their shenanigans were infuriating but i don't suppose they will be bothered when they go in the hat tomorrow

it's called being professional which is something scottish teams can't understand. :(

they did go a bit over the top at times but it's what most teams would've done.