Odense - Europa League Play Off 2nd Leg

Tartan Copper

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also....Nancy, Llanelli, Flamurtari, Steaua, Bredablik and Alesunds will always have me looking out for there results but not this mob. Cheating horrible c***s.

Couldn't agree more with this. They were a bunch of shitebags. Wrestling our players one minute, falling over a blade of grass the next. We really could have done with a stronger team of officials tonight, might have awarded a penalty earlier for one of the many handballs in the box or the ridiculous offside that never materialised. I know some have said they were no better or worse than others but I felt they came here with a game plan to try and break the game up as much as possible and put the boot in excessively. Reminded me of the Dutch in the World Cup Final actually.

However, at the end of the day, you have to take your chances at this level and we didn't. Blackman will look back with some regrets I feel (especially his decision to header it from 6 yards instead of lashing it home), as will Murphy and Sutton on their early chances. It's tough to be angry at Murphy for the penalty as it was a lot for a young lad to take on and they really made it hard for him with their mind games on the spot.

I think we need to learn to play with more urgency at times and let the ball do the work rather than running with it. There were times at the end where we were strolling forward with the ball and playing short passes rather than moving into space looking for an opening. Unfortunately, that was probably the best chance we'll ever get to progress to the group stages of European competition and we really had a shot at it tonight.

Absolutely gutted.

This is not the night for crticising ANY player!

We were the better team tonight pure and simple and over the 2 legs we were the better team. However I was in the pub tonight and someone made a point that was very true. He said Odense had 4 chances over 2 legs and scored 3 we had 4 chances tonight and didn't score 1. That is what seperates the greats from the legends.

Anyway Motherwell Footbal Club I am fucking proud of you and nothing anyone moans about on these forums will change that. We have been spoiled rotten for the last 4 seasons and anyone who wants to complain tonight I have to say get it up you! We didn't cave in like Celtic or the 2008 Motherwell v Nancy. Right up until we missed the penalty I beleived we would do it! Again it wasn't our night!

By the way Roy Carroll is a cheating fucker!

+1 my brother :unsure:

By the way I'M MOTHERWELL TIL I DIE!!!!!!!!!

gutted man!!!! :doh: motherwell till i die :P main stand let me down tonight n im sure the davie cooper couldve been a bit louder :/ <_ east stand src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_lol.gif" alt=":lol:">:unsure:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=768...=app_2392950137 - Goal in denmark

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Get to your bed Paco, you've got school tommorrow :P

What colour is the sky on your planet? Try calling a spade a spade once in a while, this mob took the pish, accept it and hope they lose in a similar manner.

I hope they get fucked right over in the group stages, had alot of respect for Nancy and Steaua due to their lack of play acting and such. Still look for their results. I will look out for Odenses but just to hopefully see them getting beaten. They playacted and cheated whenever they could and that really disappointed me, hope they get made to pay but that shouldve happened tonight!

Gutted by that tonight. They were there for the taking but we had nobody to bring on to change things.

Pissed off by the referee allowing so much time between awarding the penalty and it actually being taken as there were a few Odense players getting Jamie's face and obviously mouthing off. In hindsight it would have been better if someone else had taken the penalty after that.

Look forward to Odense getting pumped in the group stages.

Just back in and, what can I say... So much hope and expectation. Fantastic atmosphere. Plenty of passion. A missed penalty. 2 sent off. Never shouted so much in my life, can hardly speak. Never been so gutted at a football match. Certainly one to remember anyway, and i suppose- just another Agonising dip on the rollercoaster.

Like most I am disappointed. But unlike some Scottish clubs that is 2 years in a row we have had 3 Euro ties and 3 years in a row we have gone out to the seeded side. I have had 5 away trips in the last 3 years and loved every minute. Tonight it was just not meant to be.

I am proud of the players and the effort they put in. With a little more composure we would have got through tonight.

Overall I do believe Odense have a stronger team in terms of experience, nous and general build. That said we could have taken them and that augurs well for the season ahead.

There play acting, especially at the penalty was infuriating albeit streetsmart and probably contributed to Murphy's miss. Don't be too hard on the young lad. He has talent and will bag many goals for us this season.

Onwards and upwards. Just have to turn our attention to the CIS draw as oppose to the diddy Europa Cup draw :unsure:

It's tough to be angry at Murphy for the penalty as it was a lot for a young lad to take on and they really made it hard for him with their mind games on the spot.

That's the one bit of your post I disagree with. I agree that he wasn't helped by their antics (and I think Hateley was at him to let him it it too.) BUT, see c***s that are too fucking interested in what the goalie is doing and staring him out when running up to hit their penalty rather than focus on the ball and putting their laces through it. That really gets on my tits, especially when it's with 5 mins to go in a do or die European game.

Aside from that I thought Murphy had a cracking game along with Saunders, Lasley and...well, the rest really. Everyone gave their all, it just wasn't to be.

Fucking dejected.

what was going on with the odense supporters that were guests? ive never seen that before they should have been made to goin sit in the top of the south with their real fans(all 20 of them), surely they couldnt all have been club officials?

They were all in the Centenary Suite before kick off. The whole corporate hospitality was give over to them - 100+.

Still if they are willing to pay for their dinner at Fir Park. 100+ x £70+ = £7000+ tonight

Thanks for your money - don't let the door hit your arse on the way oot

When the core of your team is Steven Craigan and Keith Lasley, you dont deserve to be considered for a chance at the Europa leauge.

Not bashing their performance tonight, I just fell we need a better backbone to our team if we wish to progress as a club.

Like most I am disappointed. But unlike some Scottish clubs that is 2 years in a row we have had 3 Euro ties and 3 years in a row we have gone out to the seeded side. I have had 5 away trips in the last 3 years and loved every minute. Tonight it was just not meant to be.

I am proud of the players and the effort they put in. With a little more composure we would have got through tonight.

Overall I do believe Odense have a stronger team in terms of experience, nous and general build. That said we could have taken them and that augurs well for the season ahead.

There play acting, especially at the penalty was infuriating albeit streetsmart and probably contributed to Murphy's miss. Don't be too hard on the young lad. He has talent and will bag many goals for us this season.

Onwards and upwards. Just have to turn our attention to the CIS draw as oppose to the diddy Europa Cup draw :lol:

Well said 100% spot on :unsure:

cannae be disapointed, we made enough chances to get through but luck didn't go our way. i'd be gutted if we went out with a whimper but the team done us proud once again. the group stage could have been great but we've had three ties to enjoy, personally i've had two trips i'll never forget and it has to go down as a good campaign.

if we can keep the park in good nick and the players fit we'll destroy plenty of teams this season. i've also got a feeling wee broon might be wanting a scottish cup.

When the core of your team is Steven Craigan and Keith Lasley, you dont deserve to be considered for a chance at the Europa leauge.

Not bashing their performance tonight, I just fell we need a better backbone to our team if we wish to progress as a club.

there is alot worse out there

cannae be disapointed, we made enough chances to get through but luck didn't go our way. i'd be gutted if we went out with a whimper but the team done us proud once again. the group stage could have been great but we've had three ties to enjoy, personally i've had two trips i'll never forget and it has to go down as a good campaign.

if we can keep the park in good nick and the players fit we'll destroy plenty of teams this season. i've also got a feeling wee broon might be wanting a scottish cup.

Thats the attitude Steelboy 100% on the money. :unsure:

Onwards and upwards. Just have to turn our attention to the CIS draw as oppose to the diddy Europa Cup draw :unsure:

When does that take place?