Motherwell & Colours

decorator

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there seems to be an opinion that to be a motherwell fan , u need to be decked out like a chrirtmas tree!? Can i put myself foward to be a big oak

Motherwell’s colours can never be described as subtle and definately not for everyone. If a Motherwell fan chooses not to wear them it’s fine by me. Personally I like them and still actively look for tee shirts and trainers that have them. I would never wear a football top out with a matchday, unless I was going to the gym. Even then it would be kept in my sports bag until required.

Surely as a decorator you enjoy a certain amount of decoration. Maybe you could wear a touch of claret and amber when we reach the Europa Cup Final? Giving your big oak one chance to ‘live the dream’ of being a Christmas tree. :lol:

I think together our colours look like the sick of someone with a stomach ulcer, and although I like to wear a top to the game and/or a scarf in the winter (cos its going to the footy....thats just what you do), i'd never be seen dead in them.

Christ what next............on the eve of one of our biggest games we are doing a GOK WAN

Claret and Amber 1000 x better than boring red, blue, green, black and white. I love our colours - we are Motherwell and we are Claret & Amber.

If you don't like the colours there is a wee away top out right now which is all white.........or will the badge put some off - get a life..........

In Denmark I draped myself in a Claret and Amber flag and I am a vain bugg3r. Who cares what anyone else thinks...

Love the colours but only wear a scarf on match days in the winter and the top if i'm playin fitba myself. 40+ year old men with fitba tops, shady levis they used to wear when they were trendy and pure shoddy trainers from matalan crack me up

Colour is all part of the football.

Look at the Dutch national team supporters for example, try telling them they look stupid. When you get a stadium or a section full of colour via shirts, scarves, flags etc that adds to the experience and gives the team and supporters identity.