Motherwell & Colours

decorator

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the colours but don't wear the strips as I don't play fitba any more. 39 year old men really shouldnae wear them anyway, it's just wrong. Burst out laughing twice at Morrisons the other week, there was a Tim-ett in front of me wearing the 'obligatory' Sellick tap & trakkies at the counter, she was about 25 stone. Headed out to the car and was confronted by a H u N wi the new Rangers tap on, complimented with the 'obligatory' Gangsta Rapper gold chain hanging over the top and gold earring to boot.

Love the colours but don't wear the strips as I don't play fitba any more. 39 year old men really shouldnae wear them anyway, it's just wrong. Burst out laughing twice at Morrisons the other week, there was a Tim-ett in front of me wearing the 'obligatory' Sellick tap & trakkies at the counter, she was about 25 stone. Headed out to the car and was confronted by a H u N wi the new Rangers tap on, complimented with the 'obligatory' Gansta Rapper gold chain hanging over the top and gold earring to boot.

These types of cretins should only be allowed out at certain times in the day so the decent folk can avoid them :lol:

I've got quite a few decent tops and wear them fairly regularly especially the black Xara Polo shirt and quite a few people compliment me on the tops.

I met a young guy in Gran Canaria a few years back and he was from London but he was wearing an old fashioned Partick Thistle top. He said he wasn't interested in Football but where he lived everybody wore footy tops and most of them were Chelsea, Spurs, and Man Utd (well it was North London) and he just wanted to be different. He had a Dunfermline top as well and wasn't too sure about how the claret and amber would look, that's why he bought the Thistle top, but after seeing mine he was going home to order a couple online.

I like the colours and I like the fact that here in South Manchester I can guarantee I wont walk into someone else wearing one.

there seems to be an opinion that to be a motherwell fan , u need to be decked out like a chrirtmas tree!? Can i put myself foward to be a big oak

Each to their own I say. Some folks go thru phases, but what they heck ....... it's their support of the team that counts. Besides I can mind when Mr B looked more colourful than a Christmas tree :unsure:

I like wearing my Wark top. Sometimes the 91 top, but only really for games. Other than that it is things in the colours, but not club gear.

I don't really think choosing to wear or not to wear colours has any bearing at all on fandom.

I like it. However, sometimes I'd rather not - not a case of being worried at any ground, more if I'm going to go out and about that evening.

I love nothing better than Wearing My Home Kits about edinburgh!!! People always look at you in the kind of way that makes you Proud to be a 'Well Fan and not one the the poor wee Chavs/neds/hooligans who supports the "Bigger" teams such as Hibs, Celtic and Rangers.

Claret and Amber are My Favourite Colours!

there seems to be an opinion that to be a motherwell fan , u need to be decked out like a chrirtmas tree!? Can i put myself foward to be a big oak

I don't think that is appropriate at this time of year. It would cause confusion to a person stumbling down Fir Park St after a couple of years self imposed isolation in a nucleur bunker. All they would have as a guide to the real nature of the month would be the still leafy foalage on trees that dance in the warm breeze. Football fans have a responsibility not to mislead.

Love the colours but don't wear the strips as I don't play fitba any more. 39 year old men really shouldnae wear them anyway, it's just wrong. Burst out laughing twice at Morrisons the other week, there was a Tim-ett in front of me wearing the 'obligatory' Sellick tap & trakkies at the counter, she was about 25 stone. Headed out to the car and was confronted by a H u N wi the new Rangers tap on, complimented with the 'obligatory' Gangsta Rapper gold chain hanging over the top and gold earring to boot.

But you have been 39 for about 10 years!!!! :thumbup:

Judging by most of the posts on this topic, 50% of the Well fans must stay in all night watching Gok Wan on telly :thumbup: What a load of Crap, does it matter what you wear to the footie, all that counts is that you are supporting the team.

Although if all the well fans looked like and wore colours like Rosie from Corrie then supporting the Well would be great :evilgrin:

dxdxtl.jpg

What if I was hingin oot her like a claret n amber jobby?

I quite like claret n amber it sets us apart from most teams, i dont wear colours much although I do have a few tops, brought last years away one over here wae me which ive wore but back home id probly just wear it kickin about the house or playin fitba!

Ive got a pair of mainly amber suede gazelles wae claret stripes n laces av wore them once, mainly cos there a fuckin mile oot but hey they were 20 bangers, there gazelles AND there claret n amber!

Motherwell’s colours can never be described as subtle and definately not for everyone. If a Motherwell fan chooses not to wear them it’s fine by me. Personally I like them and still actively look for tee shirts and trainers that have them. I would never wear a football top out with a matchday, unless I was going to the gym. Even then it would be kept in my sports bag until required.

I'm exactly the same, except from the last bit that I scored out on account of being far too lazy to go to the gym.