Don't Desert Us !

mfcdez

Although tonight ended in despair and frustration , the sight of a rammed Fir Park was a joy to behold . The only way a club like ours can continue to compete in this arena is through extra revenue , which stems from the extra gate receipts .

If we can even keep 1,000 of the casual support who turned up tonight , it would go a long way in helping the club move forward . I know St Mirren in December is far less appealing than foreign opposition on a dry summer evening , but part of the joy of being a 'Well fan is the unpredictability , one moment euphoric high , the next crushing low .

Stay on the rollercoaster , and enjoy the ride .

C'mon the 'Well ! :)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although tonight ended in despair and frustration , the sight of a rammed Fir Park was a joy to behold . The only way a club like ours can continue to compete in this arena is through extra revenue , which stems from the extra gate receipts .

If we can even keep 1,000 of the casual support who turned up tonight , it would go a long way in helping the club move forward . I know St Mirren in December is far less appealing than foreign opposition on a dry summer evening , but part of the joy of being a 'Well fan is the unpredictability , one moment euphoric high , the next crushing low .

Stay on the rollercoaster , and enjoy the ride .

C'mon the 'Well ! :thumbup:

Is that them that don't wear colours :(

maybe its just fans that usually work on match days making that we bit of effort tonight in what was one our clubs biggest games years.

Nope, theyll be in the South Stand!

Call them casual or floating all you want but if people can take or leave going to the fitba I'd be surprised if a lot of them would be on here to read this.

When I was coming out of the South Stand there was a group of guys in front of me and one of them said "Ah, back to watching Rangers in the Champions League."

There's your problem right there.

Everyone on here tried to encourage 'New/Casual' even non Well fans to turn up tonight & support there 'Local Team' :rolleyes:

Result doesn't go our way & yeez start all this pish !

Can you blame folk ???

I know that some in tonights crowd could be described as glory hunters , and others are people who genuinely can't afford to attend ,or make it to games on a regular basis for various reasons , like yourself Numpty .

But surely there is a sleeping support among tonights attendees who need encouraged to return to the fold ?

When I was coming out of the South Stand there was a group of guys in front of me and one of them said "Ah, back to watching Rangers in the Champions League."

There's your problem right there.

agree with that, mind something similar from a group in the pod against nancy.plenty of OF fans just turn up to watch a game and support a scottish side in europe and there's always going to be a fair few who really don't have much interest in footie but just turn up for the occasion.

imho more chance of losing some that do go regularly than gaining some from tonight

but thats for another night, team have done well very early in the season, a little bit more flair and an older head with a bit more experience might have made the difference

however all the young uns have just gained experience none of our direct rivals will ever get

C'mon the'Well :rolleyes:

agree with that, mind something similar from a group in the pod against nancy.plenty of OF fans just turn up to watch a game and support a scottish side in europe and there's always going to be a fair few who really don't have much interest in footie but just turn up for the occasion.

They are putting money into MFC. Is there a problem with that ?

I know that some in tonights crowd could be described as glory hunters , and others are people who genuinely can't afford to attend ,or make it to games on a regular basis for various reasons , like yourself Numpty .

But surely there is a sleeping support among tonights attendees who need encouraged to return to the fold ?

I agree!

I think the crowd on Sunday will be well down on what we would probably hope for in a game against one of the OF. A combination of our fans already having spent so much on the Europa games, a disappointing result, a ridiculous kick off time and the fact the game will be on telly. Celtics fans will hardly be any more motivated to turn out either on Sunday. But in the long term I think this run will do our attendances some real good. I think we'll add a few hundred on to our average across the season from what we had last year.

Obviously most of those who turn out for the big matches won't be back till we have another big European game or a cup final but I think we'll get some to turn out more regularly.

Whether it's a pipe dream or not is there anything wrong with the OP?

nothing wrong with hoping for that but it won't happen.we are a small club in an area dominated by OF fans and that will always be the case.a lot of people at tonights game will have no interest in going to your average league game and just turned up for the occasion.

Season ticket holder until this season, and I will pick and choose games this year!

Reason = Craig Brown is one of the primary reasons as to why Scottish Football has been so poor in this generation. I see no benefit to that outdated fuckwit of a manger being at our club.