Don't Desert Us !

mfcdez

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't get to the game tonight as I was working but got out an hour early so I stood at the gap between the main and the cooper. All i could see was 'keep cig' and some of the pitch but it was my first 15 minutes of the season and I loved it. Nearly shed a wee tear when, even after being put out of Europe in what seemed like a fiery game, we were still singing at 90 minutes. I have missed the football too much this season.

Getting to my first game of the season on Sunday, can't fucking wait to be back.

Season ticket holder until this season, and I will pick and choose games this year!

Reason = Craig Brown is one of the primary reasons as to why Scottish Football has been so poor in this generation. I see no benefit to that outdated fuckwit of a manger being at our club.

PULL YOUR HEAD IN SON. Wait till i pull my blinds up............. is it a full moon the night?

TIT :tumbleweed:

PULL YOUR HEAD IN SON. Wait till i pull my blinds up............. is it a full moon the night?

TIT :tumbleweed:

Sorry pal, not sure if you know much about our game in the past 30 years, but him and Roxburgh carpet one hell of a lot of the blame for the state of our game. Ask yer da pal, or do a bit of research!

Sorry pal, not sure if you know much about our game in the past 30 years, but him and Roxburgh carpet one hell of a lot of the blame for the state of our game. Ask yer da pal, or do a bit of research!

Oh so now we have Satin as manager and all of Scotlands problems lie at his door??

He came to this club and changed it for the better and what is more as time goes on he will show his class as a manager and we will be The Well once more. Pull your head in Airfins I dont need my dad to tell anything about brown I followed his national team, and would give anything right now for a wee bit of his glory days. Anybody else?

you call them floating supporters, i call them glory hunters.

That'll certainly encourage them to come back. Until you know a persons circumstances don't make stupid comments.

To be fair alot of non season ticket holding regulars may be busy doing other things this Sunday (Bank holiday on Monday after all)

But the OP is spot on, this forum could do with folk encouraging as many as possible to go.

And it could also do without the "Am a better Motherwell fan than you" pish every week.

That'll certainly encourage them to come back. Until you know a persons circumstances don't make stupid comments.

So because i dont know everyones individual circumstance i can't comment. If that was the case most posts in this forum would be "stupid comments." They point i was trying to make was, motherwell fc will not retain any of the floating supporters because we don't win enough trophies ect. They only want to join the rollercoaster ride when things are going well but the minute it takes a wee dip their off again.

I don't think there's any harm at all in hoping for an increase in support based on turnouts like last night.

It crops occasionally, not as often as the crucial pricing debates mind you, but it does crop up now and again as how we might capitalise and encourage more to come back be they lapsed supporters, only occasional visitors or undecided potential fans of the future.

There are rafts of ideas on previous threads so I won't go into them, but given we've had to give names and addresses for buying these European tickets I would like to think that there should be a database of them somewhere at Fir Park where they could be contacted at semi-regular intervals by the club and encouraged to maintain or step-up their support of the club.

I fear that the manpower at the club will prevent that happening but to me its an opportunity in waiting for those at MFC.

I also think there's an element of responsibility that rests on our shoulders as existing supporters to encourage, cajole, drag along folk in the hope they take up the Dossers. That can often mean some sacrifices if you have to pay in younger family relatives or friends and could mean you foregoing a couple of beers etc but from personal experience I know that encouragement and welcoming into the Motherwell fold can be the difference between someone choosing to support MFC, going to the dark side or even being a fitba fan who never actually goes to any games.

I personally hated the attendance last night (prob get a kicking for this comment)

There i was bricking it, with no nails left, while two women talk all game behind me about shite, the row infornt had a wee boy that needed a pee every two mins, therefore, seen about 85min of the game.

These 'part time' or 'day out' fans are a waste of time, they come and go without a care about the club, fans, players, managers, until the next big night.

I would have been happier with 5k loyal fans cheering on the well.

I personally hated the attendance last night (prob get a kicking for this comment)

There i was bricking it, with no nails left, while two women talk all game behind me about shite, the row infornt had a wee boy that needed a pee every two mins, therefore, seen about 85min of the game.

These 'part time' or 'day out' fans are a waste of time, they come and go without a care about the club, fans, players, managers, until the next big night.

Aye but the extra 100K could maybe fund a player for our wee clique to watch week in week out.

I think folk are wrong in thinking that there are 4000 or so that go to Fir Park every week and the rest that show up for 'big games' only show up for those 'big games'.

Using rough numbers - Of the 4000 in an average home game I bet only 2500 are there every single week. If the other 1500 is made up of folk who only go to say, 1 in 3 games however always make a point of going to a 'big game' then you will naturally be adding a couple of thousand supporters to those games (taking it to 7000). Doesn't make them glory hunters, just means for one reason or other a chunk of our support have to pick and choose what games they go to.

Aye but the extra 100K could maybe fund a player for our wee clique to watch week in week out.

We wont buy a player or sign another player, if we do i'll admit am wrong.

I know the money will be used to help run the club this year but we havent signed, maybe wrong, for ages, always free's

I remember most of the last 30 years following Scotland and don't see how Brown/Roxburgh can shoulder any of the blame for the state of Scottish football today. They were both the last and most successful managers we had in charge of the national team and in all their time involved with Scottish football they were in the employment of the SFA.

I dont think its a coincidence that there has been a steady decline in both the domestic and national game since about 1998 and that just by chance that is the the time that the SPL was created so that the scum could have control of every aspect of our game whilst dominating, manipulating, raping and pillaging every other club of every resource possible. That combined with the fact that the other clubs don't have big enough balls to stand together and change the system could spell the end of our club games in Europe and the end of more and more clubs. nevermind the fact it has already seen over the total demise of the national team.

Obviously this is just my humble opinion and I am open to hear how the SPL has been a great success and that Craig Brown is in fact Satan.

Season ticket holder until this season, and I will pick and choose games this year!

Reason = Craig Brown is one of the primary reasons as to why Scottish Football has been so poor in this generation. I see no benefit to that outdated fuckwit of a manger being at our club.

Complete and utter balls!! I have no idea where you got that from...Brown is statistically Scotland's greatest manager! Away and take your mouth for a shit!

The reason Scottish football is so poor is due to a lot of reasons, the Old Firm, lack of facilities, shitey weather, XBox's and Playstations, etc, etc....but Craig Brown is not!

I guess he should have just pissed himself and then you could have got down and sooked it up.

Season ticket holder until this season, and I will pick and choose games this year! Reason = Craig Brown is one of the primary reasons as to why Scottish Football has been so poor in this generation. I see no benefit to that outdated fuckwit of a manger being at our club.
:lol:  No matter how gutted you are over a result this place always cheers you up. 

I dont have a season ticket, last year i went to about 15 games home and away, i bought the strip and whatever else from the Shop. The problem is with the SPL as a whole, the league is boring and there only 2 teams going to win it. The 3rd place and the cup is where the real competition is.

Scottish football as a whole needs to change and fairer refereeing/decisions to all sides will make it a better league and people might want to go and watch games.

I dont have a season ticket, last year i went to about 15 games home and away, i bought the strip and whatever else from the Shop. The problem is with the SPL as a whole, the league is boring and there only 2 teams going to win it. The 3rd place and the cup is where the real competition is.

Scottish football as a whole needs to change and fairer refereeing/decisions to all sides will make it a better league and people might want to go and watch games.

spot on

some of the posts on this thread are hilarious!