Don't Desert Us !

mfcdez

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have a season ticket, last year i went to about 15 games home and away, i bought the strip and whatever else from the Shop. The problem is with the SPL as a whole, the league is boring and there only 2 teams going to win it. The 3rd place and the cup is where the real competition is.

Scottish football as a whole needs to change and fairer refereeing/decisions to all sides will make it a better league and people might want to go and watch games.

What a lot of pish.

People need to realise we are a wee nation the majority of whom are sucked into the belief that If the support Celtic/Rangers (delete as appropriate) then that'll make them a good Catholic/Proddy (delete as appropriate).

There is only two teams that win the league here. It's also the same in England, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Portugal and on and on.

Referees are shite, not unfair, but they are no worse than anywhere else in the world, anyone who thinks so is foolish.

Is the decisions thing to with refereeing to? cos the only other decisions that matter are decided by the twelve members of the SPL. which we were a founding member of

I dont have a season ticket, last year i went to about 15 games home and away, i bought the strip and whatever else from the Shop. The problem is with the SPL as a whole, the league is boring and there only 2 teams going to win it. The 3rd place and the cup is where the real competition is.

That's where I'm at. I came away from last night thinking 'what's the point?' What's the point in going to Motherwell v St Mirren, or Inverness v Motherwell every week when the BEST we can do is get into Europe, get to last night, the BEST opportunity of progressing in terms of finance, crowd, players, stature, big games and STILL fuck it up?

The SPL is chronic, 2 average sides with arsehole fans run the shop and the rest battle for scraps. Don't get me wrong I love going to the fitba' but for me there has to be some excitement - cups for example where there is a realistic goal or away games to decent places like Edinburgh as it is more than just turning up, sitting in a plastic seat and watching dire crap for £20 it is a day out on the train and in the pubs.

I know i'll get slaughtered for this but I don't really give a fuck, it's my leisure time and my hard-earned and at 26 I am already pretty fed up. I guess our goal for years was get up the league, get into Europe - you know what that cheesey film 'The pursuit of happyness' has a point and perhaps in the last 3 years we have been starved of the pursuit by actually getting to Europe and realising it is all bollocks anyway.

What now? That was our chance last night. I can't begin to imagine how excited I would be to be in the groups, I guess because it is different. But now. The SPL? £20 a week to watch a team finish 7th, 6th - that's fine for many and fine for some too who see the bigger picture and wish to kick on from it. But we have nowhere to kick on to! That was it, last night.

I'm talking pish, better stop. I still love the 'Well. I hate them too though. I think we all do, all the time!!

That's where I'm at. I came away from last night thinking 'what's the point?' What's the point in going to Motherwell v St Mirren, or Inverness v Motherwell every week when the BEST we can do is get into Europe, get to last night, the BEST opportunity of progressing in terms of finance, crowd, players, stature, big games and STILL fuck it up?

The SPL is chronic, 2 average sides with arsehole fans run the shop and the rest battle for scraps. Don't get me wrong I love going to the fitba' but for me there has to be some excitement - cups for example where there is a realistic goal or away games to decent places like Edinburgh as it is more than just turning up, sitting in a plastic seat and watching dire crap for £20 it is a day out on the train and in the pubs.

I know i'll get slaughtered for this but I don't really give a fuck, it's my leisure time and my hard-earned and at 26 I am already pretty fed up. I guess our goal for years was get up the league, get into Europe - you know what that cheesey film 'The pursuit of happyness' has a point and perhaps in the last 3 years we have been starved of the pursuit by actually getting to Europe and realising it is all bollocks anyway.

What now? That was our chance last night. I can't begin to imagine how excited I would be to be in the groups, I guess because it is different. But now. The SPL? £20 a week to watch a team finish 7th, 6th - that's fine for many and fine for some too who see the bigger picture and wish to kick on from it. But we have nowhere to kick on to! That was it, last night.

I'm talking pish, better stop. I still love the 'Well. I hate them too though. I think we all do, all the time!!

You're talking perfect sense mate, but then I've just been to big Rocky's 21st and been on a bar tab all night. :thumbup:

If you are serious about getting us floating supporters back then you have to make it a worthwhile experience for reasonable amount of money.

Take the increase in numbers on Thursday. Where was the incentive to come back. Free flag for yer kid, money off the next game? My first football match ever was when Celtic played Motherwell at parkhead. My uncle took me to see his beloved Celtic. Then I spoke to my dad and he took me to his beloved Motherwell and that was me. Motherwell. Get them young. Break the so called religious support turning up to the olfd firm

Yet on thursday where is the impetus to bring yer kid, where is the impetus to make it an experience for them. Perhaps someone could even tell me is there a program to encourage kids along. For instance craigen going to a school - invite a scout group etc (that sounds bad when I read it back but you know what I mean)

Get some deals for the folk to make it easier in their pocket in these financially difficult times. Always suprised me how we don't do deals. I can't make it due to various reasons at the weekend but buy one ticket bring a kid for free. Buy one ticket money off next home game. Buy three tickets for consequtive weeks, get money off, buy a ticket, get 10% off from the shop or hospitality or on a week day bring the family to a local restaurant even the hospitality restaurant during the week - orange do two for one on a wednesday get in touch with the local cinema and tell them hospitality 2 for one as well. One of the guys on here posted about clydes season ticket, how it got you money off local retailers. There is an idea we should be pinching. Helps Motherwell helps build links throughout the town. Boyle alledgedly tried this but to my mind it was only for a few games.

Here is even a thought buy one ticket get next one half price if it is away or half price travel on a bus to the game. Gets support coming if they know that these deals are on the cards even a flag on each seat. Gets some atmosphere (see post re main stand) going. We appear stuck in the model that it is season tickets or pay at the gate. Mon Eileen get the finger out.

In football, match day is your day for making money. Lets try and open it up to other days other nights. get the revenue in get better team get better results get more arses on seats. Yes might sound like glory hunting but ask yourself why did you become a fan of motherwell. Family? Did they win the first game you saw?

Then look to make it a 16/18 team league. It is too boring knowing you will play each team 4 times. Then games against your main rival takes on more of a significance. Real 6 pointers. Use the facilities at toryglen. Get out and about in toryglen, open nights to see the team train etc. Craig brown could even do his own martial arts class.

Mon the well

Same age as you mate and I've been there a few times. Not this time though and that's probably purely down to Brown & Knox. Regardless of the quality in the current squad, I know the players will give it their all every week. A wee cup run might arise out of nowhere, we may unearth a gem of a player, you just never know.

In the meantime, you can look forward to International week.

got to say, i spotted a few mates of mine that are rangers fans in the east stand, i turned to one of the and shouted " get out, you dont belong here" as a joke. but in all seriousness though, its these folk that kill the atmosphere, worst one i have seen is the nancy game, somthing just didnt feel right at that game and i put it down to the drifters.

Christ...

If those "glory hunters" hadn't forked over their £20 and came to the game i'm fairy sure we'd be reading complaints about no one showing up.

The simple fact of the matter is, Scottish football isn't value for money anymore.

There are much better things to spend your £20 ticket money on at the weekend, plus you can sit in and watch world class football on Sky.

Until this changes and we see reasonable ticket prices for more than the odd game here & there, we'll continue to attract the same core of fans as we always do.

Every time we have the opportunity to make an impression on the floating fan we make a c**t of it.

Other than a couple of games in 1991, during my lifetime that's been the way of things.

We have a very loyal hardcore support, with a decent amount of add-ons/floaters when the game and the price are right.

There are well over 1.5million people within a 25mile radius of FP, however the majority of them pledge their loyalty to the Sectarian Twins.

I think we do not too bad when compared to Airdrie, Hamilton, Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Falkirk, Partick Thistle, Albion Rovers, Livingston, and Stirling Albion ..... all teams in areas with bigger populations than Motherwell.

There are well over 1.5million people within a 25mile radius of FP, however the majority of them pledge their loyalty to the Sectarian Twins.

The majority may follow the Old Firm, but I doubt that many of them actually go to the games.

I know a good few people who proclaim to be Celtic or Rangers "fans", but who wouldn't hand over £20 to see them, never mind whatever their charging these days.

Oh so now we have Satin as manager and all of Scotlands problems lie at his door??

He came to this club and changed it for the better and what is more as time goes on he will show his class as a manager and we will be The Well once more. Pull your head in Airfins I dont need my dad to tell anything about brown I followed his national team, and would give anything right now for a wee bit of his glory days. Anybody else?

Craigy Brown - Textile Overlord.

Also soul destroying how you can go from odense at home - electrifying atmosphere! too celtic at home, pish!, apart from the usual last section in the east! Alot more fans need to get involved in the singing and get behind the well, Got told u couldnt here the motherwell fans atol on the tele!

Also soul destroying how you can go from odense at home - electrifying atmosphere! too celtic at home, pish!, apart from the usual last section in the east! Alot more fans need to get involved in the singing and get behind the well, Got told u couldnt here the motherwell fans atol on the tele!

I know its actaully quite embarrassing how apart from one wee section the rest of the fans don't create any atmoshpere apart from the odd song which lasts for about twenty seconds. Doesn't take them long to make some noise after a bad pass or a dodgy refereeing decision right enough.

Well and truly deserted!!!

Think a lot of people (even regulars) will now be picking and choosing which games they can be arsed going to after the Odense game. Celtic certainly aren't a draw that's for sure. Scottish Cup game(s) will have a great attendance and atmosphere as usual. There is a good 20 people who I know that are former ST holders that we will never get back due to the monotony of the SPL and that number will be ever increasing season after season.

Same age as you mate and I've been there a few times. Not this time though and that's probably purely down to Brown & Knox. Regardless of the quality in the current squad, I know the players will give it their all every week. A wee cup run might arise out of nowhere, we may unearth a gem of a player, you just never know.

In the meantime, you can look forward to International week.

Year younger, agree, fed up wae the hum drup crap of the SPL, i find the EPL sooo much more interesting.

Well and truly deserted!!!

Think a lot of people (even regulars) will now be picking and choosing which games they can be arsed going to after the Odense game. There is a good 20 people who I know that are former ST holders that we will never get back due to the monotony of the SPL and that number will be ever increasing season after season.

Aye and it's a dangerous game. Once your out of the habit you really have to ask questions about £30 all in on transport, food etc.. on a trip to Fir PArk to watch us play Inverness in the SPL. £40+ if you have a couple of sprogs.

I also know plenty that just don;t go - don't even contemplate going on a Saturday! It is the habit that just 'makes' you go every week, break the habit and you may not even 'miss' it.

Strange but I am giddy at the prospect of heading up to Brechin on a Tuesday after work to see us play in the CIS and have NO will whatsoever to see us play in the SPL this season. I guess there is an actual goal in the CIS whereas we have achieved everything the SPL has to offer us (3rd, Europa Playoffs).

In saying that I am going to be at McDiarmid (for scoop), FP for Aberdeen as I am in Motherwell anyway that day, and Tynecastle (for scoop) - and Brechin so we'll see what happens - perhaps i'll catch the bug again!!

I dont think I can ever foresee a time where I would desert the club I've supported for nigh on 50 years.

However,there is nothing worse than getting yourself all built up for a big match and then finding that the team doesn't turn up on the night

While the Nancy game was a case in point, there is no doubt they were a far better side than us so that outcome was never assured, but the Odense result is one I will find hard to get over.

We had the beating of them over there, and were by far the better team.

To compound that with an ineffectual display against one of the worst Celtic sides in living memory was an added kick in the teeth.

I'm fed up seeing us go down with a whimper, it's soul destroying.

When I saw the group that Odense got drawn into, I swear I heard the voice of Jim Bowen chortling "Look at what you could have won"

Celtic at home used to be a wee bit exciting. Lets face it hate both sides of the OF but it felt like an end of season meaningless chaff game in comparison to the europa league match.

It'sn not just the SPL that have attendances down. The Premiership, Serie A and La Liga (bar a few games will ave a fair few half empty stadiums - I expect San Moix to not get close to what they had against Real Madrid - even when Barcelona come to town, although it will be interesting when Villarreal come to town). So what is there problem? as we're still one of the most attended countries in the world.

As for atmosphere, the English leagues are not really that much better tbh, even with their purpose built stadiums and more than half full stadiums they're isn't much atmosphere unless the home team disagree with something - which tbh that is easilly heard at Fir Park to through the TV.

So because i dont know everyones individual circumstance i can't comment. If that was the case most posts in this forum would be "stupid comments." They point i was trying to make was, motherwell fc will not retain any of the floating supporters because we don't win enough trophies ect. They only want to join the rollercoaster ride when things are going well but the minute it takes a wee dip their off again.

Have you ever considered people may have to spend their money on more important things than watching football on a reegular basis