• Stephen Craigan
    • Keith Lasley
    • Chris Humphrey
    • Tom Hateley
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Nick Blackman
    • John Sutton
    • Null Vote

lasley for me, he was superb. he won loads of tackles, knew when to foul, used the ball well, was unlucky not to score and was everywhere. we missed him badly on sunday and hopefully it'll be a rainy day on sunday so he can put in another solid 90.

saunders is the runner up for me. did everything that was asked of him and more. he'll soon shut the doubters up.

murphy did well too but wasn't in the game for the first 25 mins of the second half due to us going long ball.

blackman should be back on the bench for sunday. nae right foot and cannae head the ball from what we saw tonight.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont care what age he is or if it was his 2nd start if a striker cant decide wether to head a ball or kick it 5 yards in front of goal with no other player near him then yes he is shite.

it doesnae make him shite that he missed a chance, it makes him shite that he reapeatedly missed.tbf he got into good areas and looked a threat although not the best end product.

Aye that's it, one miss and your a fanny! Get to fuck Blackman. Who cares if you won the free kick last week and scored the winner on sunday. You commited a cardinal sin and missed a sitter! Get to fuck!!

Aye, that Jutkiewicz was shite when he came anaw, dunno why we stuck we him, or that c**t Clarkson.

Fucking hell. The mind truly boggles.

it doesnae make him shite that he missed a chance, it makes him shite that he reapeatedly missed.tbf he got into good areas and looked a threat although not the best end product.

Agreed he did get into good positions ill give him that

I was in the Cooper stand and couldnt believe how bad it was.

I guess Im just still raging at the game and lookin to blame somebody and that miss is playin over and over in my head.

Shouldve took a while to think before blown ma top :unsure:

The worst player I have to say was Blackman, he was a waste of space out there tonight and should be on the first bus back to blackburn.

I was in the Copper stand and couldnt believe how bad he is when the ball landed at his feet 5 yards out and he tried to head it and kick it at the same time :dash2::dash2::dash2:

He had a couple of chances to get a shot away but wasted time.

I might be alone on this :tumbleweed:

But if hes supposed to be a striker he should be able to shoot on sight and not panic like a school kid. :wacko:

Utter shite if you dont mind me saying.

That Copper stand isnt the best view mind you, criminal.

Murphy was our best player by a distance in my opinion.

Lasley was by some distance the worst footballer in the park! He would struggle to get invited back to a 5 a side game! Very much the player that got released by a coca cola league 1 team! Think Keith (try hard as he may) may be best placed looking for a job in a call centre.

Thought Craig Brown had a nightmare also, no subs???? 4 defenders against no attackers for a while........Jim Gannon's stock rose even more tonight for me!

Bring Back Gannon!!!!

what did humphrey do to merit man of the match. Yes he ran at their defence, but his final ball tonight was awful. He aslo did not track back on many occasions. He seldom looks up and pick out a player to cross it, and basically just hits into the box blindly.

Dont get me wrong, i would love him to turn into a good player, but from what ive seen he needs to do alot of work.

Fuck off.

Humphrey got some abuse so far on this thread, look 6 months ago he couldn't even dribble a ball, now look at him. I reckon by November he'll get his crossing sorted if the leaps and bounds he is coming on with so far is anything to go by. It's been claimed that his crosses were good enough, just there was no support. There is now someone who looks equally fast and tall enough to leap for a header in Blackman, as a result I hope that excuse can't be relied upon and the quality of his final ball is worked on going forward.

Its all a fair point. However, it's becoming clearer with each passing game that Humphrey has a decent cross on him. It's always going to the back post area, our strikers are fucking idiots for not being able to capitalise on this. Casagolda did in the Killie game and it paid dividends. Sutton seems to have realised this, but he was played too deep to actually be in the box to recieve a cross. Humphrey whips the ball in with pace, which is what we need. How many times did Carrol come and collect crosses? None of them were from Humphrey.

If Humphrey gets much better, we'll struggle to hold onto him.

Lasley needs to get his fucking head out of his arse. There are folk other than Tom Hateley and Stevie Hammell in the team. The number of times he gave Humphrey the nod for the ball over the top then passed it in the other direction was fucking ludacris. That's my only real qualm from tonight.

Oh aye, if anyone finds Tam Hateley there might be a reward, been missing since 19:45 tonight.

FTD, I'd have brought someone on for Hateley before 70 minutes. Litterally anyone. He was barely moving and hindered us going forward as Lasley had to track back as Hateley was useless at doing so, this meant we had no midfield support when pumping high balls up field. The amount of time Hateley was having on the ball at the end was insane, yet he still managed to do fuck all with it. Someone with fresh legs should have came on to run at them.

I totally agree that the game would have been too fast for Forbes, but you never know, he may have done something special. Maybe he'd have passed to Humphrey all those times he was unmarked.

Who would you have brung on?

The pace of the game would have passed Forbes by and there was no-one who was having a mare.

As for Lasley, I thought Traore ran the game in the first half hour, just a pity Lasley was chasing him.

Forbes managed to look okay against Steaua last season, who I would say were at least an equal of this team!

By playing the 442, we never had control of the game whatsover. Craig Brown should have changed it far earlier / at some time.

Tonight was calling out for the 4321 to dominate the game, as we dd 2nd half last week. If we dont have the players for midfield - why did he sign 2 strikers when we have McHugh??

Lastly, for what it's worth, Fitzy would have been no worse that Lasley, and as he is 7ish years younger, I would much rather have him in the team.

I agreed with Frazza on this one.

Hateley offered us nothing tonight apart from being a danger at set peice.

Dont even start me on Lasley, will always be a poor mans Jennings.

MOTM, I'll go with Murphy.

He didn't even offer us that tonight. Anything that was floated in, Carroll collected with ease.

Forbes managed to look okay against Steaua last season, who I would say were at least an equal of this team!

By playing the 442, we never had control of the game whatsover. Craig Brown should have changed it far earlier / at some time.

Tonight was calling out for the 4321 to dominate the game, as we dd 2nd half last week. If we dont have the players for midfield - why did he sign 2 strikers when we have McHugh??

Lastly, for what it's worth, Fitzy would have been no worse that Lasley, and as he is 7ish years younger, I would much rather have him in the team.

So you would bring a player on because he had a decent game 13 months ago ?