The Main Stand - You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself!

nethertonwellfan

Totally don't agree with all the making an atmosphere shite. If you want to do that, you know where to sit/stand. If you want to sit and watch the game, you know where to sit.

Don't be pulling the main stand folk up for not singing there hearts out for 90 minutes. It's never going to happen, why do folk think that all of a sudden for a big game that they people who sit there week in week out are going to change for one game?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't go that far :lol:

I just want a bit of passion! At least am no slating the players like half of the tubes on here!

Listen mate if you took in half of this pish we should shoot The Hump, Blackman is a dick, Hatley is a two freekick man and Craig Brown and Archie are the reason scotish football is in this state. Passion is what any club needs, and I think we have the start of it. We have hope....... hope that this season we can do well in a cup or even better the SPL.

Mon the Well and mon the supporters get behind yer team :)

....We have hope....... hope that this season we can do well in a cup or even better the SPL.

Don't know about you mate but that's what I feel like at the start of every season, only to look back in May and think about games where we played like tonight, wondering what could have been if only we had managed to score in games where we out classed the opposition but failed to take our chances - the joys (?) of supporting the 'Well.

Totally don't agree with all the making an atmosphere shite. If you want to do that, you know where to sit/stand. If you want to sit and watch the game, you know where to sit.

Don't be pulling the main stand folk up for not singing there hearts out for 90 minutes. It's never going to happen, why do folk think that all of a sudden for a big game that they people who sit there week in week out are going to change for one game?

That must be the most sensible post you have ever written on here :)

Ya bawsack :lol:

Don't know about you mate but that's what I feel like at the start of every season, only to look back in May and think about games where we played like tonight, wondering what could have been if only we had managed to score in games where we out classed the opposition but failed to take our chances - the joys (?) of supporting the 'Well.

It is the joys stuwell and I hear loud and clear what your saying. Maybe this season will be the one :) maybe next but thats the joy of being in claret and amber and I love it!

Bring on sunday and MontheWell!

So we have a thread where we are asking the casual fans to keep coming back (which whilst I do believe this ask is a bit misplaced as most of the people on here are very regular attendees and the ones who aren't a good number are exiled and would attend if they could....I do appreciate the intention) but now we have a thread that says if you do come back but don't act or respond in a certain way then you are a disgrace! Riiiiight!

Imo that is just mental.

Theres a good few "supporters" who turn out for the european games at fir park - in other words there Rangers or Celtic fans who stay in the surrounding area!

I'd estimate about 400 plus of our fans last night were Rangers or Celtic fans.

Obviously you get part time fans turning out for the big games (add 1500 - 2000) and last night was a golden opportunity to sustain that for the european games at least.

Game on sundays on the box so I'd be surprised if we can manage more than 4000 fans!

edit: actually, fuck it, and fuck you. I sit in the main with my 95 year old grandfather and my 1 year old nephew, who both have the right to do whatever the fuck they like watching the fitba.

I was in the main stand tonight - it doesn't even deserve it's true name - and I tried my hardest to get them to join in with the rest of the well fans. However, I was fighting a losing battle as the fans had no desire or passion to get behind the team!

If anyone on here was in the main stand tonight where the fucking hell were you ? You went missing tonight when you team needed you most! You moaned at any misplaced pass yet didn't sing when we needed you!

You should be ashamed of yourselves and thank god i'm in my usual seat in the East stand on Sunday. I was pishing against the wind tonight.

As for the boys in the East and Cooper well done you tried your very best :notworthy:

As one of the ashamed pariahs who sit in the POD, I find this post reassuring. For a while now, I have wondered what it would take to get an atmosphere going all round the ground, as from the vantage point of sitting across from the East, the only regular singing and chanting that can be heard is from the young boys at the south end of the East Stand, apart from the very occasional burst that goes round the ground when something on the p[itch gets people going.

Yes, the noise from the East and Cooper was brilliant last night and, on this occasion, far better than the POD, but don't hold them up as being so much better than the POD at the normal games when we're not all hyper about a Euro tie that we've been creaming ourselves about for a week beforehand. Try sitting in the POD when we play Aberdeen or St Mirren and you might get a different view of the level of atmosphere from the rest of the ground.

Everyone who gets off their arse to come and watch Motherwell does so in their own way - and I'm willing to bet the average age of those in the POD is slightly higher than anywhere else in the ground, so there is more chance of there being a bigger percentage in this stand who are more quiet in their approach. Are we going to welcome everyone who loves the 'Well to the ground, whatever their demeanor, or only the outgoing sorts?

Or, and this is the reassuring bit - does your post mean that we can look forward from now on to regular and continuous singing and chanting from all of the East, not just one section at an end of it?

Get real - the atmosphere in the ground in general is nowhere near as good these days as it used to be when three sides of it were standing. We're all fuckin' despondant after crashing from a great height last night - taking it out on one section of the support isn't going to make you feel any better.

I have never heard so much shite in my life, " no singing or passion from the POD stand " had nothing to do with the result last night. We are out because we could not convert loads of good chances against an average team, and missing penalties against 9 men !!

Jumping up and down and acting like a dick wont help the team, i am a season ticket holder in the POD stand and there is no lack of passion at any game, so stop making ridiculous posts blaming other well fans for the result last night.

Netherton, I sit in the POD did my time in the East Stand, before there were seats with the fence and real sing songs and atmosphere, now I sit in the POD shouting me feckin head off but not singing along but supporting my team, in my way, after spending my cash. If you have a problem with that you can lick my baws ya wee dick.

Come and tell me you have a problem with the way I support the team the next time you are in the POD, I'll happily tell you to fuck off.

You're in no position to criticise any one, you didn't show much enthusiasm for supporting the team that night.

I could have witnessed history.................but I was a fud and left at 6-2!!!!

Once again all the "im a bigger fan because i shout" "i pay my money ill do what i want" carry on starts.

FWIW, I dont sing at the games and in no way does this make me less of a fan than someone who sings for the full 90 mins. We got tickets for the end of the east stand and eventually got moved to the south stand because I paid for a seat, I want to be able to sit in it. I couldnt see at all, wasnt interested in standing up and singing and also, I had a back op recently and it was hurting me to stand. My point is everyone may have their own reasons for not "creating an atmosphere" as it were.

It is up to the individual how they want to act. Here we go again, the boo boys, the happy clappys etc etc. Give yourself a break and act how you want and dont bother about anyone else. Your wasting your time. If the first poster thinks because he posted here that the POD stand will sing at the game on sunday his head is in the clouds. No one can tell anyone else how to act at a game.

Whilst my previous posts will confirm that I don't believe in this I'm a better fan than you shite, there were some complete bawbags in the Cooper Stand who we a fucking disgrace.

These are guys who are there week in week out but it's the first time I have had the misfortune to be sitting so close.

About 8 of them and most of them spent the entire time shouting abuse at the entire first team, and CB.

Hamell was a gutless bastard, Hateley and Humphreys were enlish bastards, CB was an auld useless bastard, Sutton was a lazy bastard........you get the picture.

Whilst I don't go in for the happy clappy stuff some encouragement wouldn't do any harm <_>

2 of the fuds seemed more interested in the fact that Celtic were get humped....."aye at least they f****n bastards are oot" :wallbash:

My subtle tactic to try and get a response was to resort to calling Carroll and dirty orange h*n reject bastard........ :thumbup: seemed to do the trick, said fuds were none to happy <_>