Celtic - Home 29th August - Discussion Thread

TAM

i hate Maloney. He goes down when the wind blows him

Exactly, did that at the start of the game. He is a grade A wee fanny. Typical tim. No wonder villa got shot of him. wee prick.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a wish craig burley would fuck off !!

He is a total c**t of the highest order. A horrible man. Beleive it or not that was one of his 'better' games he usually has nothing, NOTHING good to say about Motherwell or the SPL in general about the SPL - does ma nut in he takes a wage from it!

And Maloney crumpled by the way.

Although we were pish so hey ho.

that has to be 1 of our worst attacking performances in recent years, 2 half chances in 90 mins against any team is pretty dire.both teams looked tired but the level of passing was poor and humphrey didnae get a look in against the honduran guy.imo it's just as well they had been playing midweek because if they'd been sharper and more at it we could've been hammered.we'll need to do better if we're gonnae be in the top half and the break has come at a good time.

What a shite performance, An awful Celtic team who were there for the taking and they won the game at a canter. Shocking goal to lose,why the fuck were we so far up the park? the pen was soft as fuck but its always going to be given for the old firm and maloney is a diving wee c**t anyway so he was never staying on his feet either.

Craigan was horrendous, couldnt pass water and lost his man so much I thought he was playing hide and seek, Hateley was shite again, why cant we pass the ball to our own players from 5 yards? tactics were either completely wrong or non existant, its always a bonus to pick up points against the old firm but lets be honest here, that Celtic team is fucking terrible. And yet they still won without breaking sweat

And as for attacking, Murphy will run all day but is gonna do fuck all out wide with 3 or 4 men to beat before he gets a chance to shoot and Humphrey was annonymous today as we insisted on waiting till he was marked to pass to him, everyone knows his weapon is pace, he hasnt the skill to skin 1 or 2 men. We are completely toothless and unless we bring in a creative midfielder or left winger before tues were never gonna be anywhere near top 6 and it will be a fucking long and awful season after a promising start.

We were always going to be struggling after the effort on Thursday unless we made major changes, but that wasn't going to happen. How Lasley was still standing at 90 minutes today is beyond me. Knocked his pan in again today.

Couldn't get lifted for today's game after Thursday so not that bothered to be honest.

If Lasley, who is one of the oldest players in the squad can put in a shift like he did today after thurs, then surely questions need to be asked about the other guys, most are 20 years old,they should be fit enough to easily play 3 games a week at their age. And it snot as if today was played at 100mph

Anyway it wasnt even fitness that was the problem, we have severe problems at the back which dont seem to be getting addressed and no creativity going forward meaning were restricted to punting long balls as our players seem physically incapable of passing to a teammate from 10 yards.

Disappointed at todays performance.

We can have no arguements over the result at all but the manner in which we lose the game again leaves a horrible taste in the mouth. Scottish football to me is fast becoming a laughing stock. The referee's are ruing the game beyond belief and if to me is almost becoming pointless to turn up at a game against the Old Firm as you are guaranteed to spend your time screaming abuse at the useless biaised fuckwit it the middle. He could not wait to give the penalty, was delighted to give it and even more so to send Saunders off.

Criag Brown in his after match interview was excellant he said that its a penalty becasue there is really slight contact and Maloney went down but he was quick to point out how quickly and to quote Brown "enthusiaistically" he gave the penalty. Thats at least 4 games this season we have been the victim of really bad bad refereeing when are we actually going to get a decent break in our favour.

In saying that we did deserve the square root of fuck all today as we played really poorly. This International break is really needed to give the young lads a rest, mentally if not physically. They should be fit enough but to me they looked mentally knackered.

For the 3rd time at home in a row I am feeling fucking scunnered and let down and I never get like this.

Two poor teams on show today, being unbiased Celtic had a little more quality but we stopped them playing for most of game but never really settled ourselves. Their defence looked like a bombscare a shame we couldn't get at them more, Humphrey was off his game today and with very little else in way of an out ball we struggled with at times just no left side to our midfield.

Solid performances from Lasley, Randolph, Reynolds and Sutton but the cheapness and slackness that let them in for the penalty was terrible. Soft it may have been but was probably a penalty, certainly one we'd have been screaming for. Referee was horrendous in general.

Hately barring one tackle today was nigh on anonymous again I can't believe we hooked Jennings and left him on. Forbes also one good delivery into box but isn't up to pace of the SPL, we need a signing that can play left side midfield week in week out that has some ability and an engine on them to put in a shift. Easier said than done finding said player but it one of a few things we're crying out for.

No fight, no desire, no determination, no enthusiasm, was a really disappointing performance.

Cant complain with the result. Didnt think it was a sending off to be honest but fuck it Dougie McDonalds always quick to give penalties to they bastards.

Depressing familiarity about the weekends football. Celtic beat us at walking pace after being humiliated during the week in Europe, Rangers scrape a result at Ibrox in the usual workmanlike way and the rest of the results are as unpredictable as ever with teams trading points with each other. Result Old Firm 1-2 in the league and this well fan struggling to keep his enthusiam up for the forthcoming SPL season. How I wish we were still in Europe.

No fight, no desire, no determination, no enthusiasm, was a really disappointing performance.

One possibility would be still tired from the inserts in the EL and perhaps a little disappointed, because they must say "goodbye" to Europe. (IMHO)

Broon - Tactically got it wrong when he changed to 5-4-1

Randolph - couple of good saves , best player of a bad bunch

Saunders - looks like a decent prospect but like today he'll make mistakes and cost us points

Reynolds/Craggs - ok

Hateley - Poor performance for me.

Jennings - Looked way off the pace, carrying and injury?

Blackman - Gash!

Lasley - 100% effort as usual

Humphrey - total passenger today

Forbes - as always decent on the ball

Hammel - shame he got the injury cause he had Forrest in his back pocket

Page - did alright although got skint a few times by Forrest

Murphy - Ok

Sutton - Big guy was getting fouled all day , but tried his best

Badly need some creativity. We could have played all day and not scored. It was the same on Thursday. Other than the Honduran fullback that had Humphrey in his back pocket, their defence is pish, and we still created nothing.

What about that wee fanny Maloney? was under the same pressure for 15 yards and stayed on his feet, yet went down when he reached the box.

Still, a couple of positives out of the game. We defended better against set pieces and Page looked OK when he came on.

As has been said before, when are we going to get a break from referees?

3 main issues for me today is

the total lack of creativity in and around the goals, the way we didn't seem to go near there players until they crossed the halfway line and the gaping holes in defence you could have driven a bus through our defence today.

At best 4/10 for todays performance, lots of tired legs hopefully the international break will help.

Depressing familiarity about the weekends football. Celtic beat us at walking pace after being humiliated during the week in Europe, Rangers scrape a result at Ibrox in the usual workmanlike way and the rest of the results are as unpredictable as ever with teams trading points with each other. Result Old Firm 1-2 in the league and this well fan struggling to keep his enthusiam up for the forthcoming SPL season. How I wish we were still in Europe.

Spot on - and welcome to the club mate :mellow:

In saying that, next 3 SPL games are decent - St Johnstone away for a bevvy, Aberdeen at home to get it up McGhee and Hearts away for a big bevvy. After that I don't know how excited I will be - we look way short in all areas of the pitch. Oh!! We have the CIS cup too in September :thumbup:

we were piss poor and got what we deserved, however

shaun maloney is a diving wee shite - no one even tackled him and any contact if any occured after the wee rat was already on his knees - and dougie mcdonald went to bed with celtic. he couldn't wait to give that pen - like a 5 year old at christmas

i don't mind losing but not like that taste fuckin sour so it does

celtic fans are a complete embaresment to the country they can shove that IRA pish up there arse. also notice one of our fans let of a smoke bomb or something so stupid

rant over

It was never a clear goal scoring opportunity, reynolds was back diving c**t was going away from goal.

How the ref can see it as a straight red when he was way behind the incident is beyond belief, he had as good a view as me and I'm in line with the dugouts in the east stand.