Celtic - Home 29th August - Discussion Thread

TAM

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was away for the weekend,and have just saw the highliigts, Ithink the BBC match report sums it up quite well !

Slack defending allowed Maloney to race clear and referee Dougie McDonald awarded a penalty as the forward "COLLAPSED" under pressure from the chasing Saunders.

Wee cheatin f'ecker !

Broon says on the official Jennings was injured

I was told that Jennings hadn't shat for 3 days and went to the doctor and he told him that if he didn't shite by Friday he wasn't getting his game cause he wouldn't last 30 minutes.

Maybe he lied and said he had shat when he hadn't.

Just watched the highlights and it was a definite pen. Whilst he needed no invitation to go down there is a push. A bit niave but he's a young lad and will learn from it.

Would we have got it at the other end? Not likely. That's why I'm starting to hate Scottish Fitba, it's been like that for thirty years that I've seen and it'll never change. The baw's burst.

Two other things:-

Neil Lennon is a caveman who communicates through clicks and grunts; and

The Smeltic supporters are a disgrace for their constant pro IRA chanting. Depressingly, it'll never change.

Just watched the highlights and it was a definite pen. Whilst he needed no invitation to go down there is a push. A bit niave but he's a young lad and will learn from it.

Like it or not, the ref got it spot on. Saunders should have left him and put his faith in Randolph to save it. Randolph was in great form on Saturday and my money would have been on Maloney to have bottled it.

I thought the Celtic supports chanting was particularly bad yesterday. I gave up shouting at the ref after a while. I agree with the above poster. The baw is burst and Scottish footballs integrity is now non-exsistant due to the ref's pandering to these mutants.

Sorry - don't agree with any of the posters that say that it was a clear penalty, it was nothing of the sort. Nothing clear either about the refs positioning when the penalty was given either he was too far away from the action and should have erred on the site of caution by giving nothing. But wait a minute we were playing Celtic what am I saying.

Celtic fans were their usual scummy selves, didn't expect anything else tbh not exactly a surprise was it. They will never ever change and fuck all will ever be done about it.

not the best game but it was a better performance than the last time we played them at fir park.

it's not a nice thought but at the end of the day we have no right to compete with them, they had nine internationalists starting and another six on the bench while half our 14 players were 22 and under. no one would expect a team from the middle of league one to compete with an epl team and unfortunately that's the kind of disparity in resources that is occuring when we play celtic these days. they have around 25 experienced players in their first team squad, we have 8 and we couldn't even bring a sub on when we desperately needed a goal the other night.

if we are to get a result against them it'll be on a day when everything goes right and that was never going to be yesterday after playing a knackering game on thursday and with more tims than well fans in fir park. the break has come at the ideal time and our bread and butter season starts at perth in a couple of weeks.

Would we have got it at the other end? Not likely. That's why I'm starting to hate Scottish Fitba, it's been like that for thirty years that I've seen and it'll never change. The baw's burst.

Two other things:-

Neil Lennon is a caveman who communicates through clicks and grunts; and

The Smeltic supporters are a disgrace for their constant pro IRA chanting. Depressingly, it'll never change.

Aye - slightly worse than 'sieg heil' :ph34r:

I wish it was that easy. What about the constant intimidation in and around Fir Park when the Old Infirm are in town? Try singing our songs louder when you're outnumbered 40 to 1 in Motherwell train station.

Spineless in that sort of situation? You better believe it.

I say again - depressingly, it'll never change. The old firm, quite frankly, show to the world every weekend how small minded and backward a nation we really are.

I watched the whole game yesterday and was left with the opinion that Well showed Celtic a bit too much respect. Celtic were by no means excellent, and their current side is filled with mediocrity, but Motherwell were a bit timid out there. The only clear chance I can recall was Sutton's header in the first minute which he really should have finished. It wasn't an abject performance, it was steady enough, but any good work fizzled out as the play moved towards the Celtic goal. Shame, because Celtic looked brittle and nervous and could have been beaten.

And was that wee Robyn and her pal who made a couple of appearances on telly?

Humphrey total shite.

To be fair, Humphrey came up against a very tallented left back, amongst others he was off his game, he wont come up against better left backs than him this season.

On the whole 1 - 0 was a fair result, yes disappointed but i wouldnt start throwing the towel in just yet, there are weaker teams in this league and i still think we can finish top six if the main players stay fit.

Hibs who were arguably the contenders for a top six spot have now lost there main threat up front Stokes to Celtic, so this can only aid our campaign.

Keep the chins up, have a good two week recuperating and lets start again, fresh and enthusiastic, never know it could be CUP year. :cheers:

Another note on the BBC gossip page that made me chuckle:

After his team lost 1-0 to Celtic courtesy of a late penalty in Sunday's lunchtime kick-off, Motherwell manager Craig Brown tells defender Steven Saunders that when a player, "especially an Old Firm player", is running away from goal there is no need to make a challenge. (Daily Express)

Broonie you wily old fox...