Celtic - Home 29th August - Discussion Thread

TAM

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i reckon that Sundays game could not have came at a better time, ok Celtic lost at the same stage as us, but under totally different circumstances, they were HUMPED, big time Motherwell were the better team over the two legs, the difference between the teams was Utaka basically and are poor defending.

Celtic Sunday will prove a great test but not an impossible test, i believe we can beat them, we have the pace and the ability to pull it off.

Team would be the same team as thursday. Although i would like to see Craigan dropped to the bench. (But thats another story) That wont happen as he seems to be bullet proof.

Ok realistically speaking, Bring Jennoe back in sit Hately on the bench.

Stick with Blackman up front, Murphy wide left, Humphrey wide right, Sutton supporting Blackman.

As stated on other posts, most of the crosses from Humphrey seem to be going long or in and around the back post, Murphy could cut inside from the left to support the move going forward from the right, and that is were the attack of the back post will come into play, Murphy is arguabally our best header of a ball.

When attacking from the left Sutton drop off to the back post looking to put the back into the danger area, ie 6 yard box were Blackman would be my best bet to be able to create an opportunity. It seems pretty basic but it works more ofter than not.

A high tempo will suit Motherwell, and the back 4 of Celtic are not the quickest in the SPL.

Defending will have to be top notch, and no silly fouls around the 18 yard box (Lasley)

Celtic will come and try and play football, to try and prove they are not as bad as their result suggested, they will expect Motherwell to sit back, that cant be the case attack from the first whistle and get them on the back foot, then the nerves from Thurs drubbing will hunt them and then mistakes will happen, Players will start to go AWOL, as they will fear the halftime Tea throwing.... Come on Motherwell have a real go at them and send them home with a black eye from the big Brown Meister.

managed to double book myself this Sunday (forgot the game had been moved :wallbash: )so I won't be there to watch the game

anyway I sure the old scum green will try to make up for their pish poor performance on Thursday night but with NL as a boss I don't give them much hope

CB and AN will get our players re focused for this game and the Well with give them a footballing lesson

the only problem will be the man in the middle, will he want to make sure the old firm team don't lose

Not sure what team I'd like to see. Jennings back is a gimme. Not sure who'd prefer up front but don't want to see Sutton in midfield again and Blackman I might lean towards upfront but I still got a freeze frame image of that rotten header when he could have buried it with a bit of composure.

Randolph

Saunders Craigan Reynolds Hammell

Humphrey Lasley Jennings Fitzpatrick

Blackman Murphy

Not sure about Fitzpatrick but Hately for me if he isn't scoring free kicks has been largely poor since tail end of last season when he decided he was a midfield player and not a full back.

I agree with that, although i'll go for 1-0 to the Well. Casagolda header. :)

they might be shite but they're still along way ahead of us and have better attacking options, expect an entertaining game with a 3-1 defeat.

would play a 4.5.1 with murphy just behind blackman and drop him back to the left if we're under pressure.

oh and that avatar and sig are rather depressing now. :thumbup:

mulgrew is out which is bad because he was the real weakness - also a good thing because his set peices are dynamite. however hump vs joe ledley and murphy vs their asian right back on the wing i think we can cause them real problems.

mon the well

Well i reckon that Sundays game could not have came at a better time, ok Celtic lost at the same stage as us, but under totally different circumstances, they were HUMPED, big time Motherwell were the better team over the two legs, the difference between the teams was Utaka basically and are poor defending.

Celtic Sunday will prove a great test but not an impossible test, i believe we can beat them, we have the pace and the ability to pull it off.

Team would be the same team as thursday. Although i would like to see Craigan dropped to the bench. (But thats another story) That wont happen as he seems to be bullet proof.

Ok realistically speaking, Bring Jennoe back in sit Hately on the bench.

Stick with Blackman up front, Murphy wide left, Humphrey wide right, Sutton supporting Blackman.

As stated on other posts, most of the crosses from Humphrey seem to be going long or in and around the back post, Murphy could cut inside from the left to support the move going forward from the right, and that is were the attack of the back post will come into play, Murphy is arguabally our best header of a ball.

When attacking from the left Sutton drop off to the back post looking to put the back into the danger area, ie 6 yard box were Blackman would be my best bet to be able to create an opportunity. It seems pretty basic but it works more ofter than not.

A high tempo will suit Motherwell, and the back 4 of Celtic are not the quickest in the SPL.

Defending will have to be top notch, and no silly fouls around the 18 yard box (Lasley)

Celtic will come and try and play football, to try and prove they are not as bad as their result suggested, they will expect Motherwell to sit back, that cant be the case attack from the first whistle and get them on the back foot, then the nerves from Thurs drubbing will hunt them and then mistakes will happen, Players will start to go AWOL, as they will fear the halftime Tea throwing.... Come on Motherwell have a real go at them and send them home with a black eye from the big Brown Meister.

Exactly what I was going to write :evilgrin:

It's been said in the past by our own managers and fans that they discount results against the old firm, and to be honest having a full healthy squad hasn't made much of a difference in recent years anyway when we face either.

I would look to use my squad as I think Lasley could use a rest, Sutton could do with more recovery time, Hately needs a good kick up the arse, and we are not selling Reynolds as a Central Defender so try him out at holding midfield.

I would like to see what we can get out the game with this lineup for as long as possible..then if fails pull on the subs; Blackman, Murphy, Sutton, Lasley/Hately,

.....................Randolph

Saunders....Craigan...Hutchinson...Hammell

....................Reynolds..........................

Humphrey..Jennings....Forbes..Fitzpatrick

...................Casagolda........................

Looking forward to the game but at the same time not looking forward to it. Going away from the actual match for a minute I'm disappointed that the Celtic fans are again being housed in the POD Stand. Bad enough when we got moved from the Cooper Stand to accomodate them but now at halftime we are standing in the same queue for a pie or all going to the same toilet. Just seems like a really odd decision to me and I'm surprised it is given the ok by Strathclyde Police. Let us be honest though, it is a decision made by the Club from a purely financial perspective. Some of their fans provocative singing and verbals in the same fixture last season was a disgrace.

I'm not one for giving the club a kicking over the slightest wee thing but I think when a fan is made to feel uncomfortable in their own Main Stand in their own home ground to the point where they won't wear their teams colours to avoid confrontation then that is a very poor situation. Down from my soapbox.

Onto the game. I would take a draw just now. As poor a team and manager as Celtic have the truth is they are still ahead of the rest of us in every aspect. All of our players wil need to be at 100% to get anything as I think they will be fired up after the drubbing in Holland.

Head Motherwell 1 Celtic 3

Heart Motherwell 2 Celtic 1

Not feeling confident for this game at all tomorrow. Think our young lads will feel the effects of Thursdays game more than they will, our boys tried and just failed while Celtic got pumped so will be up to make amends and the hordes of unwashed will be baying for blood from the off. Would make a few changes to our team.

.....................Randolph

Saunders....Craigan...Reynolds......Hammell

..................Jennings..Hately............

Humphrey...........Forbes................Murphy

......................Blackman..........

Think Las and Sutton could be doing with a break, plus would give us options from the bench. Try and use our pace on the flanks rather than punt the ball for Sutton to flick it on or try and win a foul. In saying that with Celtic's defence a bit shoddy Sutts might have a decent chance to bully Hooiveld and Loovens. Get down and get at there full backs aswell.

Tell Hately and Jenno to sit and work there midfield and let our forward four break them down. Try and get Forbes on the ball as much as possible without him having to run to much. Dictate the passes over the top of the full backs for Humphrey and Murphy to run onto and Blackman to hustle and run all day.

Heart says 2-1 Well, head says 2-0 green mhanky mhob.

EDIT. Forgot they have that big swdish centre half who looks a good player. Pace it is, think he would have Sutts in his back pocket.

One nil tae the good guys, cue "club in crisis" headlines and cracked celtic badge in the shite scottish tabloids. Yaas!

Love it!

Plus interview with some ex-player all too willing to stick the knife in "I've never known things so bad" style .... Andy Walker is available and has pedigree in this field.

As for tomorrow, reckon there will be a bounce from the unwashed however their defence is horrible, makes Craigan and the boys look like Baresi-esque playing catenaccio in the early 90's. The speed Humphrey and Jamie offer combined with the areal threat of Sutton and Blackman offers them many problems.

I'll be watching closely to see if Humph's crosses give the strikers a chance or if they are idling and not offering support to his hard work on the wing.

Jenno back in midfield running the show, its all good.

I wouldn't complain with Sieb's line up or his thought process. Also gives Sutton a chance to impact the game later on and gives Forbes a chance to stake a claim to a start.

Would drop Sutton and Hateley to give them some much needed rest. Craigan can have a break after the international period as Johnny Page would be too inexperienced to throw into the game.

Randolph

Saunders Craigan Reynolds Hammell

Jennings Fitzpatrick

Humphrey Forbes Blackman

Murphy

If we get a result we'll sneak it.

Motherwell 1 - 0 Celtic.

Our finishing needs to improve quickly if we are to get a result. Strikers should have hit the net on thursday on at least 4 occasions and we cannot afford to miss chances v celtic. Lack of finishing was also costly in our opener v hibs.

I strongly fancy us for a glorious and memorable victory - cos I can't make it!

Only the third home game I've missed since 2003.

It will probably hinge on the first goal, if we score it I think we'll have a great chance of winning but will our legs hold out?

Celtic can bring in fresh players, we can't.

Celtic got knocked out of europe because they are crap! jeez! when's the last time you remember a Celtic manager punching the air in triumph when they "thrahsed" inverness 1-0. Cmon, a real celtic team would be embarrassed only beating them 1-0. They should not be feared.

They are on a downer 'cause they got really gubbed and are just not a top level team.

We got knocked out of europe, but all you have to do is read the postings on hear to realize that we are fkn really pissed off and annoyed and ragin cause we know that we really should have and could have still been in europe.

Celtic are Pish with a capital P let's go right at them from the start. We have missed so many chances, at some point we are going to score a barrowload. let's make it sunday .............this is the start of our journey to europe 2011. i want back into europe next year and I want those danish Bar stewards back here to give them the pounding they deserve.

get intae them C'mon the Well!!! 3-1 Motherwell

Looking forward to the game but at the same time not looking forward to it. Going away from the actual match for a minute I'm disappointed that the Celtic fans are again being housed in the POD Stand. Bad enough when we got moved from the Cooper Stand to accomodate them but now at halftime we are standing in the same queue for a pie or all going to the same toilet. Just seems like a really odd decision to me and I'm surprised it is given the ok by Strathclyde Police. Let us be honest though, it is a decision made by the Club from a purely financial perspective. Some of their fans provocative singing and verbals in the same fixture last season was a disgrace.

I'm not one for giving the club a kicking over the slightest wee thing but I think when a fan is made to feel uncomfortable in their own Main Stand in their own home ground to the point where they won't wear their teams colours to avoid confrontation then that is a very poor situation. Down from my soapbox.

Onto the game. I would take a draw just now. As poor a team and manager as Celtic have the truth is they are still ahead of the rest of us in every aspect. All of our players wil need to be at 100% to get anything as I think they will be fired up after the drubbing in Holland.

Head Motherwell 1 Celtic 3

Heart Motherwell 2 Celtic 1

i agree with that and i'd say having OF fans in the pod actually reduces the home crowd, i expect stats will show this.tbh it seems a bit pointless when they can't fill the away stand, last few games certainly against celtic have had a good 1000 or so empty seats in the away end.