Shirt Pulling

East_Stand_Al

It would appear I was wrongly of the opinion that Shirt tugging , holding players back and shoving in the box at set pieces was being actively stomped on by the officials.

Clearly not been the case so far thats for sure, does anyone know for sure what the rules are around this ?

it's not about being wrong, it's about playing the % and if refs don't do anything about it then we'd be missing out if we didn't do it.

I think you'll find that because we're seen as a wee diddy team the refs don't give a flying fuck about us.

well do you think we would've got a pen if that happened to jamie murphy at the other end?

I watched the penalty incident over and over, in slow motion and from the cooper angle and there is no challenge...Maloney is a con-artist and typical dougie mcdonald scared to refuse the old firm.

we've been the good guys for far too long, gets you nowhere....need to start dishing out and complaining for everything.

We need to adopt the aggressive gamesmanship style of Don Revie’s Leeds. C’mon Craig and Archie it’s time to let the boys off the leash. With a bit of coaching we can go from Fair Play champs to shirt pullers and leg breakers in no time. :ph34r:

Gies peace, refs won't let us away with it the way they let other teams off. Stick with the moral upholtitude, only thing we have over some of the underlings we have to face. AT least we can hold our heads high.

Aye y've got me there, any chance of an explanation for a mere mortal? Bet you Samuel Johnstone would struggle with that!

It happens at all levels with us. I watched my son's team (Motherwell u13s) get beaten yesterday by a St Mirren side that bullied, snarled, shirt-pulled and kicked our boys. One team was cynical, the other team lost - but I'd have been furious if my boy had resorted to those tactics to win. Ok we have to wise up a bit to counter these sort of teams, but I hope I never see a Motherwell team of any age resorting to 'playing' like that.

But if other clubs are happy with these win-at-all-costs tactics with 12-year-olds (and I could name several that do at that age group) then we can't be surpirsed that their first teams play that way. Anyway, Youngy has always advocated the benefits of producing good footballers ahead of gaining results in the youth system, and I'm happy with that. Once our more skilful boys start to catch up physically at around the age of 15, the others lose their advantage and we find tend to win more than we lose - if only the first team could manage the same against the physically-big teams we have struggled against for years.

It's classified under rule 7:-

- Shirtpulling no longer acceptable and referees to give penalties.

However, there is clause 7.1 which clearly states ....

" the following teams and players are exempt from the rule:-

- Rangers

- Celtic

- Odense

- Sol Bamba"

I thought Celtic were a disgrace today, especially the big bald Swede. Odense were also guilty of pulling shirts on a number of occasions the other night. Maybe it's a Scandinavian thing, where they get away with it more over there.

No one Can complain about this in My opinion because We are guilty of it too! Craigan and Reynolds have been more so than the others! Although it isn't terribly common from us, it still happens!

Refs dont want to give penalties for "Smaller" teams in Europe and the league incase they go through!

No one Can complain about this in My opinion because We are guilty of it too! Craigan and Reynolds have been more so than the others! Although it isn't terribly common from us, it still happens!

Refs dont want to give penalties for "Smaller" teams in Europe and the league incase they go through!

I can complain all I want, not like anyone listens is it? :)