Anti Football.

Modernist

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with a lot of folk on here. :D

We need someone in midfield to pull the strings and link up with the strikers.

Lasley always gives 100% but Tom Hatley is not the same player as last year.

I watched the game on ESPN ( I was at work by the way ) and it was DIRE.

The long ball game is going to make us have one hell of a long , boring season.

And I hate to say this because I know everyones gonna have a go at me but here goes :blink:

Blackman is rank rotten every time Ive seen him play, IMO we should send him packing back to Blackburn and free up whatever portion of his wages we are paying so we can get a midfielder in. :rolleyes:

What you talking about ? Today is the first game in the league where we haven't scored!

A penalty from a stupid foul, a flick from a flukey cross and one well worked goal apart, we really haven't created many chances so far. Mainly due to the fact we don't have anyone in the box when Humphrey is crossing it, and when on the odd occasion we do have people in the box everyone runs to the front post when Humphrey mainly puts it into the back psot area.

But we didn't win today, and i know it's early days but we haven't even looked like scoring against the better sides in the league so far.

You mean Celtic? Since we've played three games and scored in two of them. It's a bit harsh slagging off the team for not looking like scoring against Rangers, Dundee United, Hearts etc. when eh... we've naw even played them yet :rolleyes:

I agree with a lot of folk on here. :D

We need someone in midfield to pull the strings and link up with the strikers.

Lasley always gives 100% but Tom Hatley is not the same player as last year.

I watched the game on ESPN ( I was at work by the way ) and it was DIRE.

The long ball game is going to make us have one hell of a long , boring season.

And I hate to say this because I know everyones gonna have a go at me but here goes :blink:

Blackman is rank rotten every time Ive seen him play, IMO we should send him packing back to Blackburn and free up whatever portion of his wages we are paying so we can get a midfielder in. :rolleyes:

Did someone not say they would drive the Juke back to Everton last year ? Have you ever heard of giving players time? Or do you want to get shot of any player after a pish outing?

A penalty from a stupid foul, a flick from a flukey cross and one well worked goal apart, we really haven't created many chances so far. Mainly due to the fact we don't have anyone in the box when Humphrey is crossing it, and when on the odd occasion we do have people in the box everyone runs to the front post when Humphrey mainly puts it into the back psot area.

Your point is still flawed! We have scored 3 goals in 3 games!

I agree that its a shoddy record though ! :rolleyes:

comes back to the argument as fans would we rather win ugly playing anti football or lose playing nice football. Is the SPL really all about the result only and to hell with the performance?

Are modern day players lazy? Where did the one touch pass and move go? One of our players gets the ball, and his outlay is a hopeful punt up the park! Where are his colleagues? Modern players are ment to be fitter than ever before, yet one or even two cant get their erse into space for an out ball. Surely, the players cant be that low on confidence this early in the season, that they are hiding? After all, Gannon had them playing football until they all had a fall out.

if it comes down to a relegation scrap then win at all costs but if we're a mid table side which we are then i'd rather see good football even if the results don't always follow.

as for the rest i'd put it down to being tired after midweek (hopefully).players now are fitter and stronger as they don't eat as much shite/smoke etc but that doesnae always make for a better quality game.

You mean Celtic? Since we've played three games and scored in two of them. It's a bit harsh slagging off the team for not looking like scoring against Rangers, Dundee United, Hearts etc. when eh... we've naw even played them yet :rolleyes:

To be fair that's why i said i know its only early days... I was just making an observation from the two games i have seen so far against 2 out of the five other sides in the top six last season.

Did someone not say they would drive the Juke back to Everton last year ? Have you ever heard of giving players time? Or do you want to get shot of any player after a pish outing?

No I dont IMO weve got enough strikers at the club Murphy, Sutton, Mc Hugh, Casgolada we need a midfielder.

The last thing we need is a striker whos eating up part of he wage bill that is tight anyway when weve got up front players better than him.

The chances that fell his way on thursday should have been buried.

Hes young yes but he is garbage

I know most wont agree but Im only expressing my opinion.

No I dont IMO weve got enough strikers at the club Murphy, Sutton, Mc Hugh, Casgolada we need a midfielder.

The last thing we need is a striker whos eating up part of he wage bill that is tight anyway when weve got up front players better than him.

The chances that fell his way on thursday should have been buried.

Hes young yes but he is garbage

I know most wont agree but Im only expressing my opinion.

Nothing wrong with expressing an opinion but it's premature!

This time last year the Juke was in the very same position ! The guy's touch is good! He won the free kick that led to the goal in Odense and score the winer v Killie. That for me is good enough to merit keeping him. You can't judge a man on 1 bad game!

Nothing wrong with expressing an opinion but it's premature!

This time last year the Juke was in the very same position ! The guy's touch is good! He won the free kick that led to the goal in Odense and score the winer v Killie. That for me is good enough to merit keeping him. You can't judge a man on 1 bad game!

Im not judging him on 1 bad game Im judging him by everytime hes played.

The winner against Killie was a knockdown from casagolda and it hit his leg on the way down.

I just feel weve got better and the wages saved could give us a chance to get what we really need.

A midfielder.

And Imall for giving young lads a go, Why not play wee McHugh hes been here for a long time and deserves his chance ahead of an overpaid 2nd string englishman who will lets face it probably never get near the first team at his club

Exactly, give the guy a chance.

So where's Humphrey's chance? Its pretty obvious the guy's a confidence player, when he gets his head up he plays reasonably well, he hits one shite ball then everybody gets on his back and the head goes down again. Now we're back where we started. A bit of support never hurts.

I realise I've went off the current topic a bit here, but I thought it was a valid point to make

So where's Humphrey's chance? Its pretty obvious the guy's a confidence player, when he gets his head up he plays reasonably well, he hits one shite ball then everybody gets on his back and the head goes down again. Now we're back where we started. A bit of support never hurts.

I realise I've went off the current topic a bit here, but I thought it was a valid point to make

I think Humphrey could be a brilliant player for us when we start getting someone to attack at the back post :whistling:

You talking to me or just in general? Because personally i have and still do give Humphrey a chance.

Good point, Humphrey seems to be the new Fitzy or Forbes. Take your pick.

No, it wasn't aimed at anybody in particular, just generally asking.

It does my tits in a fair bit when folk tell us to give (particularly) a striker "a chance" just because he isnt bursting the net every week, and tell us he'll come good. It's easy to defend a striker as 9 time out of 10 they will find a bit of form and score some goals (Porter, Jukey etc)

Humphrey on the other hand can't be judged on goals as thats not what he's primarily in the team for. He can only do his best in crossing the ball in but it just seems everybody jumps on his back for a poor one but dont acknowledge that a portion of his crosses are decent balls into the box, let down by a) nobody in the box or b) poor finishing from a striker (even though the striker takes the credit anyway if they score).

He's a confidence player, lets try giving the guy some :whistling:

To me, we've got the Lasley and Jennings the wrong way round. Lasley should be the ball-winner in the middle of the park and Jennings should be trying to link midfield to attack rather than just sitting. We certainly could be doing with someone who has a bit of a spark.

I’m not a fan of the long ball game, but equally the playing from the back Gannon style also had it’s problems, as we didn’t have the quality required for that type of game.

I’m not sure what the answer is, as today tired or not we were very, very poor. This Celtic team were humped 4-0 by an average Dutch side and it’s sad to say that outwith Rangers no other SPL side could inflict that sort of defeat on them.

The SPL table already has a familiar feel to it, with average Celtic and Rangers sides leading the way and the rest playing catch up.

The answer was to take whatever came our way results wise for a season or two on the chin and work with young players to build that experience and quality up. :whistling:

We don't have the patience, inclination or understanding for any of that.