Reynolds

Tartan Copper

It looks more and more likely that Reynolds is staying put, but could we cope without him ?

My opinion is that we could easliy cope without him, we missed an opportunity getting rid last year when he was talk of the town.

As the season goes on his price is going down, his form has dipped and his passing is poor.

Who could play an equal part in the team and not cost us a penny ?

Would our campaign be affected without him ?

Please discuss

im glad we didnt accept £200k from Swansea, he has a decent start to the season and we will get £200k min for him in January or if he goes next summer we will still get at least £100k training fees. Keeping him might be the difference between 1 or 2 league placings so I dont have a prob with not selling yet

Aye but would you honestly be happy with Saunders + Craggs in the centre of defence? we`d lose some amount of points getting raped for pace + giving away stupid penalties. Better Saunders grows into his role and grows up a bit, he has all the tools but has stupid decision making at times

We've coped with far better players leaving than Reynolds.

He is not that bad, and i guess there is few better than him in the SPL outwith the old firm players.

Perhaps is we had hyped him up to the hilt, rather than constantly saying he is crap, we might have got someone to sign him. We need to sell players to survive, and the more money we get the better it is for the club. Sure, it is ok to be honest, realistic, but a wee white lie, might have been better for all concerned!

We have young defenders coming through but you can't have inexperience in the middle of defence and not expect to concede goals.

I'd go as far as saying if we lost Reynolds we almost certainly wouldn't finish in the Top Six.

If you disagree think of the times when we've played with inexperienced players at centre half - Reynolds first season when we were almost relegated and Gannon's spell last season when we conceded heavily against the better teams.

This idea that Hutchinson or Saunders can just step in at the back to replace Reynolds as if nothing happened is just so far off the mark....

Hibs game apart where he was brutal he has had a good start to the season. We have Saunders, Hutchinson and Page that we could play about with plus Hateley can drop into defence to support them however I think it may have left a hole that was a bit too big to plug at this stage for us to have any meaningful challenge to the top six this season. However had we sold him a week or two ago totally different story as that would have given us a bit of time to replace him. Not ideal situation but if he helps guide us to 6th then its job well done.

bamba is also known to make a few mistakes.

Yes true mate, but he seems to be commanding, thought he was solid against us. Someone like him instead of Reynolds or Craigan, would be a good mix, we lack pace, which has undone us on a few occasions recently.

Dont get me wrong Reynolds is the best we have got, but keeping him will affect his sell on. Gannon did ok with the youngsters, wasnt a thrashing every game. I liked his set up. And to be fair as a manager i liked him too. Because of him Craigan and Lasley work alot harder now as they know there not bullet proof anymore.

Aye but would you honestly be happy with Saunders + Craggs in the centre of defence? we`d lose some amount of points getting raped for pace + giving away stupid penalties. Better Saunders grows into his role and grows up a bit, he has all the tools but has stupid decision making at times

Saunders has gave away one stupid penalty? He's really quite quick aswell. He's more prone to a mistake at right back because he doesn't look fully comfortable in that position. At centre half I've got ful confidence in the boy.