St Johnstone (a) 9/11

steelboy

saturday will see a return to supporting a team that features neither scott brown's ripped coupon on the park or a clueless manager who's ambition seems to be take walter smith's anti football crown off him. i cannot fucking wait!

with europe being over for us for another year and most of the players having had a wee break this is almost like a new start for us when we can get properly focused on the task at hand in the spl. st johnston will be desperate to get their first win so hopefully we can frustrate them a bit and come away with a sneaky win. i've no idea what brown will do with the team , i can't see him playing two out and attackers on the wing and i expect that if gow does well humphrey will be back on the bench but mcdiarmid park is massive and suited to humphrey and he's had two good games there before.

does anyone know if hammell will be fit?

-------------randloph

page craigan reynolds hammell

---lasley-- jennings-- hateley

humphrey----------------- murphy

--------------sutton

prediction: 2 nil to the well (murphy, blackman)

i think i'm going to go up to perth on the train for the first time on saturday, are there any decent pubs around? maybe even a sports bar as there's 3 games on at luchtime.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St Johnstone are my outside bet to make the top 6 this year and I beleive they are in a false position in the league, albeit we're only 3 games in. Would settle for a point to be honest but am expecting a defeat (when am i not?!?!).

I would play

Randolph

Page Craigan Reynolds Hammell

Humphrey Lasley Jennings Gow

Murphy Blackman

Have a feeling Broon will start with Steelboys team which isn't an unreasonable one to be fair.

2-0 Saints though I'm afraid.

PROZAC for Milo...............

When it comes to the Well I tend to err on the side of negativity myself, that way when mishaps happen as they often do the disappointment is not so great. But the day I start forecasting a 2-0 defeat to St Johnstone I know there is no hope left. That result may come to pass but I am not exepcting it to on Saturday.

Cheer up Milo............

11/9 surely? steelboy, are you an American? :huh:

:) i hadn't noticed that. i always just tend to think of of the 11th of september as 9/11.

Our tactics aren't too different from Scotland's.

i would disagree. we went over to odense and were much more offensive than scotland were in lithuania.

in fact the way we played in the away games at rugby park, pittodrie and tynecastle last season under brown should have been the way we played in kaunas.

My post from the first game of last season

Mr Dinosaur's guide to being in Perth,

The train station is miles away from the ground, as has been said get a taxi from the station if you don't fancy the walk. If you can get to Mill street bus station (opposite the cinema, next to Sportsters) then get the number 13 which stops at the big Tesco opposite the stadium.

As for parking, the ground is the easiest place to park but cost about a fiver last year. Street parking is pretty limited or you could risk parking in Tesco or B&Q.

If anyone is getting the bus and not bothered about going for a pint or anything to eat then get off at Broxden and get a taxi to the ground. The grounds only about half a mile away but I wouldn't risk walking along the A9!! The bus station in the town is beside the train so follow instructions from that bit.

Closest pub to the ground is the 208 (across from the crematorium). But its pretty tight so get there really early if you want a seat. There's also the Tulloch Institute round the corner from the crematorium.

In the town about all the pubs are safe, only one I may avoid is the B-Bar (never been in but it's not got a rep for nothing). Prices are generally about the same regardless where you go, theres a 'Spoons beside the Tay but thats means you'd be even further away from the ground. If you want to watch the lunchtime game before then I'd prob recommend The Foundry or Sportsters and the Sandeman. The smaller pubs in Perth tend not to have Sky/ESPN.

thats about all i can think of the now. but if anyone else needs some info then give me a shout.

As mentioned above, the Tulloch Institute Club is about 500 yds from Mcdiarmid. We are a private members club but are willing to book in supporters coaches this season as long as we have prior notice and details sorted out etc. We have a function room which away fans can be housed in, big screen sky sports/Espn and food could be made available.

If anyone running coaches is interested drop me a pm and we can try and sort something out.

Cheers

John

with europe being over for us for another year and most of the players having had a wee break this is almost like a new start for us when we can get properly focused on the task at hand in the spl. st johnston will be desperate to get their first win so hopefully we can frustrate them a bit and come away with a sneaky win. i've no idea what brown will do with the team , i can't see him playing two out and attackers on the wing and i expect that if gow does well humphrey will be back on the bench but mcdiarmid park is massive and suited to humphrey and he's had two good games there before.

-------------randloph

--------------sutton

I still cant my head around the fact that you have highlighted Humphrey as choice to warm the bench once again. He has been on form this season, drop him now and the confidence will flood out of him, the form of both Hateley and Lasley has been poor to be honest, yes Lasley had an average game against Celtic, which was made to look better as others were worse.

The advantages of playing Humphrey will outweigh the advantages of playing Lasley or Hately, Lasley offers no goal scoring threat or in fact goal scoring creative threat, dont get me wrong a workhorse, but thats it. (Water carrier) an old chelsea phrase or (Water Boy) cant remember the exact phrase. Hateley Offers a little more but not much, at least with him he can give you that one in ten chance of a goal directly from a free kick, my choice would be Lasley to the bench for the reasons stated above. I would put Forbes in instead of Lasley, and Sutton out for Blackman. Humphrey will prove the difference between getting beaten or winning away, like mentioned above he likes this ground. If the team was picked on current form, there would be four or five players needing to have a really close look at what they give the team. In form players need to be kept in the start 11, and Humphrey deserves his place on the park. :)

Nearest pub to ground is a bowling club (i think) bit back from turn off on other side .It is years since i was there so to be sure i would go on some St j boards and check.

Can only recommend the 208 along the road from the station. Cracking pub.

saturday will see a return to supporting a team that features neither scott brown's ripped coupon on the park or a clueless manager who's ambition seems to be take walter smith's anti football crown off him. i cannot fucking wait!

-------------randloph

hammell will be fit to play

--------------sutton

prediction: 2 nil to the well (murphy, blackman)

i think i'm going to go up to perth on the train for the first time on saturday, are there any decent pubs around? maybe even a sports bar as there's 3 games on at luchtime.

Yep it's a good pub near the park but nowhere near the station :D

Well, aye, but its near the ground!

If Grainger/Mackay isn't fit for them Humphrey will have an absolute field day against Anderson. St Johnstone have very little pace, Lasley/Jennings against Morris will be entertaining to watch, Murphy should have enough pace to beat Rutkiewicz and Duberry if we play clever balls, nae hoofing at them, theres no point.

Wee bit off topic here and i know its a bit late in the day .

I have got 2 complimentry ( motherwell end no fancy stuff ) tickets for the game on Saturday if anyone wants them for Mcdairmid park .

If anyone wants them they are more than welcome as it will save you a few lager tokens on the day , would have been going myself but getting stuff done in the house so it will be Sky sports and a few cans.

I am in New Stevenston if anyone is close by or if ye are local ill drop them off to you withing reason of course.

JT.

ps.

They are free of charge not looking for anything for them as i was given them .

I working this weekend other wise I would have gone to this game :ph34r:

Anyway I'm not sure how the team will be after their short break and the end of the European run

I hope they are refreshed and focused and not stiff and disinterested

Anyway it won't be an easy game but I think Gow will mark his debut with a goal or 2

(1 or 2 )-0 to the Well

Wee bit off topic here and i know its a bit late in the day .

I have got 2 complimentry ( motherwell end no fancy stuff ) tickets for the game on Saturday if anyone wants them for Mcdairmid park .

If anyone wants them they are more than welcome as it will save you a few lager tokens on the day , would have been going myself but getting stuff done in the house so it will be Sky sports and a few cans.

I am in New Stevenston if anyone is close by or if ye are local ill drop them off to you withing reason of course.

JT.

ps.

They are free of charge not looking for anything for them as i was given them .

Gone now enjoy the game.

JT.