Masters Football

mfcmainstand

Says Hearts are the 4th team here ---> Click Here

Bit dissapointed we've been dropped but hey, that will be reflected in the attendance I'm sure!

'Mon the 'Well Masters!

Old Squirm players probably complained we were too much of a contest for them. Their loss, that's for sure.

seriously though, why were we dropped? anyone know?

When the question was asked of them before they had committed to naming the 4th team they had said the popularity of the competition had increased and several teams were expressing an interest in playing. They said something about wanting to give everyone an opportunity.

When the question was asked of them before they had committed to naming the 4th team they had said the popularity of the competition had increased and several teams were expressing an interest in playing. They said something about wanting to give everyone an opportunity.
Hmm, If its about rotation, why didn't they drop one of the old firm teams? After all they have had more appearances than any other team. Sounds like sh!te to me.

Hmm, If its about rotation, why didn't they drop one of the old firm teams? After all they have had more appearances than any other team. Sounds like sh!te to me.

They'll never drop the Old Firm. If it really wasn't for the Old Firm then they wouldn't even break even financial wise with the event i doubt.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=o3cYr64QJew

^^ Winning in 2007

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1x2Rl2IhTYU

^^ The Final in Manchester....

Look at the 'Well fans when Owen Coyle opened the scoring against Man U :D:D

I remember reading on a Wolves forum after that saying they were watching us celebrate like we'd just scored at Old Trafford against United's first team :D

Gonna miss the Masters this year...

Maybe it will take our absence for a year for them to realise what we brought to the Masters, both on and off the park. Having two groups of three was on option they could and perhaps should have taken up, but there you go.

:lol:

Or maybe they didn't like the fact that the 'Well fans attended in a more Tennents Sixes type environment where it was actually quite competitive and they are keen to continue this happy clappy "Let's hear a big cheer from the Rangers fans" type nonsense.

It is, without doubt, their loss as not only did 'Well bring a team capable of beating both Rangers and Celtic (we were cheated last year you'll remember with a goal against Celtic about a second after the buzzer) but fans who bring colour and atmosphere unrivalled by any other!

Cap in hand summer 2010? We'll see :lol:

'Flow

If they do ask the 'Well back next year, whoever makes the decision should make them sweat a bit. I've never been but surely if Motherwell always bring a big crowd then it would make financial sense to keep us in? Or are the fans more bother than they're worth from a stewarding point of view? Not having a dig - just asking the question...

Frazzle