• Keith Lasley
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Nick Blackman
    • John Sutton
    • Alan Gow
    • Bob McHugh
    • Ross Forbes
    • Null Vote

Lasley and Jennings both had good games I thought although Jennings miss at the end was a bit of a shocker. I thought the forward players let us down today. In defence we were pretty solid apart from the goal and a couple of mistimed jumps by Reynolds. For me, Craigan was man of the match. Rock solid in defence and put a couple of cracking long balls for a change!

Lasley had a good first half and Jennings had a great game throughout. The thing that irks me is that Humphrey has blistering pace and we never use it to our advantage. I can't recall anytime today where the ball was played over for Humphrey to chase that wasn't verging on going out of play or so far away that the defenders were under no pressure. Most of this, IMO, comes from Lasley. Never finds Humphrey with a decent pass, Playing plenty great passes ahead of Hateley to run onto but can't do the same with Humphrey. Humphrey's crossing wasn't great at all today but he made some great darting runs with the ball.

I took Jennings as MOTM as he did the dirty work and played the simple passes that kept us ticking.

Despite the short time he was on, I thought Forbes playing in the hole looked bright and had a bit of an attacking spark that we miss in the centre of the field.

I'm a big fan of Sutton but he needs to be dropped.

Lasley had a good first half and Jennings had a great game throughout. The thing that irks me is that Humphrey has blistering pace and we never use it to our advantage. I can't recall anytime today where the ball was played over for Humphrey to chase that wasn't verging on going out of play or so far away that the defenders were under no pressure. Most of this, IMO, comes from Lasley. Never finds Humphrey with a decent pass, Playing plenty great passes ahead of Hateley to run onto but can't do the same with Humphrey. Humphrey's crossing wasn't great at all today but he made some great darting runs with the ball.

See. I was thinking that a lot recently as well. Humphrey's constantly standing out wide by himself but nobody plays the ball through for him. I don't know whether this has been the same in other games but today, I really noticed why. Humphrey's awareness and off the ball movement today was woeful. So many times, the ball would end up inside-right with Lasley/Jennings/Gow/Murphy/Blackman etc and Humphrey would stand behind his man, asking for the ball to be played back instead of anticipating the play and making a forward run. There were many times today when the man inside was waiting for him to move forward so he could be put through and he just stood still, waiting for the ball to feet.

If he's awake out there, by all means give him the ball. But today he was completely daydreaming so may times when he should have been getting forward to offer the run.

Anyway, for MOTM - I voted for Lasley in the end. Couldn't find the final pass today but he made some great runs with and without the ball, chased everything down and tried to create something whenever possible.

Darren Randolph for me. He didn't have a lot to do but made two or three vital/brave saves. Would have voted for Keith Lasley. Had a good first half but distribution let him down badly. Completely disappeared in the second half. Steve Jennings too had a reasonable game and although not as visible as Lasley in the first half kept going for 90 minutes.

Lasley for me.

100% effort as usual. I know he's not the most gifted of players but he sure puts in a shift for the team, but we desperately need a bit of creativity in the middle of the park.

Could Gow be the answer ?? On the strength of his cameo role yesterday the answer might just be yes. The only bit of creativity was when he sold the defence a dummy by looking to pass out to Humphrey then turned inside and fired in a cross which might just have got us the winner.

Humphrey for me is a bit of an enigma. Sure he has loads of pace but there is very seldom an end product. His awareness is lacking as far as I'm concerned. Every time the player behind him gets the ball instead of getting on his bike and making a forward run for the ball to be played to him he stands and waits for a ball to feet. On the occasions he does get a ball in front of him he seems to run past his marker and then turns back on himself instead of whipping a ball into the box. I'm not having a go at him but I feel there is something lacking although it's not all his fault; the number of times the ball goes down the left hand side of the park and nobody ever seems to look up and try switching it to the right where he is invariably standing in acres of space waiting for a ball to run onto.

Oh aye and yesterday proved one thing to me Hateley will never be a left back.

Agree with most of real dossers prevous post.

Lasley put in a shift.

Humphrey makes too many poor decisions after he gets past his man and crossing is woeful at times.

Hateley got caught on wrong side at the equaliser.

John Sutton was not at the races.

The gaffer took too long to change it as the game was there to be won and we lacked abit of spark.

The game was condensed today, unfortunately we never had the key to unlock it. This is as much as Aberdeen playing ten at the back more than anything else. We need to be more creative, maybe GOW will offer that option, Sutton needs to be rested in order to free up a position for GOW. As for man of the match, no stand out players, so as not to sit on the fence ill go with JENNINGS, steady performance nothing special. As stated before when either JENNINGS or LASLEY are touted as Man of the Matches, it normally means we were poor overall.