V Hearts 25/9/2010

dazamfc

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just about sobered up and dealt with a hangover.

Humphrey was brilliant, Murphy looks like he's playing with so much confidence just now, just wind him up and let him go, Craigan has Kyle's number, the referee was atrocious, Saunders was cracking at full back, growing into the role, Big Randy is awesome. I thought it was a stonewall penalty though, no matter.

Had a cracking night out in Edinburgh in the aftermath, fair play to the weans at the back of the stand, kept it bouncing the entire game, well played.

McKinnon on the bench that will be Rab Mckinnons nephew only 17 but a great prospect, Carswell is a young guy we signed from Clyde and is another prospect a bit like Skippy in build ,unless he is injured I find id hard to understand Jamie Pollocks omission from the squad.

Played football with him a couple of weeks ago decent player kinda hard to judge just how good he was because he was probally taking the piss half the time

We never signed Carswell from Clyde, he has came through our Youth Development programme! He's a holding midfielder, very much in the Scott Leitch mold. He's been the best player in the U19s team this season, so far.

The U19s player we picked up from Clyde during the summer was striker Steve Howarth, who already has 4 goals to his name in the youth league.

Oh, and Pollock is away with the Scotland U19s in Estonia which, combined with injuries to Hutchinson, Fitzpatrick, Hammell and Casagolda, was the reason for the apperance of the two youngsters on the bench.

Wis good enough for you to join in wi' at the time I seem to recall. :doh:

I don't remember anyone "joining in" at the time, as far as I remember it was just Haggischomper's catch phrase and signature. :huh:

Regardless, it was originally just a response to us playing Hearts in the cup started by Haggischomper (much like the "Bring The Fuckers On" chat about playing Celtic in the semi-final a few years ago), not an actual "nickname" for the Jambos. Actually referring to Hearts more than five years later as "FHW" is, in my opinion, pretty cringe-worthy.

I was there and I was 16.....2nd win outa 2 games that season at Swinecastle, but we didny relegate them, we stopped them bein promoted with us...almost as good :doh:

Me too, and I started work in Edinburgh 2 weeks later. Had Haggis come up with FHW in '82, I'd still use it to this day.................afterall I had to live and work amongst the bawbags for 20years.

I don't remember anyone "joining in" at the time, as far as I remember it was just Haggischomper's catch phrase and signature. ;)

Regardless, it was originally just a response to us playing Hearts in the cup started by Haggischomper (much like the "Bring The Fuckers On" chat about playing Celtic in the semi-final a few years ago), not an actual "nickname" for the Jambos. Actually referring to Hearts more than five years later as "FHW" is, in my opinion, pretty cringe-worthy.

I remember plenty joining in, FHW painted on faces, singing it at the semi final. Aye it was HC's original saying bit it wis loads on that board that picked it up and brought it into the public domain so file it under Ridiculously shite patter used by WTFC'ers, of which you were one, dinnae try and shift responsibility noo. :P

Incidentally much as Humphrey is getting a lot of credit for the goals (and rightly so), for the first one Blackman's technique is outstanding to open out his opposite foot from the direction the ball is coming.

Then particularly the second goal where most of the focus has been Humphrey ripping Jonsson, watch the way Sutton loses his man, going from the defender being goal-side and tight 6 yards out, to Sutton standing on his own a yard off the goal line with the defender not even realising...in the space of about a second and a half. Excellent forward play.

Whats the history behind most 'Well fan's (on here) hatred of Hearts (or FHW, apparently)? I hate the OF, Accies, Airdrie and Hibs more than FHW. But I think I just dislike Jambos in the same way as I dislike all our other rivals/fans ie Not much love, but no real specific hatred.

I've asked loads of my mates who are 'Well fans and have been for plenty years, but no-one can tell me why we hate them, they just say "'Cause we do!"

Has something happened in years gone by to make us hate them more than the likes of Utd, Killie, St. Midden etc?

Whats the history behind most 'Well fan's (on here) hatred of Hearts (or FHW, apparently)? I hate the OF, Accies, Airdrie and Hibs more than FHW. But I think I just dislike Jambos in the same way as I dislike all our other rivals/fans ie Not much love, but no real specific hatred.

I've asked loads of my mates who are 'Well fans and have been for plenty years, but no-one can tell me why we hate them, they just say "'Cause we do!"

Has something happened in years gone by to make us hate them more than the likes of Utd, Killie, St. Midden etc?

Simply Gorgie scum....

Won't be many on here had to endure the crap of the 80s when getting a bus home with all windows intact and managing to avoid a kicking after the game were considered amazing achievements. Not our fault they couldnae get promoted in 1982!

Simply Gorgie scum....

FHW.

Remember the Texaco Cup games and all the games in the 80's where, as Pie says, you get a kicking and go home freezing.

Anyone remember the path around the brewery with the mirrors where you ran the guantlet. Bottles, bricks etc.

FHW

There was nothing more miserable than standing on the terracing at Gorgie in the pishing rain watching us getting kicked off the park on a gray day with the rain slowly dripping down the back of yer neck by bams like Walter Kidd and Wayne Foster and knowing that after 90 mins of this slow death you'd then have to run for it or get a bleaching. First time I have said this in pure ages (and I'll make no apologies for this one) but, quite frankly, fuck Hearts....wankers! Those were some of the most miserable days of my life.

There was nothing more miserable than standing on the terracing at Gorgie in the pishing rain watching us getting kicked off the park on a gray day with the rain slowly dripping down the back of yer neck by bams like Walter Kidd and Wayne Foster and knowing that after 90 mins of this slow death you'd then have to run for it or get a bleaching. First time I have said this in pure ages (and I'll make no apologies for this one) but, quite frankly, fuck Hearts....wankers! Those were some of the most miserable days of my life.

What about the fannies in the tenement behind the terracing. Shower of aids ridden pricks.

FHW

my first ever trip to tynecastle was the last day of the season in 94/95 when we had 2nd sown up and the chance to relegate them and tommy mclean who had done the dirty on us the summer before. i remember the lane, the brewery smell, the seats but no roof and the third world toilets.

unfortunately we got beat (i remember colqhoun diving for a pen) and they stayed up. i was quite young at the time so i can't really remember but was the well support right up for relegating mclean or were we sympathetic to him due to the cup win and the previous season?

Incidentally much as Humphrey is getting a lot of credit for the goals (and rightly so), for the first one Blackman's technique is outstanding to open out his opposite foot from the direction the ball is coming.

Agreed mate, that was the first thing I thought when I watched the highlights!

The finish was world class - if that had been Berbatov or Rooney we'd have been hearing about how fantastic the technique was!